Ok time to get rid of Mongo

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I've lived in Buffalo, SF, DC, LA, spent plenty of time in NYC, and now live in San Diego, and the pizza in Buffalo, on the whole, is as good or better than any I've had elsewhere.  You can find a good slice in pretty much any major city - well, outside of DC which can't seem to get anything right - but it's much easier to find a good slice in Buffalo, imo.

Oh, and thanks to Hapless for ruining my appetite for the day with his Pizza Hut story.  I needed to drop a couple of pounds anyway.  

Having lived in/near Buffalo, St Louis, San Diego, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Savannah, San Francisco, Seattle, and Atlanta and visiting 46 of the 50 states, I wholeheartedly agree.   I've found good pizza in almost every city I've been to.   But the average pie in a lot of cities is pretty disappointing.  The average pizza in Buffalo is pretty good.  

I'm not a homer.  I don't think Buffalo has great food overall.  The best wings I've ever eaten were outside Buffalo.   But I honestly believe that Buffalo - on the whole - easily has the best pizza of any city I've lived.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

You guys think you know bad pizza?  Try Colorado where they slap this monstrosity in front of you, along with a squeeze bottle of honey to choke down that sahara desert they call a crust 

61cb6cccea187.image.jpg

That looks awesome, I need that pie.

Why would anyone ever go to a Pizza Hut in Buffalo when they can go to La Nova or Bocce or one of the other two dozen great pizzarias?  I can't imagine there are all that many transplants here who want chain pizza for a taste of "home".  Most transplants we have here are from NYC who would also presumably not like Pizza Hut.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

You guys think you know bad pizza?  Try Colorado where they slap this monstrosity in front of you, along with a squeeze bottle of honey to choke down that sahara desert they call a crust 

61cb6cccea187.image.jpg

That ..... looks like sauce and cheese served in a bread bowl.

We had a pizza in Colorado recently.  It wasn't nearly that awful, but it wasn't good.  It was like lower-tier ordinary pizza.  But it wasn't at a noted pizzaria or anything, just a local grill.

2 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Why would anyone ever go to a Pizza Hut in Buffalo when they can go to La Nova or Bocce or one of the other two dozen great pizzarias?  I can't imagine there are all that many transplants here who want chain pizza for a taste of "home".  Most transplants we have here are from NYC who would also presumably not like Pizza Hut.

I think that was SnapFlow69 's point, to which Mongo replied that Buffalo pizza is "vomit" (implying Pizza Hut pizza is better).

Mongo is dead to me now.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

It's been about 15 years since I lived I'm buffalo. My favorite pizza in western NY was always Pontillos. I don't recall ever having bad or amazing pizza living in Buffalo.

Rochester I know for a fact has amazing pizza.

So I'm gonna say he's bitter cause he's about to be sliced.

Actually now I remember getting slices on Elmwood when I was at buff state.

And it was good.

Ya he's crazy.

Now here in Raleigh, there's no good pizza imo

Yeah, Rochester has been named the best pizza city in the country.  There are probably 15 pizza restaurants within a 5 minute drive of my house.  The closest one happens to be Giuseppi's, the oldest pizza restaurant in the Rochester area.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Having lived in/near Buffalo, St Louis, San Diego, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Savannah, San Francisco, Seattle, and Atlanta and visiting 46 of the 50 states, I wholeheartedly agree.   I've found good pizza in almost every city I've been to.   But the average pie in a lot of cities is pretty disappointing.  The average pizza in Buffalo is pretty good.  

I'm not a homer.  I don't think Buffalo has great food overall.  The best wings I've ever eaten were outside Buffalo.   But I honestly believe that Buffalo - on the whole - easily has the best pizza of any city I've lived.  

Hondo, I have lived in Brooklyn for a quarter century but grew up loving pizza in Buffalo. I have to report that pizza in NYC is ... a LOT better than pizza in Buffalo. I don't even enjoy eating the latter anymore, although we always end up with Bocce's on Thanksgiving weekend. I certainly don't DISLIKE Bocce's or La Nova, but it's only a moderate cut above the pizza you can get in anywhere USA. I did live in LA for 8 years, and the average pizza remains terrible there. Buffalo is definitely a better pizza town than LA. The flipside is that the Mexican in LA is out of this world.

