Britney Griner

Doc

BREAKING: Griner pleads guilty to drug charges in Moscow court

0e012638-b64a-40ea-b151-6dbbd70f9195-860

Is this a surrender or step one of a deal? Brittany Griner has conceded her guilt in bringing contraband into Russia after five months of incarceration, which may either simplify or complicate efforts to get the WNBA star back to the US:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/07/07/breaking-griner-pleads-guilty-to-drug-charges-in-moscow-court-n481210

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2022/07/14/wnba-s-griner-heads-back-to-russian-court-after-guilty-plea

They can keep her... this would be like trading Josh Allen for Mac Jones.

"Russian media have speculated that Griner could be swapped for Russian arms trader Viktor Bout, nicknamed “the Merchant of Death,” who is serving a 25-year sentence in the U.S. after being convicted of conspiracy to kill U.S. citizens and providing aid to a terrorist organization."

• Like (+1) 1

Marc Fogel was convicted of smuggling drugs into Russia and sentenced to 14 years in prison in a high-security penal colony last month.

His family and lawyers have said he was carrying cannabis for medical reasons to treat chronic back pain.

“He made a terrible mistake by taking medical marijuana into Russia,” Anne Fogel said. “But 14 years in a hard labor camp is essentially a death sentence for him. He’s 61 years old and he has a very long history of spinal injury.”

The last moment of freedom for Fogel was caught on surveillance video at a Russian airport. He was heading back to Moscow last August for his 10th year of teaching the children of U.S. diplomats.

https://www.nbc15.com/2022/07/26/us-teacher-sentenced-14-years-traveling-russia-with-cannabis/#:~:text=Marc Fogel was convicted of,to treat chronic back pain.

Edited by ALF

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Marc Fogel was convicted of smuggling drugs into Russia and sentenced to 14 years in prison in a high-security penal colony last month.

His family and lawyers have said he was carrying cannabis for medical reasons to treat chronic back pain.

“He made a terrible mistake by taking medical marijuana into Russia,” Anne Fogel said. “But 14 years in a hard labor camp is essentially a death sentence for him. He’s 61 years old and he has a very long history of spinal injury.”

The last moment of freedom for Fogel was caught on surveillance video at a Russian airport. He was heading back to Moscow last August for his 10th year of teaching the children of U.S. diplomats.

https://www.nbc15.com/2022/07/26/us-teacher-sentenced-14-years-traveling-russia-with-cannabis/#:~:text=Marc Fogel was convicted of,to treat chronic back pain.

Sorry Marc,   you aren't "important" enough.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They can keep them both. Taking weed/oils/whatever into Russia is a mistake alright. Lets keep the killer here behind bars.

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Miller misses the point. They’re not trading an arms dealer for Griner. They’re trading an arms dealer for a spy. They just want Griner thrown in so nobody asks why this bad conduct discharge is worth such an asset. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeviF said:

Miller misses the point. They’re not trading an arms dealer for Griner. They’re trading an arms dealer for a spy. They just want Griner thrown in so nobody asks why this bad conduct discharge is worth such an asset. 

Paul Whelan is a questionable character , so far jmo Marc Fogel and Griner should be freed before Whelan. I would not free the Russian arms dealer even for all 3 ,  Putin is being Putin KGB

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Hahahahahahaha- you of literally anyone on this board making this comment is the definition of lack of self awareness 

Yea I’m not poking fun at anyone’s race or sexuality like the MAGA cult seems way too comfortable doing.

22 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yea I’m not poking fun at anyone’s race or sexuality like the MAGA cult seems way too comfortable doing.

no, you just call people idiots. very offensive to cognitively challenged folks that struggle with their disability every day.  

being someone suffering from terminal cult issues yourself. you should probably lay off that label as well.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

no, you just call people idiots. very offensive to cognitively challenged folks that struggle with their disability every day.  

being someone suffering from terminal cult issues yourself. you should probably lay off that label as well.

1) This didn’t bother you 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886cszs5q4jxoofggx91m

2) Hypocrite

image.thumb.jpeg.3435df8152f1fe2477fd9f867865180e.jpeg

3) Cry harder 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867fejjl1ue1xxvcui7u

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

1) This didn’t bother you 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886cszs5q4jxoofggx91m

2) Hypocrite

image.thumb.jpeg.3435df8152f1fe2477fd9f867865180e.jpeg

3) Cry harder 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867fejjl1ue1xxvcui7u

lol investagtive reporter billstime has gathered the evidence. you got me!!

i call people idiots all the time. s#it talking is great! i work with men in maintenance so we tend to dig alot deeper then "idiot". my mother would be very upset by their words lol. im not on a soapbox saying noone can "poke fun".

worlds a better place with inclusion and having a sense of humor. I'm just saying your a hypocrite. 

