Britney Griner

Doc

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Possibly but seeing I wasn't involved in the negotiations not sure if he could have made a better deal.  But the fact he negotiated a withdrawal of our troops from there I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.  

Are you glad or not we are no longer mired in Afghanistan?  

100%

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How so?

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He just pounded some random words on to his keyboard. 

Invading and occupying an Islamic Middle Eastern Country with a Feudal governing structure to eliminate a terrorist group from another country hiding in caves and simultaneously trying to bring democracy where other occupiers have always failed...Sounds like a loser to most

Joe pounding the table for more gun control... and you just released who on the world?

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2022/12/14/biden-sandy-hook-anniversary-memorial-connecticut-

“I am determined to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines like those used at Sandy Hook and countless other mass shootings in America,” Biden said. “Enough is enough.”

“Our obligation is clear,” the president added. “We must eliminate these weapons that have no purpose other than to kill people in large numbers. It is within our power to do this – for the sake of not only the lives of the innocents lost, but for the survivors who still hope.”

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Joe pounding the table for more gun control... and you just released who on the world?

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2022/12/14/biden-sandy-hook-anniversary-memorial-connecticut-

“I am determined to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines like those used at Sandy Hook and countless other mass shootings in America,” Biden said. “Enough is enough.”

“Our obligation is clear,” the president added. “We must eliminate these weapons that have no purpose other than to kill people in large numbers. It is within our power to do this – for the sake of not only the lives of the innocents lost, but for the survivors who still hope.”

“Our obligation is clear,” the president added. “We must eliminate these weapons that have no purpose other than to kill people in large numbers. However if we do eliminate these weapons and you still have a need just dial VIK-TOR-BOUT or visit merchantofdeath.com"

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, TH3 said:

Invading and occupying an Islamic Middle Eastern Country with a Feudal governing structure to eliminate a terrorist group from another country hiding in caves and simultaneously trying to bring democracy where other occupiers have always failed...Sounds like a loser to most

I would agree that's why we lost. But I don't think that was part of the initial plan going in.

Edited by reddogblitz

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Wall Street Journal defends reporter after he's arrested by Russia on suspicion of espionage

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wall-street-journal-defends-reporter-hes-arrested-russia-suspicion-espionage

One would think that a reporter looking for info would be doing the reporter thing. 

not a no namer either. kinda balsy by the russians.

"Gershkovich was previously a reporter for Agence France-Presse and the Moscow Times and a news assistant at the New York Times, his WSJ bio says"

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So I put on CNN just for its and giggles... they are slovering over grinder... so glad he's taking a "mental break". Yet they don't mention that we traded a cold blooded killer for a basketball player. This should really get more recognition... a ***** basketball player in a league that almost no one watches to boot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, I'm chill, bro. Do you think this American dad did anything wrong?

He didn't do anything wrong. He violated (unwittingly) the laws of another country he was visiting.

I've seen stories showing those warnings: "the importation of firearms and ammunition is strictly prohibited in Turks and Caicos." So let the buyer beware. I don't have a ton of sympathy for people stupidly breaking the laws of other countries, but yes, obviously the criminal penalties here are way out of line with the minimal gravity of the offense.

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

He violated the laws of another country.  He probably didn't mean to do it, but he did.  Hopefully Biden's Admin is working as hard to get him out as they did Griner.

Because Turks and Caicos is just like that Arctic Circle prison camp where Navalny died while taking an ill-advised stroll.

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because Turks and Caicos is just like that Arctic Circle prison camp where Navalny died while taking an ill-advised stroll.

You think they're putting prisoners in the tourist section of T&C?  Where they get mai-tais and conch fritters? :rolleyes: 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

You think they're putting prisoners in the tourist section of T&C?  Where they get mai-tais and conch fritters? :rolleyes: 

Well it's not the same as being held by Russia as a bargaining chip, which we all know was the case with Griner even though she did apparently violate Russian law.

And yes, the State Department is no doubt involved, and they will advocate for the detained American. That's one of the things they do, even for the idiot Americans who get arrested engaging in some high-spirited drunken revelry in someone else's country. Turks and Caicos will want to assert its right to control what comes into their country, but ultimately they have an interest in American tourism and this will likely be resolved quickly. Without the need for a T&C spy to be exchanged for him ...

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well it's not the same as being held by Russia as a bargaining chip, which we all know was the case with Griner even though she did apparently violate Russian law.

And yes, the State Department is no doubt involved, and they will advocate for the detained American. That's one of the things they do, even for the idiot Americans who get arrested engaging in some high-spirited drunken revelry in someone else's country. Turks and Caicos will want to assert its right to control what comes into their country, but ultimately they have an interest in American tourism and this will likely be resolved quickly. Without the need for a T&C spy to be exchanged for him ...

Which is it?  Did Russia hold her as just a bargaining chip or did she violate their law?  Do you know what kind of sentence the average person gets for bringing drugs into Russia?  It's a lot longer than what Griner served.

As for T&C, I doubt this is their first rodeo with an American who unwittingly broke their law.  So the tourism aspect doesn't factor into it.

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Oh, I'm chill, bro. Do you think this American dad did anything wrong?

Lighten up Frances, it's a joke. If you don't get it I can explain it to you.

And for the record, he shouldn't have brought ammo on a @#$%ing international flight.  12 years? No.  Caning? Maybe.  

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Does it matter whether it was solely as a bargaining chip? That's how they used her to extract something they wanted.

Russia could have held her for the entire time of her sentence.  The Biden Admin traded a Russian arms dealer for her because they were pressured into it.  Let's see what they trade for this guy.

Edited by Doc

6 hours ago, Doc said:

He probably didn't mean to do it, but he did. 

👆

Same guy

👇

On 3/6/2022 at 2:15 PM, Doc said:

So this girl rails against the US, goes to Russia despite warnings...and takes a marijuana vape pen with her.  Should I have any sympathy for her?