Titans changing policy to limit opposing fans

JÂy RÛßeÒ

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow. Talk about a crybaby move. And they are screwing over any fans who want to sell tickets.

There's a difference between not doing it because you choose to and not doing it because you can't.

I don't see it.  If people are just buying Titans season tickets to sell them to visiting fans then good on the club* for trying to limit transfers.  

* as long as they keep the policy through next year and thin the list of people who just buy tickets to re-sell them.  

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I don't see it.  If people are just buying Titans season tickets to sell them to visiting fans then good on the club* for trying to limit transfers.  

* as long as they keep the policy through next year and thin the list of people who just buy tickets to re-sell them.  

People buy season tickets often knowing that they can make many of the games, but maybe they have a conflict for a couple of the games. Or they buy more tickets than they need for friends and family to come with them but that doesn't always work out, so they need to sell some tickets for some games.

It's not always because you are just trying to make money or are disloyal to your team.

Trying to manufacture a loyal fan base that doesn't sell their tickets is foolhardy. It's not who their fan base is and trying to force them to be that way is not going to work. They'll just have much fewer people willing to pay for season tickets.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

People buy season tickets often knowing that they can make many of the games, but maybe they have a conflict for a couple of the games. Or they buy more tickets than they need for friends and family to come with them but that doesn't always work out, so they need to sell some tickets for some games.

It's not always because you are just trying to make money or are disloyal to your team.

Trying to manufacture a loyal fan base that doesn't sell their tickets is foolhardy. It's not who their fan base is and trying to force them to be that way is not going to work. They'll just have much fewer people willing to pay for season tickets.

You're purposefully responding to just parts of my post to fit your opinions.  I said "If people are just buying Titans season tickets to sell them to visiting fans then good on the club* for trying to limit transfers. "

The Titans will know who buys tickets and just resells all of them.  I suspect/hope there is more to this than just trying to stop Bengals and Bills/KC fans from taking over their stadium.

I also said If you are one of the Bills fans that complains about Bills STH selling tickets then you should support this move.  I'm not one of those fans and like you I believe it's normal for people to need to sell a game or two.  I also fully plan on being in Nashville if the Bills end up playing there.

Edited by GottaRun
  • Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Would a VPN be a work around?

I think it would have to be a VPN that convinces Ticketmaster that it's in the future. 

Nissan Stadium, I think, is all ticketmaster - and when you have a single platform it's fairly easy to control when and when you can't sell 

I have no issue with it. I can sympathize with those who can't make the game and have to sell their tickets. In most instances that's not a high number. I would imagine it's season ticket holders buying them up and trying to make a profit off the tickets. 

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

https://apple.news/AQn4CqaEDSWWml2470Sz2ng

I can see the Bills fans grabbing any that are left after the 24hr rule. Just be a bit more expensive.

or

they have a half full stadium, no way this is because the Titans fans are mad they can't get a ticket.

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

This is so silly. Nashville is one of the top 10 transient cities in the US. No matter how good the Titans are, they'll be dependent on visiting fans to fill the stadium. Haven't small business owners and service industry workers been through enough the past 2 years without people making it tougher on them?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.