Chandler Jones signing with Raiders - 3 years, $52.5 mill

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

So much for “players want to come to Buffalo and play with Josh Allen”

it’s not over, but we haven’t signed a difference maker or addressed CB depth or edge 

Do me a favor and take a look back at the history of "difference makers" signed in free agency who signed huge deals and lived up to them.   Smart teams know better than to do this.   These guys, again, are available for a reason.  

The Bills have signed three free agents outside of their franchise, signed 4 of their own free agents and reworked multiple deals.   What you, and others on this board really mean is "The Bills havent signed anyone that excites me yet so I am upset and am going to post sarcastic things about the team."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, All I Need is Hope said:

So much for “players want to come to Buffalo and play with Josh Allen”

it’s not over, but we haven’t signed a difference maker or addressed CB depth or edge 

JC Jackson is the most overrated CB in the NFL.  New England who knows a thing or two about them didn't keep him.  

Chandler Jones and his 5 sacks in 16 games after week 1 didn't seem to impact that AZ defense 

The rest of the HIGH PRICED signings are stupid.  There are hungrier cheaper options and more moves to come well into the summer.  

This Bills team did not get to this point going after high priced free agents especially ones in their 30s.  It's not what we do despite for some reason being linked to a lot of them.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

1st our new RB left us. Now our new Edge Rushers doesn't show up. This sucks being cap poor.

Can't wait till we're a 7- 10 team again. Sure do miss the good old days [/sarcasm]

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

There is no such thing.

The Saints were 75 million over the cap and didn't release a single body and shaved off 70 Million in cap space. 

They did the equivalent of paying off a credit card balance with another credit card. They are already over the cap next year with only half a roster under contract. Trust me...we don't want to be the Saints.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

JC Jackson is the most overrated CB in the NFL.  New England who knows a thing or two about them didn't keep him.  

Chandler Jones and his 5 sacks in 16 games after week 1 didn't seem to impact that AZ defense 

The rest of the HIGH PRICED signings are stupid.  There are hungrier cheaper options and more moves to come well into the summer.  

This Bills team did not get to this point going after high priced free agents especially ones in their 30s.  It's not what we do despite for some reason being linked to a lot of them.  

THANK YOU GOD!! Post of the year right here.  It's good to know common sense still exists in the world!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

They did the equivalent of paying off a credit card balance with another credit card. They are already over the cap next year with only half a roster under contract. Trust me...we don't want to be the Saints.

And no QB. Like, literally. The fact that they were that far above the cap with no QB is brutal cap management.

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

If the cowboys or broncos or 49ers or rams or NO or Tampa had JA they would have won a SB by now. Whoever said how can NO be in on Watson is correct. You CAN continually push monies into the future.

You think NO has a stacked roster with depth at every position? Or all/any of those teams?

Even Tampa and the Rams have holes on their roster. Some even at starting spots (Rams LBs).

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

All those who keep referencing the 5 sacks Jones had the majority of the season, was it due to ineffectiveness? Was he getting double teamed after that 5 sack output? Was he getting close but not finishing the job? There’s always context for the 5 sacks. I think Hughes had like 2 all year despite being tabbed our best pass rushing DE. 

Yeah, but do you think Chandler is worth 17 mill?

Me? I don’t know? I was waiting to see Chandler make some plays towards the end of the season in Az. and saw nothing…

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Is that why the are trying to trade for an expensive QB too?

You can guarnatee they will move around money next year as well. 

Also being over the cap for next year only indicates a 10 mil increase next year. Next years cap will be at least a 25 mil increase. 

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Do me a favor and take a look back at the history of "difference makers" signed in free agency who signed huge deals and lived up to them.   Smart teams know better than to do this.   These guys, again, are available for a reason.  

The Bills have signed three free agents outside of their franchise, signed 4 of their own free agents and reworked multiple deals.   What you, and others on this board really mean is "The Bills havent signed anyone that excites me yet so I am upset and am going to post sarcastic things about the team."

Lotsa teams got their one guy and won Super Bowls. The rams did it just last year. It is very common.

Just now, billybrew1 said:

Yeah, but do you think Chandler is worth 17 mill?

Me? I don’t know? I was waiting to see Chandler make some plays towards the end of the season in Az. and saw nothing…

To be honest I haven’t assessed his play so I couldn’t tell you if he’s worth that much. Projections had him at about $15M/yr, but he is an older player. If he’s still a force off the edge then age doesn’t matter so much.

Much rather try and swing a trade for Hunter.  Better player and a lot younger.  Sure, he's going to get PAID, but if we can get him here on his current deal, we can work on an extension and fit the money in where we'll have it down the road a bit.

That said, I'm not sure Beane and the rest of the front office want to have another huge contract on the books, especially when they like their rotation as much as they do. 

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Who was that one guy you are referring to?

I think that one guy was already on their roster as a draft pick: Aaron Donald

Edit: I'll add Cooper Kupp. Also a draft pick

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Beyond the Regier comparison you called Beane a "very conservative GM."  In my opinion he has been exactly the opposite of that.      If you said he has been "very conservative this offseason" I'd agree,  the Bills just dont have the money to make a big splash in free agency.   But if you look at his entire history as Bills GM, to call him "very conservative" is not just unfair its blatantly wrong.   A "very conservative" GM doesnt trade his way into the number 7 pick in the draft a year after making the playoffs and draft maybe the most wild card QB prospect in history.  Neither does he send 1st round picks to Minnesota for Diggs.  He's made big moves, he didnt get the nickname Big Baller Beane by being conservative.

Building is one thing, winning a championship is another. Regier had the big trades as well early on. They both focus more on financial sustainability over championships. 

Most Bills fans would take a championship in 2022 over 10 years of playoffs without a championship. I'm pretty sure they'd even agree to a championship in 2022 even if it meant 10 losing seasons after.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.