1/23/22 Week 20 Divisional Playoffs Bills @ Chiefs PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

Some last minute thoughts about this matchup.  

1. Media blaming Mahomes turnovers early in year on being greedy going downfield.  Bills' 2 picks in week 5 win were on short patterns - a Hill crosser which Hyde played as Robber and the Groot tip and catch.  These are regular plays for KC and Bills can look to duplicate today.

2. KC Defense allowed 6 QBs to achieve 100+ rating in games this year.  Bills only allowed one - Brady - and Mahomes had a 70 rating in week 5.

3.  KC worst D versus QB runs.  If they try and play man to man and blitz Josh should be able to escape or hit some deep passes. 

4.  Hands up by Dline and blitzers.  Tips were a problem last week for Mahomes.

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

While KC put the league on notice last week, they weren’t wildly impressive to close out the season.   Burrow torched them and then they should have lost to the Broncos if Gordon doesn’t fumble.  

Of course, someone could say the same for us with our uneven play between the two Pats games.  

If KC put the league on notice last week, what did we do? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

how are the 2bd brethren feeling today? Confident? nervous? I'm both of those but also super excited cannot wait for our game to start GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!!!

Titans lost, Rodgers lost, Brady losing, its all coming together.

Feeling nervously excited but not worried.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wrecks just went Lone Wolf on the Rams and Moss goes Lone Wolf on the Chefs!!  Brewski (*****IN' BREWSKI!!!!) picked the Bills.  The Apocalypse is nigh....

Teddy Bruschi, Pats* homer and the most over rated LB in NFL history. Who ESPN made up a state for (hits) after he came back from his stroke and did nothing against the Bills but was named Player of the Week, picks the Bills. My god, we broke that entire organization. Love it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I might feel a wee bit uncomfortable if the first 3 road teams win prior to Bills game.  It’s gotta be rare that no home teams win on Divisional weekend?  Make me feel better about this.  (although Bucs game still has a long way to go).

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Teddy Bruschi, Pats* homer and the most over rated LB in NFL history. Who ESPN made up a state for (hits) after he came back from his stroke and did nothing against the Bills but was named Player of the Week, picks the Bills. My god, we broke that entire organization. Love it.

Do you think that all fits on his buisness card?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I might feel a wee bit uncomfortable if the first 3 road teams win prior to Bills game.  It’s gotta be rare that no home teams win on Divisional weekend?  Make me feel better about this.  (although Bucs game still has a long way to go).

Yeah feeling the same way unfortunately. I know it has no real bearing on our game but every home team going to lose?

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

While KC put the league on notice last week, they weren’t wildly impressive to close out the season.   Burrow torched them and then they should have lost to the Broncos if Gordon doesn’t fumble.  

Of course, someone could say the same for us with our uneven play between the two Pats games.  

I didn’t even see them putting the league on notice…pit has a notoriously bad offense and played badly on that side of the ball even for them which led to their defense gassing out who had a great start to the game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.