Jordan Davis is unreal

Buffalo_Stampede

14 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

So develop his pass rush moves. He probably won't make it to 25.

I think if you’re drafting Davis you’re doing so with the understanding that he’s not going to be getting after the QB very much. That’s not his game and isn’t something that usually develops for guys of his size.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

says he is dropping weight into the 330s and going to sack master mentoring as his pocket pressures are not all that impressive at UGA, so he may be a 2-down-run-plugger who comes out in passing situations which is less than ideal for a first-rounder... and yes Bills d-line rotation could mitigate this..but I could live with passing on him in favor of a WR or CB and getting a DT in round 2, maybe a better overall athlete  from UConn....https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/travisjones

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He was clocked at 20mph in the season........a 4.78 40 is the equivalent of running about 18.75 mph.........that's consistent with his in season clocking.

The big problem with Davis is that he plays very tall.........so he doesn't play with leverage.......skinny track legs on a huge upper body.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I think if you’re drafting Davis you’re doing so with the understanding that he’s not going to be getting after the QB very much. That’s not his game and isn’t something that usually develops for guys of his size.

All you need him to do is push the pocket. He’ll get a couple just because the QB is pressured from the outside. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I wish people would understand that this is not a bill’s type defensive tackle at least not someone that they would take high in a draft if you can’t rush the passer the bills are not interested

I would think that's exactly the type of player they'd be interested in. We seem to have plenty of them as it is.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.