Here’s what will become of Kansas City Chiefs’ AFC championship T-shirts and caps

HOUSE

image.png.2f80b6317a604754cb3f46062f2c889f.png

Area stores planned to stay open late Sunday to accommodate people ready to snap up T-shirts, caps and hoodies that proclaimed the Chiefs as the AFC Championship Game winners who headed to Super Bowl LVI. All that commemorative gear had arrived in Kansas City, but it never will be sold in Kansas, Missouri or anyone else in the United States following the Chiefs’ 27-24 overtime loss to the Bengals on Sunday. Instead, those items will be going to an organization called Good360. That group said it works with world corporations “to source essential goods and distribute them through our network of diverse nonprofits, supporting people in need.”

The NFL doesn’t want to see any fans wearing a hoodie saying the Kansas City Chiefs are playing in Super Bowl LVI.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article257909853.html

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah this happens with all the 'wrong' merchandise after a championship - there was a hell of a lot of Bills SB champs T-shirts and swag in 3rd world countries in the 90s

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Even when the team actually wins, It’s always a little surprising to me that anyone but the team would even want this stuff. Only season specific achievement shirt I’m buying would be for a super bowl win. Im not walking around with some division winner or AFC championship shirt or hat to serve as a reminder that we didn’t finish the job that season. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Cool.  I’ve always wondered how they dealt with the merchandise for the losers in championships.

The sad thing is if you go where they are giving out those shirts you might see a old Bills Super Bowl champion T shirt . 😢 But that's the only place ...

2 hours ago, 947 said:

My father in law used to work for General Mills, he has unpressed Wheaties boxes of the Bills Champions from all 4 Superbowl years.

That's cool!  That would make an interesting display, framed on a wall.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.