Ken Dorsey - would he choose OC here or leave to be Daboll's OC?

Heavy Kevi

4 minutes ago, Process said:

The Pegulas are two of the wealthiest owners in the sport if they want to keep him they will but I’ll be honest he’s never called plays before and that scares me with a super bowl contender verses a team competing for 3rd in their division since both the Cowboys and Eagles are in far better shape talent wise 

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The tweet is worded creatively. Maybe Dorsey is just trying to squeeze more money from the pegulas 

Or push them to pull the trigger and make a decision vs. taking a week to interview various candidates.

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Daboll just basically said the Giants QB situation is better then the Dolphins 

Is he giving an intro presser or something?  Linky?

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or push them to pull the trigger and make a decision vs. taking a week to interview various candidates.

Come on you know that's just my read on it

You could have Tua, no state taxes, no mandates and he chose Daniel Jones and NYC

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I didn't, actually, but thanks for clarifying!

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You could have Tua, no state taxes, no mandates and he chose Daniel Jones and NYC

I think having a GM he's comfortable working with in Schoen may have a lot to do with it

(you left out the Dolphins juicy cap situation vs the Giants -$5M)

1 hour ago, Process said:

If Dorsey’s the guy to elevate Jones, says Daboll, maybe Brian knows that he himself got too much credit for Josh? Makes me think Daboll didn’t actually develop him at all and it was all Dorsey. He knows this and for him to succeed at HC he needs Dors to get the most out of Jones. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They are required to interview at least one minority candidate from outside the organization per the Rooney rule 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s more about the leash. You get a throwaway year evaluating DJ, if he sucks, you can pivot to a new QB. 

Dolphins are still in on Tua and probably will be for 2 more years.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are required to interview at least one minority candidate from outside the organization per the Rooney rule 

Interesting!  So they HAVE to interview outside the building for coordinators now too!

Doesn't that cast some shade on the tweet that made it look as though the Giants offered Dorsey the job and it was all done but the i dotting and t crossing?

1 hour ago, Best Williams Available said:

If Dorsey’s the guy to elevate Jones, says Daboll, maybe Brian knows that he himself got too much credit for Josh? Makes me think Daboll didn’t actually develop him at all and it was all Dorsey. He knows this and for him to succeed at HC he needs Dors to get the most out of Jones. 

The reality is Josh always had it in him to throw accurately.  It was he, with the help of Jordan Palmer, who worked hard to make himself consistently be able to do it.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.