Jump to content

Your Mock Off-Season?


elijah
 Share

Recommended Posts

A little LAMP here, along with a little curiosity of everyone’s else’s offseason as well. Everyone’s grieving with the heartbreak of the season ending in their own way, and mine happens to be by trying to figure out ways to get better. I’m sure I’m not alone and others have plans/thoughts they’d like to see executed on how to make the team better and come back stronger next year.

 

The numbers aren’t perfectly accurate, just my best interpretation of the salary cap. We’re tight on the cap and it’s going to be difficult to improve this offseason, this will be a big telling point for how strong Beane actually is.

 

Anyways, my thoughts & mock offseason as well as some notes ... 

 

TOP PRIORITIES 

1. IOL

2. CB2/Levi Wallace 

3. Developmental WR

4. Developmental S

5. Edge Rusher

6. Developmental RB

7. LB Safety Net

 

CURRENT CAP SPACE: $10.96M

 

CAP CASUALTIES

 - Trade DT Star Lotulelei & 6th Round for 7th Round (2022: $6.62M Savings, $2.6M dead, 2023: $2.6M Dead Cap)

 - Cut OL Darryl Williams (2022: $5.32M Savings, $3.6M Dead Cap)

 - Cut LB Tyler Matakevich (2022: $2.5M Savings, $750K Dead Cap) 

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $25.40M

 

RESTRUCTURE/EXTENSIONS

 - Extend C Mitch Morse, 2yr/$18M, New Remaining Contract: 3yr/$30.25M. (2022: $2.9M Savings)

 - Extend S Jordan Poyer, 1yr/$11M, New Remaining Contract: 2yr/$21.27M. (2022: $1.03M Savings)

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $29.33M

 

NOTABLE EXPIRINGS: Mitch Trubisky, Matt Breida, Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, Ryan Bates, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Efe Obada, Harrison Phillips, Justin Zimmer, Levi Wallace, Siran Neal

 

RESIGNINGS

 - Harrison Phillips, 2yr/$12M

 - Ryan Bates, 1yr/$2.1M

 - Isaiah McKenzie, 1yr/$4M

 

RELEASED

 - Emmanuel Sanders, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Efe Obada, Siran Neal, Mitch Trubisky, Justin Zimmer, Matt Breida, Levi Wallace, Jerry Hughes

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $17.23M

 

FREE AGENCY

 - Tier 2 EDGE Rusher (Melvin Ingram, Justin Houston, Harold Landry, Haason Reddick) 2yr/$24M

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $5.23M

 

DRAFT

1st Round: WR

2nd Round: CB/IOL

3rd Round: CB/IOL

Day 3: S, DT, RB, LB

 

OPENING DAY IMPACT PLAYERS

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Devin Singletary, Zack Moss

WR: Stefon Diggs, Day 1 Rookie, Gabe Davis, Cole Beasley

TE: Dawson Knox

OL: Dion Dawkins, Ryan Bates, Mitch Morse, Jon Feliciano/Day 2 Rookie, Spencer Brown

 

DE: Greg Rousseau, Tier 2 FA, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, 

DT: Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips

LB: Matt Milano, Tremaine Edmunds, AJ Klein

CB: Tre White, Day 2 Rookie, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson

S: Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer


Some notes .. 

 - The offseason should no longer be about beating one specific team. We went 1-1 against the Chiefs this year and were 13 seconds away from 2-0. The playing field has been leveled and for years to come it’s going to be a coin flip matchup. The offseason should now be about becoming the best overall team we can be, getting the highest seed possible and therefore, theoretically, the ‘easiest’ route to the big game come playoff time.

 

 - There’s a difficult balance that Beane will have to attack this offseason with. This is likely the last year that the teams core nucleus will remain together before the first full retool/reload/rebuild under Josh’s reign will have to take place. Singletary, Knox, Beasley, Morse, Edmunds & Poyer all become free agents in 2023. Beane has to somehow prepare to have a somewhat ‘all-in’ year, while also keeping in the back of his mind that the roster needs developmental depth for when the core undeniably takes a hit next year. 

