Joe Haden… I think he’s our guy at CB2

GolfandBills

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I think he’s the perfect signing for CB2.  He can fill in for Tre if he misses any time then slide over to CB2 with Dane being the outside back up.  He shouldn’t cost to much either.  Diggs has been chatting with him on social media so hopefully this happens.  

I sure hope we sign two more vets….. (good ones) 

Gotta hope!

Im not that familiar with Haden.

Tre ain’t going to be back for awhile and I think we want to carry four outside corners to begin the season. So Dane is one, three to go (I think). We’ll draft one by the second round for sure…. Hopefully sign a vet. Right now, we’re hoping prices come down somewhat… Draft another corner around round five I think….

Something like, WR, CB, OL, RB, CB, P, OL, WR…. Depending on what we do in FA moving forward…. But we seriously need outside corners and outside corners are the rare ones….It’s definitely going to be shaky in the secondary early in the year. Signing Haden or not….imho….

8 minutes ago, Nelius said:

How is Joe Haden not 47 years old? I swear he was a free agent in 2003.

Clearly I'm in the dark on his post-Cleveland career so I can't say I'm totally opposed to it, but man he feels old.

OMG, now I remember who he is! Damn, old age…. That Joe Haden!

Haden was a shut down corner for many years in the league.  He’s on the last lef of his career but still has another good year or two left.  My hope is we sign him for a year and draft one early.  Our roster is loaded with talent but we need to solidify the CB spots until Tre gets back 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, JaBu said:

So the Steelers signed Levi Wallace instead of re-signing Joe Haden? It makes one wonder if the Steelers thought Levi was an upgrade, or if Haden did not want to re-sign there.

Probably something we’ll never know but he played well last year.  I’m our zone scheme he can definitely be our 2 and hold the fort down while Tre gets healthy 

1 hour ago, JaBu said:

So the Steelers signed Levi Wallace instead of re-signing Joe Haden? It makes one wonder if the Steelers thought Levi was an upgrade, or if Haden did not want to re-sign there.

Relationship seemed to have soured.  Haden wanted an extension before last season and didn't get one.  There were trade rumors with him before the deadline that never materialized.  Wallace is a younger and cheaper option.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Xavier Rhodes and Patrick Peterson would also be good candidates for the short term at a reasonable price. 

Saw an interview on NFLN with PP and it sounds like he's still chasing $$$. He said he didn't want teams to "disrespect me with your offer." He also listed about 5-7 teams and none of those were the Bills. Idk about Rhodes. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JaBu said:

Interesting thoughts on the 2 CBs.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Haden definitely makes scheme sense. Played lots of cover 3, better in zone, strong tackler in run support. If we wants a cheap ring chasing deal it might work. 

I like it!

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Haden is old and terrible.

Don't see this as a guy the Bills will want to throw minimum 5 million at.

Yep, name recognition is all he has at this point. He was good earlier in his career, but even at his peak he never became what people thought he would be. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Disagree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.