Pro Bowl implementing “Spot and Choose”

YoloinOhio

The FB CBS article 

The outcry about the equity of the NFL's overtime format renewed after last week's epic AFC divisional game in Kansas City ended without the Bills touching the ball after regulation time expired, and there is a strong expectation within the league competition committee that multiple teams will make proposals on altering the process. 

Buffalo Bills Football GIF by Nickelodeon

Sounds like the start of a kids youth flag football game.  Keep it up NFL, you're having one helluva week!

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think it has easily been 30 years since I watched any part of the pro bowl. Do people still watch it? 

My 10 year old would probably tune in.  Kids who are into the star aspect of the game.  Otherwise, no.

• Haha (+1) 1

How does this make sense?  Say the team wins the coin toss and spots the ball at the opponent's 1-yard line.  The opponent then has to choose to play defense (1 yard to score for the opponent) or offense (99 yards to score for them) from that spot.  Neither are ideal.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

How does this make sense?  Say the team wins the coin toss and spots the ball at the opponent's 1-yard line.  The opponent then has to choose to play defense (1 yard to score for the opponent) or offense (99 yards to score for them) from that spot.  Neither are ideal.

The team that chooses the spot, also chooses the direction. So, say the ball is put on the 1 yard line, having to go 99 yards. The next team gets to choose offense or defense, and chances are good they pick defense in that situation.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

That was my 1st though.  The winner of the coin toss has to choose the opponent's 1 yard line.  Anything else is coaching malpractice, unless they can choose the 1 inch line.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have a colleague who is currently on site in Vegas with her husband who is a strength and conditioning coach for an NFL team ( she has pointedly asked me not to refer to him, so I respect that) She says that it’s just an autograph show and a good time for all the players to connect and have fun. She wishes it was back in Hawaii, but other than that it’s pretty much pointless for anybody except the players.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.