 

 - Gabe Davis had a phenomenal game, but I don’t think that means it’s quite yet time to pencil him in as WR2. He has a tremendous amount of talent, but we haven’t seen him be steadily relied on with a heavy load yet. He’s been a backup option to multiple other players on the offense and receives much less attention from the defense because of that. Drafting a receiver high isn’t necessarily a detriment to Gabe Davis, he damn well could become WR2 and a terrific one at that. This offense is going to lose Beasley & Sanders soon, the way to win in the NFL now is with explosive firepower. Keeping adding to it in my opinion, offenses need 3 bonafide receivers in this day’s game to be dangerous. 

 

 - The way the offensive line ended the season would be just fine to roll into next year with, but just fine isn’t good enough. They ended the season hot, but I’d rather address it than take the risk of having another mid season crisis. This team doesn’t have weakness’s, just areas to improve. Offensive line is at the top of that list. 

 

- There’s a variation of this offseason where Jerry Hughes gets resigned on a hometown discount, the development of Rousseau, Basham & Epenesa are heavily relied on, and that splash free agency signing goes to an OG like Scherff or Norwell rather than that tier 2 edge rusher. 

 

 - In an ideal world, I really want to take a safety in the first two days of the draft. Poyer & Hyde, while still currently performing in their prime, are both getting older and regression is inevitable. However, just crunching and playing with numbers, I don’t think it’s possible to retain Wallace and CB2 will become the first true ‘need’ that this team has had in 2 years. I think Wallace is more than capable of the CB2 job, but it’s simply going to come down to a numbers game at this point. He’s going to have a higher price tag than I think most are anticipating, and a younger more athletic CB may be better for the defense anyways when taking into consideration the speed of Hill. 

 

 - I’m an Edmunds truther and I think the hate is ridiculous, his game has just been watched through a telescope. That being said, where’s there’s smoke there’s fire. A safety net should definitely be considered this offseason in the event that he falls flat next year. At the right price, a player like De’Vondre Campbell seems like a great fit for the defense. 

 

 - We’ve seen time and time again that investing top assets into RB’s or big money on their second contracts simply doesn’t workout well. I think Beane is very smart and methodical with his money and likely falls in this line of thought, and with that said Singletary expires next year and Moss simply isn’t the answer. I would love to see this addressed this offseason to get ahead of it, but I don’t think the assets are available to do so. As an aside to this, with Schoen taking the job in New York, expect the Barkley rumors to be hot all offseason. Count me out on that one. 

 

Okay // end rant. That post turned out to be much longer than anticipated, even if it doesn’t get read by everyone I still want to hear your offseason’s and what you find to be ideal. After the playoff loss, this offseason is going to be very difficult and a big testament to Beane, hopefully he can get it done and keep finding ways to propel this franchise forwards.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

McKenzie is not coming back imo.  As far as priorities,  I was put Edge Rusher and CB at 1 and 1a respectively.  I so think Zimmer will be resigned

I’m torn on McKenzie. I think McKenzie & Beasley can and should combined into 1 roster spot and 1 role, but finding that is easier said than done. I’m very intrigued as to what his value on the open market would be as well. One day, like today, I don’t think his stats and production have shown enough to get a decent contract and that we could resign him cheap. The next day, I think his flashes on a top offense might be enough to get him signed to a bigger role elsewhere on a 3yr/$35M deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

McKenzie is not coming back imo.  As far as priorities,  I was put Edge Rusher and CB at 1 and 1a respectively.  I so think Zimmer will be resigned

If we do sign Scherff than CB2 is the 1st round play. We can't afford both Scherff and a tier 2 pass rusher, unless Beane performs some cap magic.

