1/23/22 Week 20 Divisional Playoffs Bills @ Chiefs PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

21 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

According to the Chiefs MLB, Anthony Hitchens, Spags plans to be very aggressive with his scheme and corners today. He said that if they’re going to get beat by this Bills offense, it’ll have to be over the top. Obviously anything said pregame has to be taken with a grain of salt, because they could come out doing the exact opposite.

Well... Josh, Diggs, and Sanders love over the top.  Are they really going to take away the short stuff and dare Allen to throw deep? LMAO

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i admire Spags for this.  This whole new fad with the 2-high shell that Fangio and Staley popularized is so dumb. 

The Bills struggled against the two high shell coverage most of this year, until the past 5 or 6 weeks.  Teams run it against the Bills specifically because Allen is among the best in the league at defeating  pressure, and their WRs are capable of beating man. I would expect Daboll to have them prepared should they see this, but it is what I expected because  that is KCs strength in the D.  This is not news.  

Just now, Motorin' said:

Analysis from my girlfriend who only really started watching football and the Bills this year. 

"It's all about the offensive line. If they do their job everybody else can do their job. But if they don't do their job everything else goes to *****."

Smart GF. Better keep her around.😉

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Chiefs have now dropped to a 1 point favorite. A tad bit surprising to me. Started at 2.5 when first listed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20220123_BUF@KC/

This has been happening recently, some wise guys have been coming in heavy on the Bills.

Lots of fans on here already talking about a possible home Championship game against the Bengals next week, and SB appearance after that.

Let's hope the team and the coaches aren't thinking like that. They have to be 100% focused on the upcoming 60 minutes of football against KC, lose that and there is no next week.

We also saw from yesterday's games, that the deciding factor was Special Teams, not the O or the D. Could this be the story again tonight, in another low-scoring game?

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Analysis from my girlfriend who only really started watching football and the Bills this year. 

"It's all about the offensive line. If they do their job everybody else can do their job. But if they don't do their job everything else goes to *****."

Keeper

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well... Josh, Diggs, and Sanders love over the top.  Are they really going to take away the short stuff and dare Allen to throw deep? LMAO

I don’t know Allen’s deep ball numbers in comparison to the test of the league, but it does seem like it has been his weakness. Passes that travel 40+ yards through the air.

8 minutes ago, bargepole said:

Lots of fans on here already talking about a possible home Championship game against the Bengals next week, and SB appearance after that.

Let's hope the team and the coaches aren't thinking like that. They have to be 100% focused on the upcoming 60 minutes of football against KC, lose that and there is no next week.

We also saw from yesterday's games, that the deciding factor was Special Teams, not the O or the D. Could this be the story again tonight, in another low-scoring game?

Oh FFS.  It doesn't matter what the fans want to think.  It has zero effect on the outcome of todays game.  Fans are fans.  Players are players.  Coaches are coaches. Unfortunately Refs are also refs.

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I don’t know Allen’s deep ball numbers in comparison to the test of the league, but it does seem like it has been his weakness. Passes that travel 40+ yards through the air.

Over the top doesn't mean just 40+ though.  

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I don’t know what to do with my day…or my hands.

9.5 hours until kickoff. 

Ahhhhhh!

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Afternoon update:

I went to make a Turkey sandwich and noticed we were out of pickled red onions. So I detoured to make another batch. After boiling everything I needed, I couldn't find red onions in the pantry, so I was stuck using white onions. I don’t know how those will turn out. But then when I opened the fridge, there were two half red onions. So I doubled back and also made another batch of pickled red onions. Both didn't have enough time to totally pickle, so neither are on my now made Turkey sandwich. But I have them for the future which is good.

Go bills!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.