Brian Daboll Wants Matt Lombardo to Show Up on Time

HOUSE

This is a funny Article but the whole Tough guy NYC Media stuff is complete garbage. I lived in NYC for 7 years. Ever since the Yankees became the dominate team in Baseball the media decided to take the hard line with coaches and the Fans loved it, so it became a tradition. The Jets and Giants fans still boo their NFL draft picks every season no matter who they select. Its all phony BS

Daboll is just joking here, we think. We’re 99.9% sure. But you never know with these hard ass head football coaches. Some of them do the fake tough guy “leader of men” thing like Joe Judge did, and then you see where that gets you. It gets you two seasons, then you’re fired and applying for the head coach job at Triton Regional High School, in the great borough of Runnemede. Go Mustangs!

What Matt should have done here is said, “listen pal, I don’t work for you, now answer this question – how are you gonna turn around this pitiful embarrassment of a franchise?”

Josh Allen ain’t walking through that door.:doh:

Read on then understand what Brian Daball faces in NYC

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/02/brian-daboll-wants-matt-lombardo-to-show-up-on-time.html

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

"I don't k ow what the media is like in Buffalo, but you're in New Jersey now pal..."

He didn't admit that in the OP article:

"Then Daboll would have known who he’s really ***** with. I don’t know anything about the Buffalo media, but you’re in New York now buddy. These media members don’t mess around."

Daboll has been in NY for the last 3 seasons. 

He is no longer in NY, is the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually didn’t really find it funny. It came off as the coach who thought he was being funny but came off like an arrogant person. I cringed a little. All that matters is winning though 

Yes, he's setting himself up for when the Giants start 0-4 and average 12 points a game. The snide will come back hard lol

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Traffic...leave earlier?

Try using that with Belichick...he warned players and coaches even when they got hit with like 3 feet of snow that one time there was no excuse for being late to practice the next day and to stay at Patriot Place hotels if they felt they couldn't make it there on time.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m confused. Isn’t that article written by an Eagles fan? I get why he’s interested in a division opponent’s HC hire, but, other than that and sticking up for a former eagles reporter/radio guy, why is he taking up for the NYC media here? Just seems odd, but I’m sure I’m missing something. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually didn’t really find it funny. It came off as the coach who thought he was being funny but came off like an arrogant person. I cringed a little. All that matters is winning though 

Not sure why, but I get the feeling he wasn't trying to amuse you. But that could be just me.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

Not sure why, but I get the feeling he wasn't trying to amuse you. But that could be just me.

Of course he wasn't. I dont get your point. So its okay to come off like a dick in your first impression to a city and media who will be vicious towards you if you start horribly. Maybe he doesn't care about any of it, maybe some found it funny. He has to win that's all I get that. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Of course he wasn't. I dont get your point. So its okay to come off like a dick in your first impression to a city and media who will be vicious towards you if you start horribly. Maybe he doesn't care about any of it, maybe some found it funny. He has to win that's all I get that. 

I'll back you on this.  I thought it was painfully awkward on Daboll's part. It wasn't funny.  And he really didn't follow up to break the awkwardness.  Very weird attempt at humor.  Hopefully, that was just nerves, and didn't go quite like Daboll intended.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lv-Bills said:

I'll back you on this.  I thought it was painfully awkward on Daboll's part. It wasn't funny.  And he really didn't follow up to break the awkwardness.  Very weird attempt at humor.  Hopefully, that was just nerves, and didn't go quite like Daboll intended.  

Agree.  Daboll could gave given clues to show he was just joking, but chose not to.

He hadn't shown that side at all while in Buffalo, from my recollection. Odd, and maybe it was nerves.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I always find the arrogance of the Media hilarious. NYC is like a room full of Jerry Sullivans

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Exactly.

When you try to do that kind of humor, you need to fully commit, and he didn't.  It was awkward, but oh well... New Jersey.

I don't think the world has ever seen Daboll's personality, unleashed.  I have no idea what that might be, but he's now the head guy and doesn't have to let McDermott or Saban or Belichick represent the franchise.

Daboll might just be trying to establish that he's The Guy.  Who knows.  Maybe he figures this message will get to the players on his team.

Anyway, good luck to you coach, you did very well with the Bills and we're grateful, no offense taken of course that you'd leave for a HC job.  But you're not a Bill anymore.

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am not impressed with NYC sports media, they play the fans for fools. Brian Daboll will learn to deal with them and its pretty much a screw you attitude..

If one is a fool, they can be played. If not, then no. Critical thinking skills make all the difference.

surprised everybody thinks this was arrogant, he was def kidding.  ball-busting101.  if you listened to daboll on PMT with josh allen you can tell he's old school that way [josh and him even snuck in a 'bofa' joke back n forth with him].  dudes being friendly with one another, sounds different than girls being friendly lol

Edited by BillsShredder83

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.