11 minutes ago, elijah said:

I’m torn on McKenzie. I think McKenzie & Beasley can and should combined into 1 roster spot and 1 role, but finding that is easier said than done. I’m very intrigued as to what his value on the open market would be as well. One day, like today, I don’t think his stats and production have shown enough to get a decent contract and that we could resign him cheap. The next day, I think his flashes on a top offense might be enough to get him signed to a bigger role elsewhere on a 3yr/$35M deal. 

Isaiah is so much younger and faster than Cole. We gotta keep McKenzie and develop him as a FT slot receiver/gadget wr. Probably cost us 1yr/ 4M.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that defense gets run over...   if you get rid of star you have to draft / sign a big boy to help stop the run. 

 

otherwise ?I like where you are going although I still think the most important guy to get is a Pass rusher. 

 

 needs on defense as I see it

 

Pass rusher.   Von miller Chandle jones??   maybe one would come cheaper for a chance to win a SB

DT (Run stuffer) DRAFT

CB someone with speed to pair up with the guys we have now DRAFT

LB (need more from this group, probably where my 1st pick is going unless a really good CB is at 25.) DRAFT

 

 

Offense

 

IOL DRAFT

WR DRAFT - FA

RB- Leonard Fournette would be a great signing

Oline depth DRAFT

KR DRAFT

 

Special team

 

Punter DRAFT / FA

 

 

others

 

#2 TE

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would let Addison and Butler go.  Obada stays.  Maybe dump Klein.  Bates must stay, as the OL was very good at the end of the year.  Star should go.  There's a chance Davis from Georgia is still there when we draft.  Try and keep Trubisky.  He is a good backup, but he may sign on wherever Daboll goes.  

 

We have a couple guys that could replace Beasley.  

 

I have no idea.  It'll be good to get Tradavious White back.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we do sign Scherff than CB2 is the 1st round play. We can't afford both Scherff and a tier 2 pass rusher, unless Beane performs some cap magic.

There’s ways to get it done, this is without considering Tre White, Stefon Diggs or Dion Dawkins restructures

 

I just can’t convince myself that’s it a good idea to kick that much money down the road when Josh is about to have some real big money years coming up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

McKenzie is not coming back imo.  As far as priorities,  I was put Edge Rusher and CB at 1 and 1a respectively.  I so think Zimmer will be resigned

I'll be he goes to the Giants, along with a few other free agents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, elijah said:

There’s ways to get it done, this is without considering Tre White, Stefon Diggs or Dion Dawkins restructures

 

I just can’t convince myself that’s it a good idea to kick that much money down the road when Josh is about to have some real big money years coming up

At some point you gotta go for it…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, elijah said:

A little LAMP here, along with a little curiosity of everyone’s else’s offseason as well. Everyone’s grieving with the heartbreak of the season ending in their own way, and mine happens to be by trying to figure out ways to get better. I’m sure I’m not alone and others have plans/thoughts they’d like to see executed on how to make the team better and come back stronger next year.

 

The numbers aren’t perfectly accurate, just my best interpretation of the salary cap. We’re tight on the cap and it’s going to be difficult to improve this offseason, this will be a big telling point for how strong Beane actually is.

 

Anyways, my thoughts & mock offseason as well as some notes ... 

 

TOP PRIORITIES 

1. IOL

2. CB2/Levi Wallace 

3. Developmental WR

4. Developmental S

5. Edge Rusher

6. Developmental RB

7. LB Safety Net

 

CURRENT CAP SPACE: $10.96M

 

CAP CASUALTIES

 - Trade DT Star Lotulelei & 6th Round for 7th Round (2022: $6.62M Savings, $2.6M dead, 2023: $2.6M Dead Cap)

 - Cut OL Darryl Williams (2022: $5.32M Savings, $3.6M Dead Cap)

 - Cut LB Tyler Matakevich (2022: $2.5M Savings, $750K Dead Cap) 

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $25.40M

 

RESTRUCTURE/EXTENSIONS

 - Extend C Mitch Morse, 2yr/$18M, New Remaining Contract: 3yr/$30.25M. (2022: $2.9M Savings)

