Daboll wasn’t happy with McDermott?

MWK

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Also given these comments brought to light today, McDermott will likely be pulling the strings and dictating what type of offense to run and that should scare the hell out of Bills fans.

Well, he is the friggin Head Coach after all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. It was blatantly obvious there was some sort of power struggle going on throughout the season based on McDermott's public comments alone.  Also makes sense they didn't waste much time trying to bring in an outside hire to fill the OC spot and stuck with a guy who will probably be forced to be McDermott's lackey in Dorsey.

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason McDermott's seat may be very hot in 2022.

You do understand teams are required to interview a minority candidate outside the organization for an open coordinator position right? 

What power struggle was blatantly obvious?

11 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

While I understand this is hearsay, I'm going to suggest that Schoen seems to be the likely candidate to provide that info.

We have no idea. 

If I were Schoen, and I wanted to be the GM and wanted to hire Brian Daboll, the LAST thing I would do would be to suggest to my new employers that maybe they could hire someone other than My Guy, and still recruit him as OC, so it doesn't seem likely to me.

Personally, I think all these HC and HC candidates have big egos.  They may pat dogs on the head and help little old ladies cross the street when outside the facility, but inside it they are determined that What They Want to Do is Correct. 

I think that McDermott probably generally tries to sit back and stay out of the offense and Let Daboll Cook, and to be "growth minded" and positive when he does weigh in, but I also expect that after the Jacksonville game, then after the Indy game, McDermott held a Come to Jesus meeting with Daboll about the state of the run game and it was blunt and ugly,  and neither of them were very happy with the other in the aftermath.

But in fact, the run game improved and it helped us finish the season strong and get to the Division round, which helped Daboll land a HC job.

So it's probably Yesterday's newspaper.

Just now, HamptonBillsfan said:

In Flores lawsuit, he claims Brian said he was down on Sean, and even if he wasn't offered an HC job, he wanted out. This is according to Nate Mendelssohn, a beat reporter I guess. 

Look at the actual tweets that are quoted.  McDonnell (the NYG pro personnel guy) is quoted as saying "he HEARD" that Daboll wasn't happy and might leave even if not HC.

In other words, it's HEARSAY

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We have no idea. 

If I were Schoen, and I wanted to be the GM and wanted to hire Brian Daboll, the LAST thing I would do would be to suggest to my new employers that maybe they could hire someone other than My Guy, and still recruit him as OC, so it doesn't seem likely to me.

Personally, I think all these HC and HC candidates have big egos.  They may pat dogs on the head and help little old ladies cross the street when outside the facility, but inside it they are determined that What They Want to Do is Correct. 

I think that McDermott probably generally tries to sit back and stay out of the offense and Let Daboll Cook, and to be "growth minded" and positive when he does weigh in, but I also expect that after the Jacksonville game, then after the Indy game, McDermott held a Come to Jesus meeting with Daboll about the state of the run game and it was blunt and ugly,  and neither of them were very happy with the other in the aftermath.

But in fact, the run game improved and it helped us finish the season strong and get to the Division round, which helped Daboll land a HC job.

So it's probably Yesterday's newspaper.

Look at the actual tweets that are quoted.  McDonnell (the NYG pro personnel guy) is quoted as saying "he HEARD" that Daboll wasn't happy and might leave even if not HC.

In other words, it's HEARSAY

Hearsay is exactly what this is and nothing more. There isn’t one shred of “evidence”!

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Talk is cheap.  The only coaches who have moved-on are Daboll, who got a HC'ing job, and the under-performing Bobby Johnson, whose contract expired.  As for Frazier, if he called the plays during those 13 seconds, he should want to leave out of shame.  Same for Farwell, whose job it was to tell Bass to squib kick it.

this is rididadink people....I laugh at the uproar FAKE NEWS

lmao

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's not likely Daboll will succeed at HC anymore than Frazier did in Minnesota. Daniel Jones will be his final dagger. It took Daboll nearly 3 1/2 years to realize the value of pulling guards on your running plays. 

McD was a mediocre DC before he got here. You really never know 

19 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Where did Daboll trash McDermott?

No where in public

If he got taken to the woodshed by McDermott over the lack of run game, and vented in private to someone he thought was a "safe ear" which got told to someone who spread it around color me surprised

Hopefully Daboll will learn something from this - "if you tell a secret to your friend, and your friend blabbs, who told first - you or he?"

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What a load of nonsense.

I don’t think so. 

maybe Daboll didn’t want McKenzie benched and inactive. Doesn’t mean Dabs hated McD but I could easily see him being overruled and not being “happy” about it.

Ultimately, I bet this is wildly overblown over a couple disagreements between an offensive coach and a defensive coach on certain things which happen in probably every single team every week. I’ve see BB scream at McDaniels for 12 years. Doubt they hate each other.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.