Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

SB bound teams don't blame a blocked punt in week 1 (where a crappy Steelers Offense scored 10 other points in the 4th Q and the Bills couldn't covert a 4th and 1 on the Steelers 41) on their inability to lock up home field advantage. 

Nor is a blocked punt, outside a mishandled snap, the punter’s fault…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe not but I would settle for a punter who can do the basics. Haack just plain sucks. 

He does the basics.  Filed position was not a real problem for this defense.  His negative impact was imperceptible.

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

If he’s strictly a punter, and we do the math, if he were to punt twice a game on average for 17 games, with the time it takes him to get it off this is barely minimum wage. 

I heard that they are still waiting for him to sign the new contract, they handed him a pen yesterday, he almost has it set up for writing.

Hold on, does this pen click or twist, oh wait, it might just have a cap.

Looks like the Bills might have his replacement here before he's actually ready.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How hard is it to be a good holder?  You catch the ball and make sure the laces are out.  

Apparently hard enough to the point that it impacts a kickers accuracy. Bojo holding for Mason Crosby must have had some sort of negative impact on Crosby in Green Bay as Crosby went from having a 100% kick accuracy in 2020 (and 91% in 2019) to 73.5% in 2021. I can't say the holding was cause for all of that regression but it had to have had a negative impact of some sort. Meanwhile Bass took a major leap up with Haack holding. 

How many here will be wearing paper bags over your heads ala Donahoe anti-fans if Hauck remains on roster?

I expect some will be bashing both no matter how well Hauck performs this year.

I am glad Coach McD has confidence in ST Assistant to take over SC Duties but I think they need an additional ST coach who has experience with kicking.   Based on some posts here STs should be minimum investment so maybe some worker at Dollar Tree who kicked in college would be willing to do that job as an unpaid intern.

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Apparently hard enough to the point that it impacts a kickers accuracy. Bojo holding for Mason Crosby must have had some sort of negative impact on Crosby in Green Bay as Crosby went from having a 100% kick accuracy in 2020 (and 91% in 2019) to 73.5% in 2021. I can't say the holding was cause for all of that regression but it had to have had a negative impact of some sort. Meanwhile Bass took a major leap up with Haack holding. 

Yes.  I get it.  Bojo should not be a holder because he sucks at it.  My wife sucks at making grilled cheese sandwiches but most people are perfectly capable of making them.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes.  I get it.  Bojo should not be a holder because he sucks at it.  My wife sucks at making grilled cheese sandwiches but most people are perfectly capable of making them.

How in the...

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some have not figured cheese goes inside.  Grilling a piece of bread with cheese on top and bottom does not work so well even though you would think it is good for you get twice as much cheese.

My wife (who is an amazing cook) used to make grill cheese sandwiches by pressing the living ***** out of them, and they'd come out flat.  But even still they were good.  The only way to ruin a GCS is if it burns.

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

Do we not remember the two 20 yard shanks against the Jets?  That was the only thing that kept them in the game.

His best games were average, his average games were bad.

Don't forget about that 7 yard kick in the same game where he dropped the snap. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

All fair points, but I think Sanders from Miami suffered regression in 2021 when he had a different holder. Catching a long snap and getting it down quickly is not easy.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe not but I would settle for a punter who can do the basics. Haack just plain sucks. 

He sucks at everything punting…..but he’s a good holder. Maybe they plan on going for it every 4th down and Haack is now strictly just a holder. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

All fair points, but I think Sanders from Miami suffered regression in 2021 when he had a different holder. Catching a long snap and getting it down quickly is not easy.

I get where you're coming from and I know a kicker needs a holder he is comfortable with.  Find a new punter who can hold and is an upgrade at punter.  Get a million reps in before the regular season and Bass should be fine.  I've never heard of sacrificing punting because a guy holds the ball well.  It's bizarre. 

10 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

This dude literally destroyed our season with that punt block against Pittsburgh and it didn't get much better from there. Piss poor. 

He literally did not destroy the season.  Repeating a bad take doesn't make it sound better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.