(Rumored) Jim Harbaugh Reached out to Stephen Ross for Dolphins job

BuffaloBills1998

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/report-jim-harbaugh-reached-out-to-stephen-ross/amp/ as much as Ross says he doesn’t want to take Harbaugh away from his Alma Mater, I fully believe Ross will give Harbaugh a fat enough check IF he can’t get his hands on Brian. So far they interviewed Mike McDaniel and Vance Joseph and Kellen Moore. If Daboll goes to NJ, then Harbaugh might be going to Miami. Report also came out that Rhule wants the Michigan job if Harbaugh leaves

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wonder why harbaugh wants to go back to the NFL? He loves Michigan and finally got that team turned around.

Ross is from Michigan and is a booster. It does seem odd but after the low ball contract they gave him, I’m sure there’s bad blood. Plus Ross has history with Jim. Besides Brian this hire would make a lot of sense. Ross has been known to write fat checks. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ross gives Harbaugh a Jon Gruden like contract along with all the power and control

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wonder why harbaugh wants to go back to the NFL? He loves Michigan and finally got that team turned around.

Don't have to recruit in the NFL which I feel like is something Harbaugh would hate.. and the NFL in the pinnacle of the sport.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

As a Bills fan I welcome this. Old school run-first crap.

One has to wonder if Harbaugh is definitely the man in Miami, if that means all the reports about Ross and the FO forcing Tua on the next coach we’re bull####. Harbaugh wouldn’t be coming in for Tua. Big question mark for the QB position 

1 minute ago, Mc1320 said:

With all of these Coach/GM openings, the agents for these guys must be having a field day planting BS rumors with media slappys like Adam Shefter to try and leverage interest and money for their clients.

Call it a big reach, but I don’t think this rumor is BS. The Ross/ Michigan ties to this are strong. And because of what happened with Gase I can’t see Ross bringing in McDaniel. Other than Harbaugh there’s Brian and that’s really it. The rest are inexperienced and too much of a gamble. Ross wants to win now. Getting Jim definitely puts you in the right direction 

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Tua can hand off the ball.

Any QB can do that lol. But what I’m saying if they bring Harbaugh in and they pursue someone like Russell or Aaron( if he doesn’t retire that is)?

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not sure he got them turned around or simply benefitted from the large number of seniors that stuck around this year.  He has struggled with recruiting and his coaching has been weak and unimaginative.  I think most UM fans feel he's not a very good coach.  

Due to his ties and reputation, things would have to be really bad for him to be removed, the pay cut was needed and I think both sides feel the best thing is for him to move on.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

B.c in college that is as good as you are going to get. You will never really compete for a college championship. Why not do something where you can actually reach the end.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Because Harbaugh holds grudges and he had to take a pay cut last off-season. He didn’t have great options last year but after the year Michigan had he is a hot commodity and the embarrassment of the pay cut means more to him than his loyalty to Michigan. 

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

It helps that he's already proven he can do it too.... unlike some most college coaches.

Fixed it for ya!  College coaches who have never been NFL coaches previously invariably fail when they become NFL HCs.  I think that Jimmy Johnson might be the only successful collegiate HC who found success as a HC in the NFL since the merger.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Has he finally turned them around,  or did he finally beat his rival and win a big ten title for the first time in 6 tries? He knows how hard it is with the type of team he has and his recruiting is too far behind the annual playoff teams to do this consistently. I think he knows he has hit his ceiling there and is still bitter about the public pay cut he took this year. He has been trying to leave for the nfl for a couple years. Last year no one was interested. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Ross is from Michigan and is a booster. It does seem odd but after the low ball contract they gave him, I’m sure there’s bad blood. Plus Ross has history with Jim. Besides Brian this hire would make a lot of sense. Ross has been known to write fat checks. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ross gives Harbaugh a Jon Gruden like contract along with all the power and control

These owners down in Florida must be really super rich.  They are dishing out all this big money to College HCs.

9 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

With all of these Coach/GM openings, the agents for these guys must be having a field day planting BS rumors with media slappys like Adam Shefter to try and leverage interest and money for their clients.

That's not really how it works.   If this rumor is true, every team looking for a HC already knows it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.