Rumored Giants Players Available for Trade

SCBills

Kadarius Toney

Saquon Barkley

James Bradberry 

With Schoen over at NYG, any of these guys interest anyone here?

For me personally, I'd offer a 2nd Rounder for Toney.  Still on a rookie deal, 1st RD Pick last year.  Not the same player as Tyreek Hill in terms of speed, but similar playmaking ability out of the slot.  

• Agree 2

In general, you would think the Giants will be doing some substantial team rebuilding.

Look at the collection of players McBeane dumped on the market here in the early days.

And on top of it, their GM was one of our guys.

You would think we would have as solid a shot at wheeling and dealing with them as anyone in the league, assuming both parties have a player of interest.

I'd say to keep an eye on the Giants as the off-season unfolds!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Toney really on the trade block? He had a solid rookie year. Was hurt for a portion though 

I've seen quite a few Giants reporters mention Toney as a potential trade candidate.  Have to believe where there's smoke there's fire.    I'd certainly inquire.  From what it seems, the rationale is that he was hurt a lot last year, which is a worry for them - especially given how snakebit they are, and also might just not be a fit for what they're trying to build... more of a luxury player when they need building blocks. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

I wouldn't think they are shopping Toney - rookie contract, need weapons, has shown flashes.  Doesn't make sense for them.  Nothing to lose there.

Barkley/Bradberry - would think they are absolutely looking to rid big contracts or capture value where Barkley is concerned.

You never know. The Bills unloaded their best offensive player - Watkins - after three seasons. Schoen is a "culture" guy, and there may be stuff about Toney and his team "fit" that we don't know about. Daboll may also think that McKenzie is a better player than him at this point. My basic read on the latter is that Daboll likes him (given the playcalling) and McDermott has issues with him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

You never know. The Bills unloaded their best offensive player - Watkins - after three seasons. Schoen is a "culture" guy, and there may be stuff about Toney and his team "fit" that we don't know about. Daboll may also think that McKenzie is a better player than him at this point. My basic read on the latter is that Daboll likes him (given the playcalling) and McDermott has issues with him.

Watkins had years of injury concerns already, though. And he later admitted to having to mature and become a better team player after he left the Bills.

I guess we don't know if Toney has any character concerns, but it is pretty tough to label him injury prone after one season.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Watkins had years of injury concerns already, though. And he later admitted to having to mature and become a better team player after he left the Bills.

I guess we don't know if Toney has any character concerns, but it is pretty tough to label him injury prone after one season.

He missed a bunch of games in college due to injury: https://www.gainesville.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/04/29/breaking-down-what-florida-gators-receiver-kadarius-toney-provide-next-level/4886034001/

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Kadarius Toney

Saquon Barkley

James Bradberry 

With Schoen over at NYG, any of these guys interest anyone here?

For me personally, I'd offer a 2nd Rounder for Toney.  Still on a rookie deal, 1st RD Pick last year.  Not the same player as Tyreek Hill in terms of speed, but similar playmaking ability out of the slot.  

is this a rumor you are starting?!  😄

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.