 - Extend S Jordan Poyer, 1yr/$11M, New Remaining Contract: 2yr/$21.27M. (2022: $1.03M Savings)

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $29.33M

 

NOTABLE EXPIRINGS: Mitch Trubisky, Matt Breida, Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, Ryan Bates, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Efe Obada, Harrison Phillips, Justin Zimmer, Levi Wallace, Siran Neal

 

RESIGNINGS

 - Harrison Phillips, 2yr/$12M

 - Ryan Bates, 1yr/$2.1M

 - Isaiah McKenzie, 1yr/$4M

 

RELEASED

 - Emmanuel Sanders, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Efe Obada, Siran Neal, Mitch Trubisky, Justin Zimmer, Matt Breida, Levi Wallace, Jerry Hughes

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $17.23M

 

FREE AGENCY

 - Tier 2 EDGE Rusher (Melvin Ingram, Justin Houston, Harold Landry, Haason Reddick) 2yr/$24M

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $5.23M

 

DRAFT

1st Round: WR

2nd Round: CB/IOL

3rd Round: CB/IOL

Day 3: S, DT, RB, LB

 

OPENING DAY IMPACT PLAYERS

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Devin Singletary, Zack Moss

WR: Stefon Diggs, Day 1 Rookie, Gabe Davis, Cole Beasley

TE: Dawson Knox

OL: Dion Dawkins, Ryan Bates, Mitch Morse, Jon Feliciano/Day 2 Rookie, Spencer Brown

 

DE: Greg Rousseau, Tier 2 FA, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, 

DT: Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips

LB: Matt Milano, Tremaine Edmunds, AJ Klein

CB: Tre White, Day 2 Rookie, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson

S: Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer


Some notes .. 

 - The offseason should no longer be about beating one specific team. We went 1-1 against the Chiefs this year and were 13 seconds away from 2-0. The playing field has been leveled and for years to come it’s going to be a coin flip matchup. The offseason should now be about becoming the best overall team we can be, getting the highest seed possible and therefore, theoretically, the ‘easiest’ route to the big game come playoff time.

 

 - There’s a difficult balance that Beane will have to attack this offseason with. This is likely the last year that the teams core nucleus will remain together before the first full retool/reload/rebuild under Josh’s reign will have to take place. Singletary, Knox, Beasley, Morse, Edmunds & Poyer all become free agents in 2023. Beane has to somehow prepare to have a somewhat ‘all-in’ year, while also keeping in the back of his mind that the roster needs developmental depth for when the core undeniably takes a hit next year. 

 

 - Gabe Davis had a phenomenal game, but I don’t think that means it’s quite yet time to pencil him in as WR2. He has a tremendous amount of talent, but we haven’t seen him be steadily relied on with a heavy load yet. He’s been a backup option to multiple other players on the offense and receives much less attention from the defense because of that. Drafting a receiver high isn’t necessarily a detriment to Gabe Davis, he damn well could become WR2 and a terrific one at that. This offense is going to lose Beasley & Sanders soon, the way to win in the NFL now is with explosive firepower. Keeping adding to it in my opinion, offenses need 3 bonafide receivers in this day’s game to be dangerous. 

 

 - The way the offensive line ended the season would be just fine to roll into next year with, but just fine isn’t good enough. They ended the season hot, but I’d rather address it than take the risk of having another mid season crisis. This team doesn’t have weakness’s, just areas to improve. Offensive line is at the top of that list. 

 

- There’s a variation of this offseason where Jerry Hughes gets resigned on a hometown discount, the development of Rousseau, Basham & Epenesa are heavily relied on, and that splash free agency signing goes to an OG like Scherff or Norwell rather than that tier 2 edge rusher. 

