Ryan Bates will be tendered by Bills

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's the "right of first refusal" tender, correct?  If we lose him, we don't get compensation?

The higher one was something like 3.85M and we would get 2nd round if somebody paid more? Seems that they gamble that nobody offers more.

Edited by No_Matter_What

I like it. For whatever reason, I don't think the team too highly, as he was like our 5th choice for Guard, ergo not the highly tender.  What little I know about line play, I've always been impressed by him.  Maybe Beach Chair can make something out of him.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How aggressive can we really be in FA?

I would expect an early draft pick tho, if that's what you mean.

We can be aggressive. There are options for us. We are not gonna be able to take on big cap hits in 2022 but we can kick some money. We are fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

2.5 million seems high for a guy that played like 5 games in a 3 year career.

Is the market really that ridiculous?  

He should have started all last year, but since he can play EVERY position on the OL, the coaches thought he was more valuable as a backup (taking 1 roster sport to cover 3 guys) instead of risking him to injury as a starter. "Genius"

I'm guessing he'll start a lot more this year.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We can be aggressive. There are options for us. We are not gonna be able to take on big cap hits in 2022 but we can kick some money. We are fine. 

True. I'm firmly in the "the salary cap is a myth" camp, and know Beane can get creative. I'm just not sure the squeeze is worth the juice for who is out there.

29 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

The higher one was something like 3.85M and we would get 2nd round if somebody paid more? Seems that they gamble that nobody offers more.

From what I've read many think the Bills plan to give him a 2 to 3 year contract, this just buys some time.  So if he did get an offer, bills could match and then still extend.  I'd assume you could match OR exceed??

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.