No excuses our coaching cost us this game and going to the Super Bowl

Niagara Dude

There is not one person who can explain what the hell the Bills were doing in those final 13 secs.  Outside of the kick-off it which was also another really bad,  we either have players with very low IQ or coaches that are not very good under pressure situations.  The Chiefs had 3 time outs so the sideline defending was stupid and allowing complete free releases off the line is one of the worse strategies I have ever seen. There is no excuse for that type of poor decision making at this level and after you called timeouts to discuss it with your players. The Chiefs kicked that FG with only 3 secs left,  on both passes to Kelce & Hill , Mahomes wasted no time unloading the pass.  Any kind of jam/hold at the line of scrimmage and he needs to wait and those 3 secs are no longer there after the second pass to Kelce.  

Sure Sean feels bad,  he knows he & his assistants gave it to them because of stupid coaching. The biggest victim is Allen who played the game of life and most likely the best game ever by a Bills QB on the road in a playoff game.  Allen gets too listen to pundits all week talking about how Mahomes is still the best in the business and Bills fans are now again watching another team celebrate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, nucci said:

who's making excuses?

McDermott did mention "execution" in his press conference, which in my opinion is a huge cop out when the defensive alignment was basically designed to let KC do exactly what they wanted to do.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

There is not one person who can explain what the hell the Bills were doing in those final 13 secs.  Outside of the kick-off it which was also another really bad,  we either have players with very low IQ or coaches that are not very good under pressure situations.  The Chiefs had 3 time outs so the sideline defending was stupid and allowing complete free releases off the line is one of the worse strategies I have ever seen. There is no excuse for that type of poor decision making at this level and after you called timeouts to discuss it with your players. The Chiefs kicked that FG with only 3 secs left,  on both passes to Kelce & Hill , Mahomes wasted no time unloading the pass.  Any kind of jam/hold at the line of scrimmage and he needs to wait and those 3 secs are no longer there after the second pass to Kelce.  

Sure Sean feels bad,  he knows he & his assistants gave it to them because of stupid coaching. The biggest victim is Allen who played the game of life and most likely the best game ever by a Bills QB on the road in a playoff game.  Allen gets too listen to pundits all week talking about how Mahomes is still the best in the business and Bills fans are now again watching another team celebrate.

Oh, sure. NOW you tell us. Where were ya on this one before?

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

100% agree. I really like Coach McDermott but he absolutely cost the Bills the game in 13 seconds. There really is no other way to put it. If he worked in another profession his gross incompetence would have resulted in him being fired. I'm not advocating this but my anger towards the coaching staff will linger for a long long time. 

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

"What did you think of your team's execution, Coach?"

"I'm in favor of it."

Signed by Andy Reid. He says thanks for the gift...

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

How many new threads have to be created on this topic???  Mods can we please merge this with one of the other 86 similar topics?

i believe there are so many people speaking on the topic out of disgust. It's a way of venting for many. The anger is real because the coaching incompetence in a 13 sec span is inexplicable. It's the elephant in the room. Almost feels like we the fans have been cheated out of a great chance to win the super bowl. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Our situational football needs to be dramatically improved.  It sure looks like they don’t practice for EVERY situation that could happen in a game.  Sometimes it looks like they are making it up as they go along.  Don’t get me wrong this coaching staff has done a good job but to get were we want to go they have to be better in that area.

11 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

"No excuses our coaching cost us this game and going to the Super Bowl"

Punctuation is your friend.

Cost us the chance of WINNING the Super Bowl.

The Bills are better than any team remaining not KC. Rams are close 2nd.

I see KC/Rams with KC winning and that's gonna hurt big time.

This was our year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Cost us the chance of WINNING the Super Bowl.

The Bills are better than any team remaining not KC. Rams are close 2nd.

I see KC/Rams with KC winning and that's gonna hurt big time.

This was our year.

Agree. I think this is part of the reason this one stings more (to some of us) than the forward pass, Monday night close losses etc because everything was coming into shape for us. If it had worked out like many of us thought, we'd host AFCCG and feel very confident about our chances against Bengals and NFC winner.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bengals had a great season. It's amazing we would have gotten that as a home game, but it's hardly a gimme.

Then the Rams - another very tough game.

We lost a divisional round game, and without doubt, coaching played a big role in that. But the idea that we would just stroll to a Lombardi isn't accurate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, nucci said:

who's making excuses?

Plenty of people are

27 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

i believe there are so many people speaking on the topic out of disgust. It's a way of venting for many. The anger is real because the coaching incompetence in a 13 sec span is inexplicable. It's the elephant in the room. Almost feels like we the fans have been cheated out of a great chance to win the super bowl. 

I could not agree more,  did not sleep all night Sunday.  Was sick thinking how we just blew a perfect opportunity to finally shut everyone up about not winning a Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Plenty of people are

I could not agree more,  did not sleep all night Sunday.  Was sick thinking how we just blew a perfect opportunity to finally shut everyone up about not winning a Super Bowl

Me too, but I really try to shut those people out.

Honestly, the ones who do that seriously are losers.  It's called projection.