Allen is better

george c

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Rewatch the last 13 seconds... it's the coaching not the defense that lost the game. 

Also Cinci had a spy on Mahomes all game and delayed rush, again,  coaching. 

#1 D in the league, plus Josh Allen top 3 offense and we won only 11 games (10 in the first 17 weeks)? 0-6 in one score games? Coaching. 

The game was more than just 13 seconds Art. 

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Rewatch the last 13 seconds... it's the coaching not the defense that lost the game. 

Also Cinci had a spy on Mahomes all game and delayed rush, again,  coaching. 

#1 D in the league, plus Josh Allen top 3 offense and we won only 11 games (10 in the first 17 weeks)? 0-6 in one score games? Coaching. 

Was it exceptional coaching when the Bills went 5-1 in one score games last season? Or did the players execute a little better and maybe benefit from some good fortune? The coaching was terrible in the now infamous 13 seconds, but the Bills went 0-6 in close games and still lost just 3 more than last season weeks 1-17

I agree with the thread title, Allen is better.   The media can & does equate winning teams to mean the QB is a winner.

The truth is Josh Allen won the playoff game in Kansas City with 2 great drives culminating in 2 great TDS in the last 2 minutes of the game. His defense collapsed twice, actually 3 times in a row. That’s nothing on Josh, he did everything anyone could ask. He played both playoff games like a clutch, championship level winner. He was easily the best QB in the NFL playoffs. After today, it’s not even close. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup....the media loves their sexy new toy. And Home Alone took that spot today. Just like Murray's hail mary. 

It is what it is.  Allen wins the coin toss and it’s very likely that every media show/pundit is declaring him the top QB in the NFL.  

Media plays narratives and the narrative is that Mahomes has won a SB and now Burrow is in one.  

Burrow is touched by a little bit of magic, he just is.  The best college season i’ve ever seen by a QB and a Championship.  

Now he’s not even playing as well as he’s capable of, but still in the SB. Joey B has the IT factor.   

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Burrow is touched by a little bit of magic, he just is.  The best college season i’ve ever seen by a QB and a Championship.  

Now he’s not even playing as well as he’s capable of, but still in the SB. Joey B has the IT factor.   

Joe Cool. Reminds me a little of Montana, but we will see in 2 weeks.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Accurate.  Burrow hasn’t looked elite in these playoffs, but when I say I’d take Allen or Burrow over Mahomes, that doesn’t mean I think Burrow is on Allen’s level… I think Allen is THE most talented QB in the league..  it means I think the shine is coming off Mahomes a bit.  

For instance, Allen had to will us, and elevate us, to what should have been (two) game winning drives.   Mahomes erased it with a dump off to Tyreek Hill.   He’s obviously more than that, but give Allen, Burrow or Herbert those two generational talents - Kelce/Hill - and I think they’re more dominant with them than Mahomes has been. 

Good points.

I do give Joe credit for some big time scrambles in the 4th quarter. He definitely is a cool customer with a lot of moxie.

But the numbers don't lie between Allen and Burrow. You could point out that Burrow's oline is trash, but does anyone think Allen couldn't operate just as effectively behind it? He also has better receivers, a far better running back, and apparently a much better defense as well.

I'm just not ready to the hear the canonization of Joe Burrow and the narrative of "Well, Burrow is 1-0 in the playoffs vs. Mahomes while Allen is 0-2". It's flat out ridiculous. Anybody with 2 functioning eyes can see that Allen is a greater player, at least at this point.

And while I don't like KC or Mahomes, I also don't have an irrational hatred of them just because they beat us. They're good, we had our chance, and the coaches blew it. What I really don't want is for Cincy to catch fire and win a SB in basically one try after 30 years of not having a single playoff victory. 

Anyhow, Go Rams

29 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah but his offense as a whole is better.  As was his defense today.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.