I do like Chicago pizza a lot, but my view on that is that it's really a different food group and shouldn't be compared with regular pizza.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Draconator said:

The best pizza I've ever had was in Brooklyn, at a little shop steps away from Coney Island. 

I've also had a love of Chicago Deep Dish. 

Buffalo pizza is good however. I keep finding myself going back to Picasso's on the regular. A small shop in Batavia, Cinquino's, has really, really good pizza as well. 

batavia Batavia BATAVIA we ex batavians are everywhere....bwaahaaahaaaa lol Go Blue Devils!~!~!!!!!

my last post re: mongo is what he posted was Unkind. Period. his opinion fine but it just not a good look to wnyers.... of course hair will raise up on our necks. U Dissing WNY soon to be ex homeboy?

lol-m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t make the rules. This is the last straw, he’s not good enough to overcome this. 

GIF by filmeditor

This ^^^ after he gets an erroneous text from Belichick 😎

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The different varieties of food you can get in Buffalo is the best I’ve had anywhere. From Italian to Indian, you will not be disappointed 

We moved to Indianapolis (from Buffalo) a long time ago.  Pizza in this town is not great...too many crap chain franchises.  One day, we happened to see this place on the west side of Indy.  We tried it and really like their pizza and wings.  They are former Buffalo area transplants who couldn't stand local Indy pizza either and decided to open their own restaurant.  Until now, I had never seen a place outside of Buffalo advertise that they feature WNY pizza!

image.png.69b86a65b0f6ca840f15aa87cc0f2bd6.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Buffalo pizza is amazing. It is a slate crust, the dough resembles more of a bread consistency. Also the ovens used will more likely be bread baking ovens, there is a difference. Just need to go to one of the good spots. 
I’ve had pizza everywhere in the US. Just recently went to New Haven and hit the big 3 pizzerias. I’ve been to John’s on Bleecker in NYC. Tried the different styles of Chicago pies throughout Chicago. I’ve had pizza in Naples, Italy (Neapolitan style isn’t for me). 
Every kind of pizza I’ve ever had is better than Pizza Hut. I’d eaten frozen pizza first. 

4 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

61cb6cccea187.image.jpg

That's what blue cheese is for.

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Anchor Bar has surprisingly good pizza.

Maybe the pizza is good,  but the wings suck. 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Food takes aside, I'm 99.9% certain that Feliciano will never play a down for this team again which is a great thing.

I so hope so. He is awful!! Don’t understand the love affair with him.

21 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Not every location was the same or good. But two of them in Rochester I did enjoy.

this. the one in Bushnells Basin used to be a go to.

that was 35 years ago though.
What exactly does he need from a Pizza ?

very upset with him now ...

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Hondo, I have lived in Brooklyn for a quarter century but grew up loving pizza in Buffalo. I have to report that pizza in NYC is ... a LOT better than pizza in Buffalo. I don't even enjoy eating the latter anymore, although we always end up with Bocce's on Thanksgiving weekend. I certainly don't DISLIKE Bocce's or La Nova, but it's only a moderate cut above the pizza you can get in anywhere USA. I did live in LA for 8 years, and the average pizza remains terrible there. Buffalo is definitely a better pizza town than LA. The flipside is that the Mexican in LA is out of this world.

I do like Chicago pizza a lot, but my view on that is that it's really a different food group and shouldn't be compared with regular pizza.

David, your knowledge of the two cities in question surpasses mine.   So I'll concede the point about NYC pizza.  

My wife has never been to NYC and she's been bugging me to go.   When we do, we want to explore the ethnic restaurants after seeing them on TV with Anthony Bourdain, etc.   But, with your endorsement in mind, we'll hit some pizza places too.  

And, yeah, I agree about LA.  The pizza is poor but the Mexican food there is awesome!