Steelers having attendance issues...

Big Turk

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Very surprised with this...last season they averaged 8,000 fans below capacity and had plenty of empty seats according to this article...

Explains why they are trying to get Rodgers, to help fill empty seats.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/empty-seats-heinz-field-pursuit-140523542.html

CFB is down something crazy like 9% average over the last 5 or 6 years. I think some people just prefer to watch on TV with rising costs of attendance and having to deal with some of the "Personalities" you find at a game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

What might explain it is all the player drama over the last several years (that crap gets old quickly) and a QB who should have retired five or six years ago. When they bring in Malik as their new rookie QB, they will likely promote him as the next Josh Allen, that will likely spur attendance, jmo. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

What might explain it is all the player drama over the last several years (that crap gets old quickly) and a QB who should have retired five or six years ago. When they bring in Malik as their new rookie QB, they will likely promote him as the next Josh Allen, that will likely spur attendance, jmo. 

Good luck with that one. There will never be the "next Josh Allen".

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Good luck with that one. There will never be the "next Josh Allen".

Oh, I’m not saying I believe that he is, I’m just sayin how he will likely be promoted. 

14 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

CFB is down something crazy like 9% average over the last 5 or 6 years. I think some people just prefer to watch on TV with rising costs of attendance and having to deal with some of the "Personalities" you find at a game.

I LOVE going to games. The Ralph is my

church, but….

At this point the product is better on TV. I see much more football. I have been getting really annoyed networks are showing less and less replays of penalties. But our AV team at home games sucks at that too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I LOVE going to games. The Ralph is my

church, but….

At this point the product is better on TV. I see much more football. I have been getting really annoyed networks are showing less and less replays of penalties. But our AV team at home games sucks at that too.

I’ve gone to more games as the broadcasts have changed…. You never see the whole play on tv anymore, even on kickoffs. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Very surprised with this...last season they averaged 8,000 fans below capacity and had plenty of empty seats according to this article...

Explains why they are trying to get Rodgers, to help fill empty seats.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/empty-seats-heinz-field-pursuit-140523542.html

watching the animated corpse of Big Ben hamstring their offense isn't the draw you'd think it would be..

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

steeler nation is as fair weather as you get.

do you remember where they went when they had tommy maddox and kordell stewart? neither do i

i hope they descend into the abyss for a long time to come.

This is 100% true.  I grew up closer to Pittsburgh than Cleveland, and 95% of the people I grew up with were "diehard" Steelers fans.......until they had a down year.  Suddenly, its was like a ghost town when it came to football.  No gear, no flags, no trash talk, nothing.  They're all huge fans until it's tough.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This is 100% true.  I grew up closer to Pittsburgh than Cleveland, and 95% of the people I grew up with were "diehard" Steelers fans.......until they had a down year.  Suddenly, its was like a ghost town when it came to football.  No gear, no flags, no trash talk, nothing.  They're all huge fans until it's tough.

To be fair, when you have a consistently winning team, standards are higher and so is disappointment. Fans get fat and happy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

36 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Just like how Josh Allen didn't want to be the next JIm Kelly, but wanted to be Josh Allen.

I'm talking about the perfect storm that allowed Josh Allen to go from raw prospect to never before seen in the NFL player. 

That's near impossible to duplicate.

I know what I’m about to say is pretty random and probably barely relevant but in 2013 when the Bills played in Pittsburgh, it was maybe the quietest crowd I can ever remember hearing. It was when EJ was the QB and him being the biggest bust in Bills recent draft history made the game borderline unwatchable but the crowd was atrocious. It was like they were asleep. I never forgot that. This teams fan base is widely regarded as one of the best in the NFL because of how well they travel. I feel like they are completely overrated tbh. 

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know what I’m about to say is pretty random and probably barely relevant but in 2013 when the Bills played in Pittsburgh, it was maybe the quietest crowd I can ever remember hearing. It was when EJ was the QB and him being the biggest bust in Bills recent draft history made the game borderline unwatchable but the crowd was atrocious. It was like they were asleep. I never forgot that. This teams fan base is widely regarded as one of the best in the NFL because of how well they travel. I feel like they are completely overrated tbh. 

EJ had that somnolent effect on opposing fans in away games.  Bills fans (home and away) were just grabbing for the digitalis. 😁

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

When it comes to the Steelers and their fans, they will treat the Bills like a NFC game especially when it is not a AFC North showdown against Baltimore or a beat up of the Bengals or Browns

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.