So it's the Washington Commanders now?

stuvian

2 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I don't know why they couldn't come up with a way to keep the original logo.  Why was using a heritage image of a native american wrong?  That's where all of this goes full Karen for me.  Total bull feces.

Redskins a derogatory term?  really?  If so, when, like 200 years ago?  Fine.  I'll concede that one.  The logo is offensive?  How is that even possible?  All of this is really sad.  Take a look at Mutual of Omaha's new logo.  It was a Native American image, please, oh please wise Karens, how was that remotely offensive?  

I think several hundred thousand Native Americans would disagree with you buddy.  It’s their heritage not yours.  Why don’t you just leave that to them?  Your ignorance is astonishing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

I think several hundred thousand Native Americans would disagree with you buddy.  It’s their heritage not yours.  Why don’t you just leave that to them?  Your ignorance is astonishing. 

They don't pay US taxes but they can decide US sports team names.... Got it... (I'm part native btw)

• Eyeroll 1

Well i guess they are trying to go with that name because of the city & the people in charge there but i bet there are a lot of other names they could come up with if that is the premise & commanders isn't the first on that comes to mind . 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.