 

 - In an ideal world, I really want to take a safety in the first two days of the draft. Poyer & Hyde, while still currently performing in their prime, are both getting older and regression is inevitable. However, just crunching and playing with numbers, I don’t think it’s possible to retain Wallace and CB2 will become the first true ‘need’ that this team has had in 2 years. I think Wallace is more than capable of the CB2 job, but it’s simply going to come down to a numbers game at this point. He’s going to have a higher price tag than I think most are anticipating, and a younger more athletic CB may be better for the defense anyways when taking into consideration the speed of Hill. 

 

 - I’m an Edmunds truther and I think the hate is ridiculous, his game has just been watched through a telescope. That being said, where’s there’s smoke there’s fire. A safety net should definitely be considered this offseason in the event that he falls flat next year. At the right price, a player like De’Vondre Campbell seems like a great fit for the defense. 

 

 - We’ve seen time and time again that investing top assets into RB’s or big money on their second contracts simply doesn’t workout well. I think Beane is very smart and methodical with his money and likely falls in this line of thought, and with that said Singletary expires next year and Moss simply isn’t the answer. I would love to see this addressed this offseason to get ahead of it, but I don’t think the assets are available to do so. As an aside to this, with Schoen taking the job in New York, expect the Barkley rumors to be hot all offseason. Count me out on that one. 

 

Okay // end rant. That post turned out to be much longer than anticipated, even if it doesn’t get read by everyone I still want to hear your offseason’s and what you find to be ideal. After the playoff loss, this offseason is going to be very difficult and a big testament to Beane, hopefully he can get it done and keep finding ways to propel this franchise forwards.

if Bates is our starting LG, no way a 1 year deal for $2mm. He'll find a much nicer deal elsewhere.

 

Would be surprised if we had a rookie RG starting.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

if Bates is our starting LG, no way a 1 year deal for $2mm. He'll find a much nicer deal elsewhere.

 

Would be surprised if we had a rookie RG starting.

 

Bates is an RFA, it’s similar to how we were able to keep Levi Wallace on such a cheap deal this past year. 

 

We have all the control on that Bates contract, so not only did he show up and perform and help to improve our OL, but he was on a great value deal and will continue to be on a great value deal moving forward

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, elijah said:

A little LAMP here, along with a little curiosity of everyone’s else’s offseason as well. Everyone’s grieving with the heartbreak of the season ending in their own way, and mine happens to be by trying to figure out ways to get better. I’m sure I’m not alone and others have plans/thoughts they’d like to see executed on how to make the team better and come back stronger next year.

 

The numbers aren’t perfectly accurate, just my best interpretation of the salary cap. We’re tight on the cap and it’s going to be difficult to improve this offseason, this will be a big telling point for how strong Beane actually is.

 

Anyways, my thoughts & mock offseason as well as some notes ... 

 

TOP PRIORITIES 

1. IOL

2. CB2/Levi Wallace 

3. Developmental WR

4. Developmental S

5. Edge Rusher

6. Developmental RB

7. LB Safety Net

 

CURRENT CAP SPACE: $10.96M

 

CAP CASUALTIES

 - Trade DT Star Lotulelei & 6th Round for 7th Round (2022: $6.62M Savings, $2.6M dead, 2023: $2.6M Dead Cap)

 - Cut OL Darryl Williams (2022: $5.32M Savings, $3.6M Dead Cap)

 - Cut LB Tyler Matakevich (2022: $2.5M Savings, $750K Dead Cap) 

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $25.40M

 

RESTRUCTURE/EXTENSIONS

 - Extend C Mitch Morse, 2yr/$18M, New Remaining Contract: 3yr/$30.25M. (2022: $2.9M Savings)

 - Extend S Jordan Poyer, 1yr/$11M, New Remaining Contract: 2yr/$21.27M. (2022: $1.03M Savings)

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $29.33M

 

NOTABLE EXPIRINGS: Mitch Trubisky, Matt Breida, Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, Ryan Bates, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Efe Obada, Harrison Phillips, Justin Zimmer, Levi Wallace, Siran Neal

 

