Deion Sanders is lack toes tolerant

stuvian

1 hour ago, bahamasbills said:

This is some pitiful attempt at humor.  At least be funny if you gonna make fun of someone.

I'm sure Deion can afford prosthetics.  Maybe then he can change is name to Roberto.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, elijah said:

When did everyone get so sensitive .. 

A bunch of anonymous dudes on a message board making a joke out of a millionaire celebrity losing a couple toes. I’m sure Deion Sanders does not care at all what anyone on this board says, much less even knows this board exists. Better yet, he seems like the type of guy that would probably laugh at this if not make the joke himself

Relax a little, laugh at it. It was a funny pun, a funny joke. Not everything has to be so social justice esque all the time 🤦‍♂️ 

Yeah, I am sure he would laugh..

“They were talking about the amputation of toes,” said Sanders. “Then they were talking about the amputation of my leg from the knee down. Then, they were trying to ensure I had life.”

• Like (+1) 1

This was (yet another) great 30 For 30 that really highlights how much Deion got screwed over in the court of public perception. Largely by the selfish Atlanta Braves organization.

What should have been one of the most covered, celebrated moments in sports was twisted into a reason to bag on the guy. A real shame.

Absolute phenomenal athlete (still #2 to Bo Jackson tho).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This was (yet another) great 30 For 30 that really highlights how much Deion got screwed over in the court of public perception. Largely by the selfish Atlanta Braves organization.

What should have been one of the most covered, celebrated moments in sports was twisted into a reason to bag on the guy. A real shame.

Absolute phenomenal athlete (still #2 to Bo Jackson tho).

Seriously.  Anyone who can be a top performer at a professional level in both baseball and football is an incredible and truly gifted athlete.  I actually put Deion ahead of Bo.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mango said:

Doesn’t care about a guy on the internet? Something tells me that given the opportunity, Neon would love nothing more than to beat you so bad in a foot race missing his big toe, that your great great grand kids are still crying. 

I’m not sure I would care or cry one bit if Deion Sanders, one of the greatest athletes of all time, beat me in a foot race 

I would laugh my ass off and enjoy the company of Deion, The dude could probably beat me missing a whole foot let alone a couple of toes 

On 3/8/2022 at 11:07 PM, Augie said:

Long story, but I almost had my left big toe amputated from the knuckle up in high school before freshman year. That is your main balance/push off toe. The Braves surgeon managed to save it, but it took a couple years. I was active in sports in high school and college, then became a VERY avid tennis player as an adult. 

I’m not “outraged” and it’s a clever title, but I can’t make fun of it as it hits close to home. I still have issues with that toe. That is some serious chit. Think about it, your big toe does all the work! 

On a side note, my wife’s Lebanese family is lactose intolerant, and there is nothing funny about that either. Especially in a car on the ride home! 

I have been a victim of being in a car ride with an lactose intolerant person.  Spent most of the ride with my face buried in my shirt.  EGADS!!!   Never stop for ice cream again.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I have been a victim of being in a car ride with an lactose intolerant person.  Spent most of the ride with my face buried in my shirt.  EGADS!!!   Never stop for ice cream again.

My wife’s seriously bossy sister has been known to stop her as she orders at a restaurant with “NO! YOU CAN’T HAVE THAT!” I’m torn. I hate her bossiness, but I also fear the consequences to some extent. What to do? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife’s seriously bossy sister has been known to stop her as she orders at a restaurant with “NO! YOU CAN’T HAVE THAT!” I’m torn. I hate her bossiness, but I also fear the consequences to some extent. What to do? 🤷‍♂️

Side with your wife and suffer.  True love!  HAHAHA

15 hours ago, Nitro said:

The fact you were able to appropriately make use of the awesome word “egads” with emphasis in this post is a credit to you, sir!! Well done 👍🏻 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, NoName said:

The guy has to get toes amputated and somehow people use that as an opportunity to make fun of the guy.  I'm hoping this thread gets closed.

It is possible to sympathize and still have fun with stuff like this. It’s not like it had to be one or the other. Too many these days want to limit communication to a narrow set of guidelines and define what is “right” in regards to topics. 

Live and let live. No one’s hurting Deon here making a little joke about his loss of toes. Consider how many times people make fun of themselves over things that don’t go well in life. Being able to laugh at life, is a good thing. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/9/2022 at 12:29 PM, BillsFan2313 said:

Yeah, I am sure he would laugh..

“They were talking about the amputation of toes,” said Sanders. “Then they were talking about the amputation of my leg from the knee down. Then, they were trying to ensure I had life.”

However, he survived, didn’t lose his leg or his life and just loss two toes. Its not great, but also not worth getting upset over others seeing humor in something such as this. 

Have you never laughed at yourself for something that went wrong? Negativity or positivity, which would you prefer, which would others prefer? Being able to find humor in things generally equates to someone who is more positive in life. 

On 3/10/2022 at 12:08 AM, Augie said:

Bossy?  Lactose?  I am surprised you didn't tell her to mooooo-ve on. 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.