Q. How much money are the Bengals Going to Offer Brandon Scherff?

st pete gogolak

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess if you look at just 2020 free agent signings in a vacuum it was Beane's weakest free agency class.  Although I will push back in that Addison was pretty good this year, D. Williams was excellent in 2020 before being just serviceable this year when moved to guard, and Taiwan Jones is an important special teams player.  The rest were misses but their weren't any outrageous contracts and the dead money was minimal.  You didn't list him but they overpaid for AJ Klein. The most important move in 2020 was trading for Diggs.

Right but I was responding to someone questioning whether the Bengals’ pro personnel dept out-hustled the Bills’ the last two offseasons.  They clearly did.  The two teams pursued roughly the same strategy of signing mid-tier FAs at many of the same positions (d line and CB), and most of the Bills’ haul from 2020 is washing out of the league while the Bengals just played the coveted last game of the season.  Meanwhile the Bengals’ pro personnel dept doesn’t have Albert Breer writing monthly articles about how stacked they are with future GMs; it’s like two guys staying at Motel 6s with notepads.  Have been EXTREMELY underwhelmed by Beane’s free agent evaluations, they borderline suck.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.