RESIGNINGS

 - Harrison Phillips, 2yr/$12M

 - Ryan Bates, 1yr/$2.1M

 - Isaiah McKenzie, 1yr/$4M

 

RELEASED

 - Emmanuel Sanders, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Efe Obada, Siran Neal, Mitch Trubisky, Justin Zimmer, Matt Breida, Levi Wallace, Jerry Hughes

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $17.23M

 

FREE AGENCY

 - Tier 2 EDGE Rusher (Melvin Ingram, Justin Houston, Harold Landry, Haason Reddick) 2yr/$24M

 

NEW CAP SPACE: $5.23M

 

DRAFT

1st Round: WR

2nd Round: CB/IOL

3rd Round: CB/IOL

Day 3: S, DT, RB, LB

 

OPENING DAY IMPACT PLAYERS

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Devin Singletary, Zack Moss

WR: Stefon Diggs, Day 1 Rookie, Gabe Davis, Cole Beasley

TE: Dawson Knox

OL: Dion Dawkins, Ryan Bates, Mitch Morse, Jon Feliciano/Day 2 Rookie, Spencer Brown

 

DE: Greg Rousseau, Tier 2 FA, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, 

DT: Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips

LB: Matt Milano, Tremaine Edmunds, AJ Klein

CB: Tre White, Day 2 Rookie, Taron Johnson, Dane Jackson

S: Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer


Some notes .. 

 - The offseason should no longer be about beating one specific team. We went 1-1 against the Chiefs this year and were 13 seconds away from 2-0. The playing field has been leveled and for years to come it’s going to be a coin flip matchup. The offseason should now be about becoming the best overall team we can be, getting the highest seed possible and therefore, theoretically, the ‘easiest’ route to the big game come playoff time.

 

 - There’s a difficult balance that Beane will have to attack this offseason with. This is likely the last year that the teams core nucleus will remain together before the first full retool/reload/rebuild under Josh’s reign will have to take place. Singletary, Knox, Beasley, Morse, Edmunds & Poyer all become free agents in 2023. Beane has to somehow prepare to have a somewhat ‘all-in’ year, while also keeping in the back of his mind that the roster needs developmental depth for when the core undeniably takes a hit next year. 

 

 - Gabe Davis had a phenomenal game, but I don’t think that means it’s quite yet time to pencil him in as WR2. He has a tremendous amount of talent, but we haven’t seen him be steadily relied on with a heavy load yet. He’s been a backup option to multiple other players on the offense and receives much less attention from the defense because of that. Drafting a receiver high isn’t necessarily a detriment to Gabe Davis, he damn well could become WR2 and a terrific one at that. This offense is going to lose Beasley & Sanders soon, the way to win in the NFL now is with explosive firepower. Keeping adding to it in my opinion, offenses need 3 bonafide receivers in this day’s game to be dangerous. 

 

 - The way the offensive line ended the season would be just fine to roll into next year with, but just fine isn’t good enough. They ended the season hot, but I’d rather address it than take the risk of having another mid season crisis. This team doesn’t have weakness’s, just areas to improve. Offensive line is at the top of that list. 

 

- There’s a variation of this offseason where Jerry Hughes gets resigned on a hometown discount, the development of Rousseau, Basham & Epenesa are heavily relied on, and that splash free agency signing goes to an OG like Scherff or Norwell rather than that tier 2 edge rusher. 

 

 - In an ideal world, I really want to take a safety in the first two days of the draft. Poyer & Hyde, while still currently performing in their prime, are both getting older and regression is inevitable. However, just crunching and playing with numbers, I don’t think it’s possible to retain Wallace and CB2 will become the first true ‘need’ that this team has had in 2 years. I think Wallace is more than capable of the CB2 job, but it’s simply going to come down to a numbers game at this point. He’s going to have a higher price tag than I think most are anticipating, and a younger more athletic CB may be better for the defense anyways when taking into consideration the speed of Hill. 

