Q. How much money are the Bengals Going to Offer Brandon Scherff?

st pete gogolak

A. A lot.

B.  Whatever it takes.

C. A ####load.

Honestly, has a team ever had an easier offseason than the Bengals?  $50 million under the cap.  Spend it on two quality OL and draft a couple more.  On the other hand, I'm not as afraid of the Bengals' cap space as some others on the board.  Do you really expect Mike Brown to spend to the cap?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Last year, Burrow was on pace to being sacked 50+times for the season when he got hurt. He was sacked 50+ times this season (in 16 games). The Bengals should be thankful he is very good under pressure and that he made it through this season. However, they need to fix that Oline. 

9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

They would be wise to invest in OL, when Spain is your best, you don’t have a line.  Burrow needs better protection before he gets killed.

Agree. I would have taken Penei Sewell and while you certainly can't question them picking the OROY the reality is their biggest need was, and is still, LT. Good luck finding a stud at the end of round 1. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Doesn't matter, Bengals with Burrow will never play in SB again.

Good question is how much money are BILLS going to offer Brandon Scherrf. I am hoping that it will be enough to get him here. Top ILO FA would be my highest offseason priority.

Negative cap space and they have bigger holes to fill on defensive side,  not happening

23 minutes ago, Beerball said:

They might want to invest in a DC. A LB responsible for Cupp?

How about we give them Frazier and Edmunds,  that would almost guarantee their defence getting worse

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Negative cap space and they have bigger holes to fill on defensive side,  not happening

Trust me I know our cap situation. I played with that a lot. We can sign Scherff if we make it a priority. And yes I would do that instead of passrusher and CB.

Re-sign Bates and Phillips, sign servicable CB, draft WR, OL and CB in first three rounds. That's my plan.

I don't think we can get/pay difference maker at DE in FA, so I'd focus on difference maker in OL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Won't be a popular take I'm sure with all the Joe Burrow lovers out there, but he's a ***** statue out there and they will need to spend a ***** ton of money on the OL to keep his gimpy ass upright.

I don’t agree with that at all.  He moves around pretty well.  He DOES hold the ball too long, they were really good at getting it out quick early in the game and then started looking for deeper shots, the minute they did, he got eaten alive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I don’t agree with that at all.  He moves around pretty well.  He DOES hold the ball too long, they were really good at getting it out quick early in the game and then started looking for deeper shots, the minute they did, he got eaten alive.

He moves more like Matt Stafford than Josh, Mahomes, Rodgers, Lamar etc. And yes you're right alot of his sacks are holding the ball way too long.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.