Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

All these teams are really tugging on him. It’s gonna be an exciting climax to this story once he finally releases who he will be coming with. 

Just hoping for a happy ending.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

I disagree.  Yes he can play but there has to be a drop off in his abilities after this.  A year of no hits, a full year of being called a creep (rightfully so in my book) a full year of watching his fortune dwindle to lawyers and settlement options.  He’s not that bright to begin with and doubt he has the mental fortitude to get past all of it.  

I would bet he’s 75% of his former self at best.  

and there is a high probability he does something equally creepy within a fairly short period of time. 

I dunno.  A year of not getting hit, would seem likely to be helpful to mental and physical health.

Though the legal stuff must take a toll

Why would you think "he's not that bright"?  He's a highly successful NFL QB able to diagnose and pick apart an NFL defense, that doesn't happen without a high degree of intelligence.

Highly intelligent people sometimes do dumb pervy things, many examples of that.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno.  A year of not getting hit, would seem likely to be helpful to mental and physical health.

Though the legal stuff must take a toll

Why would you think "he's not that bright"?  He's a highly successful NFL QB able to diagnose and pick apart an NFL defense, that doesn't happen without a high degree of intelligence.

Highly intelligent people sometimes do dumb pervy things, many examples of that.

Agreed. His popularity and power within a powerful business went to his head. He definitely did some stupid things, but he's not mentally dumb. More of a perverted ####### than anything. Don't get me wrong, if my wife or daughter were one of the masseuses, I'd definitely kick his ass and feel no remorse.

9 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

I disagree.  Yes he can play but there has to be a drop off in his abilities after this.  A year of no hits, a full year of being called a creep (rightfully so in my book) a full year of watching his fortune dwindle to lawyers and settlement options.  He’s not that bright to begin with and doubt he has the mental fortitude to get past all of it.  

I would bet he’s 75% of his former self at best.  

and there is a high probability he does something equally creepy within a fairly short period of time. 

👀 That’s a lot.

I’ll just say,  he might be rusty for a short time, but it won’t last.  He’s too young and too skilled.  

Not  bright to begin with?  Based on what?   Not academics, not professional accomplishment, not philanthropic impact. What he’s accused of?  Otherwise Intelligent people do bad things everyday.  Nobody is immune from that in varying degrees.  

Mental fortitude.  Most don’t play pro ball without it.  A great player definitely has it.  What he’s accused of is no good.  It is creepy.  Doesn’t mean he won’t continue to be successful.   It is what is.   

Just now, purple haze said:

👀 That’s a lot.

I’ll just say,  he might be rusty for a short time, but it won’t last.  He’s too young and too skilled.  

Not  bright to begin with?  Based on what?   Not academics, not professional accomplishment, not philanthropic impact. What he’s accused of?  Otherwise Intelligent people do bad things everyday.  Nobody is immune from that in varying degrees.  

Mental fortitude.  Most don’t play pro ball without it.  A great player definitely has it.  What he’s accused of is no good.  It is creepy.  Doesn’t mean he won’t continue to be successful.   It is what is.   

guys miss full years due to injury all the time and come back fine. I’d say shredding a knee would be a tougher recovery than this.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

guys miss full years due to injury all the time and come back fine. I’d say shredding a knee would be a tougher recovery than this.

Yep.  Sounds like we’re getting more wishful thinking about Watson’s demise than actual reasons that make sense.  I get it, but the civil suits won’t stop him from coming back strong.

5 hours ago, transient said:

6 hours ago, transient said:

Ouch, kind of a back handed way of them admitting then that they don’t see Mayfield  as “ top tier “ Qb as they see Watson as better. I’m sure Baker doesn’t agree and I don’t know how the Browns repair this relationship, albeit for prob at most for just one more year. What a mess now when things had been so much better after Hugh Jackson was fired.  Bad ownership can kill even promising situations , and the Browns owner is as bad as Snyder.   Also interesting to see how Rodgers handles Adams being traded to the raiders , tho 200 mil $ will prob ease his pain even tho it’s all about the team with Aaron!😂