I was listening to ESPN radio on the way home from work one day and they were talking about how they need to pay WNBA players more so they don't have to supplement their income from other places like Russia.  I LOL'd. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Demented Biden boot licking Putin’s feet.  Great move.  Trade a Russian who has led to thousands of deaths including Americans for some loser who bounces a ball just to appease the super fringe LGBTQ+ lunatics.  Great trade.  Dopey Biden.  Shame on you.  What a mess.  

48 minutes ago, ALF said:

Vladimir Putin targets US in new Russian navy doctrine, warns of using hypersonic weapons

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a new naval doctrine that targets the U.S. as Russia's top global adversary.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/vladimir-putin-targets-us-new-russian-navy-doctrine-warns-using-hypersonic-weapons

Putin has such a hardon for us. We are so living in Putin's head rent free. 

It's cute. 

Hypersonic one of our carriers vlad, Moscow will be a crater 1000 feet deep. 

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Just to be clear, treasonous Jan 6 rioters shouldn't be imprisoned for their crimes, but the black gay chick should go to the gulag because she had a vape pen.

But you're not a racist, homophobic POS. Got it.

You feel better?

First of all, what does her sexuality have to do with anything?  It doesn't.  :rolleyes: 

Second of all, no one ever said the bolded part.  We've said that anyone who committed a crime should get what's coming to them.  People who were allowed into the Capitol and just walked around?  Nope.

And lastly, she broke the laws of another country (I was waiting to find out if these were trumped-up charges but they're legit).  I would expect a foreign celebrity/athlete who did the same thing in the US to suffer the same consequences.  Unless you believe she deserves special treatment for being black, gay and a celebrity?  The US should do what they can to get her back but exchanging her for a terrorist?  Nope.

Could we all take a moment to appreciate the unicorn rare level of stupidity it takes, for an American to travel to Russia, in today's geo political climate, with weed in their  bag?  

That is just some next level stupid shizz right there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Just to be clear, treasonous Jan 6 rioters shouldn't be imprisoned for their crimes, but the black gay chick should go to the gulag because she had a vape pen.

But you're not a racist, homophobic POS. Got it.

Just to be clear, just because someone starts a sentence with “Just to be clear…” does not necessarily mean they are actually in search of clarity and shared understanding. 

I support the appropriate prison times for Jan 6 law breakers, but the thing about Russia is the rules and culture are different than they are here in the backwards US of A.  

I hope the lady is set free much sooner than later, but it’s fair to ask “What the f were you thinking going to Russia when for the last 5 years the country has been outed as a brutal and manipulative enemy looking to destroy our country??”. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

You feel better?

First of all, what does her sexuality have to do with anything?  It doesn't.  :rolleyes: 

Second of all, no one ever said the bolded part.  We've said that anyone who committed a crime should get what's coming to them.  People who were allowed into the Capitol and just walked around?  Nope.

And lastly, she broke the laws of another country (I was waiting to find out if these were trumped-up charges but they're legit).  I would expect a foreign celebrity/athlete who did the same thing in the US to suffer the same consequences.  Unless you believe she deserves special treatment for being black, gay and a celebrity?  The US should do what they can to get her back but exchanging her for a terrorist?  Nope.

Trump literally negotiated the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners and handed the keys of Afghanistan to terrorist.

Idiots

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Just to be clear, just because someone starts a sentence with “Just to be clear…” does not necessarily mean they are actually in search of clarity and shared understanding. 

I support the appropriate prison times for Jan 6 law breakers, but the thing about Russia is the rules and culture are different than they are here in the backwards US of A.  

I hope the lady is set free much sooner than later, but it’s fair to ask “What the f were you thinking going to Russia when for the last 5 years the country has been outed as a brutal and manipulative enemy looking to destroy our country??”. 

Glad you CLEARED that up....

6oik94.jpg

lolz

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Verdict expected today in WNBA star Brittney Griner's drug-smuggling trial in Russia

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/europe/brittney-griner-trial/index.html

When they do a pow exchange with Ukraine she and the other Americans should be included not a arms dealer that Putin wants freed.

Found guilty of smuggling and drug possession. 

21 minutes ago, T&C said:

Found guilty of smuggling and drug possession. 

I think about 90% of all criminal cases tried in Russia are found guilty. Also, almost nobody pleads not guilty. And I'm not kidding or trying to be funny, that is true.