 

 - I’m an Edmunds truther and I think the hate is ridiculous, his game has just been watched through a telescope. That being said, where’s there’s smoke there’s fire. A safety net should definitely be considered this offseason in the event that he falls flat next year. At the right price, a player like De’Vondre Campbell seems like a great fit for the defense. 

 

 - We’ve seen time and time again that investing top assets into RB’s or big money on their second contracts simply doesn’t workout well. I think Beane is very smart and methodical with his money and likely falls in this line of thought, and with that said Singletary expires next year and Moss simply isn’t the answer. I would love to see this addressed this offseason to get ahead of it, but I don’t think the assets are available to do so. As an aside to this, with Schoen taking the job in New York, expect the Barkley rumors to be hot all offseason. Count me out on that one. 

 

Okay // end rant. That post turned out to be much longer than anticipated, even if it doesn’t get read by everyone I still want to hear your offseason’s and what you find to be ideal. After the playoff loss, this offseason is going to be very difficult and a big testament to Beane, hopefully he can get it done and keep finding ways to propel this franchise forwards.

First things first, - I bet Beane gives Moss every chance possible. We kind of counted out Singletary around midseason and he turned out fine. Beane Billieved in his draft picks. Expect a new third RB for competition's sake but no more than that (another Breida type signing ~ money that is.) 

- We hold onto our current safeties (both starters and backups)and maybe draft one or two in the 6th and/or seventh round at most.

- I'd love a new WR too but I bet the top pick is a lineman. Probably both top picks. though it depends on FA...

- D. Williams will simply take a pay cut.

- If we trade Star something is coming back, imho... Otherwise, we keep him or he retires.

- The Bills have got to count on their recent draft picks on 5he DL in Harrison, Ed, Epenesa, Groot and Basham to really improve.

Expect lower level adds. But expect big things from Epenesa, Groot and Boogie.

Maybe Beane surprises everyone and gets a name FA on a good deal like Tribusky last year. Maybe someone that is currently disgruntled.

Right now, reading what you outlined, it seems like we're going to be a lesser team this year but I think just getting TRe back makes us better. Having our three ends get an offseason and get older makes us better as well. Having nine picks really helps too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

McKenzie is not coming back imo.  As far as priorities,  I was put Edge Rusher and CB at 1 and 1a respectively.  I so think Zimmer will be resigned

Holy cow!  You'd put a DL and a CB ahead of OL help?

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP nice work.  Beane will need to make choices.  He has wasted millions of dollars on FA DL and I just can't see him making that same mistake again.  He got younger at DE and between Rousseau and Basham along with Hughes they have a solid nucleus.  This team played great when the OL played better. The Chiefs spent heavily on the OL and Beane needs to do the same.  I've posted many times I like Wallace at CB#2 (even after that last play).  They could do a lot worse than Wallace opposite White.  But I'm drafting another DB in the second round.  

 

1. Bring back Wallace, H. Phillips, Trubisky. Try to bring back Hughes and Neal on vet minimum deals. Keep Beasley. 

2. Cut Star, Williams, Gilliam, and Matakevich

3. Agree on letting everyone else walk.  

4. Move Edmunds to DE

5. Spend FA dollars on an elite guard and Zach Ertz

6. Trade out of the first round and get an extra second round and fourth in 2022 and a 3rd in 2023.  Draft value chart Pick 25 = 720 pts Mid to high 2nd is 450-550, mid to high fourth is 100, and 3rd next year is another 100 or so.  The value lines up reasonably well.  

7. Use Epenesa in the draft to move up from the third to the second round - this gives them 3 second round picks, and two fourth rounders and rids them of Epenesa

8. Draft in no particular order - C/G, NT, CB, DE, MLB, S, WR.  

9. Try to snag a relatively cheap veteran DB and DE

10. If Trubisky signs elsewhere, then target Fitz or just draft a developmental QB in the mid-rounds to hold the clipboard. If Allen gets hurt for multiple games the season is lost anyways.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...