Jump to content

Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30


Process
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

Appoo I loooooovvve the Bengals.  I am not saying we had to play them, but I get your conclusion.

 

Respectfully to them, it just seems "right" that it should be Chiefs and Bills.  Now that said, oh boy I am pulling for the Bengals over the Titians because although we may have a better shot against the Titans I will not rule out the craziness of Rich Ralph High Era Stadium with a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the line.

 

Crap, am I not allowed to type that due to copyrights?

 

I mean, "with a chance to go the the NFL Championship game."

 

So glad the Titan/Bengal game is played first.  If the Bengals win it makes to Bills/Chiefs game even BIGGER.

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

Appoo I loooooovvve the Bengals.  I am not saying we had to play them, but I get your conclusion.

 

Respectfully to them, it just seems "right" that it should be Chiefs and Bills.  Now that said, oh boy I am pulling for the Bengals over the Titians because although we may have a better shot against the Titans I will not rule out the craziness of Rich Ralph High Era Stadium with a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the line.

 

Crap, am I not allowed to type that due to copyrights?

 

I mean, "with a chance to go the the NFL Championship game."

There is definitely something special about the Bills - Chiefs, and it deserves to be a trophy game. 

 

I'm glad I love football almost as much as I love the Bills though. Because on both sides, we have some great great football these last few weeks. 

 

If you squint hard, you can see the current Bengals having some similarities to the 1989 Bills, trying to get over the hump against the other big teams in that era of the Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Browns, etc

 

And that's just fun. This is gonna be a 3 way battle for the next 5 years, and I wouldn't bet against LJ bringing the Ravens back to prominence. And I love it. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

They are going to have to take a lot of chances and bring pressure.

 

Yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of what they need to do.  That is a recipe for big plays by KC.  It's not what the Bills D is about.

 

Pittsburgh needed to take that philosophy because their D is nowhere near what it used to be.  And they paid dearly, despite getting a couple of turnovers and a defensive TD.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, appoo said:

There is definitely something special about the Bills - Chiefs, and it deserves to be a trophy game. 

 

I'm glad I love football almost as much as I love the Bills though. Because on both sides, we have some great great football these last few weeks. 

 

If you squint hard, you can see the current Bengals having some similarities to the 1989 Bills, trying to get over the hump against the other big teams in that era of the Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Browns, etc

 

And that's just fun. This is gonna be a 3 way battle for the next 5 years, and I wouldn't bet against LJ bringing the Ravens back to prominence. And I love it. 

 

 

Darn it, Appoo, you forced me into a stat I wanted to save, but here goes...it is terrible logic, but still.

 

If the Bengals win on Saturday they should be rooting for the Bills to beat the Chiefs, even though they have already beaten the Chiefs this year.

 

Why?

 

In their entire 56 year history and their double digit playoff appearance years they have never made it to a Super Bowl without beating the Bills.

 

1981 Playoffs in the divisional round to make it to the Super Bowl against the Niners...

 

and

 

again in the 1988 season AFC Championship game to make it to the Super Bowl against...well...the Niners again.  

 

Niners are in the playoffs this year, too.

 

Weird.

 

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just twist it around.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe so....who knows, if the Chiefs name is changed, then I assume Braves also at some point.. But anyways....

FWIW, my cousins are half Oglala Lakota (Sioux). They didn’t like the term redskin, but were fine with Braves and Chiefs. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

Everyone knows the Bills defense is very good but the metrics are misleading for a number of reasons, specially the amount of rookie/backup QB's this team has faced through the course of the year.

 

Conversely you can say the same about the Chiefs as well considering how they stacked good games in the 2nd half of the season against a lot of poor matchups.

 

But at end of the day, anyone expecting the Bills defense to come close to replicating what they did in October or last week is kidding themselves. Wallace and Jackson are going to get picked and exposed big time like they did against Brady and the Bucs but the question is whether or not Allen and the offense can come close to having the performance they did against Patriots on the road against a much different team and QB.

 

You love DVOA . Of course you only bring it up when it suits you... Bills defense ranks #1 in total DVOA and #1 in passing DVOA.  Now go climb back in your hole troll.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

 

 

Darn it, Appoo, you forced me into a stat I wanted to save, but here goes...it is terrible logic, but still.

 

If the Bengals win on Saturday they should be rooting for the Bills to beat the Chiefs, even though they have already beaten the Chiefs this year.

 

Why?

 

In their entire 56 year history and their double digit playoff appearance years they have never made it to a Super Bowl without beating the Bills.

 

1981 Playoffs in the divisional round to make it to the Super Bowl against the Niners...

 

and

 

again in the 1988 season AFC Championship game to make it to the Super Bowl against...well...the Niners again.  

 

Niners are in the playoffs this year, too.

 

Weird.

 

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just twist it around.

+1 for arcane stats

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Saw this in some of the coverage for the upcoming game and it made me think, this is a terrible analogy.

 

People like/enjoy cake, hell some people love it I guess, but people don't need cake.

 

If the Chiefs are a team that's like "Yes I'd enjoy a second piece of cake." the Bills are a man dying of thirst that sees a glass of water.

 

It was Andy Reid's analogy - what do you expect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

You love DVOA so... Bills defense ranks #1 in total DVOA and #1 in passing DVOA.  Now go climb back in your hole troll.

Also, it is literally impossible for a metric to mislead you. You can mislead yourself by using a metric in a vacuum. No one who does analytics will ever rely on any single metric to pass judgement on something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

How so? Are you saying the game will be less important if the Titans won?😕

 

Yes.  I personally think that if the Titans lose, Bills and Chiefs coaches/players/fans will know the winner hosts the AFCCG.

How could anyone not want that!

 

I may have to fly into Buffalo (even if I don't go to the game) to share the experience with family and friends. 

Now that I'm retired I just might stick around for the Super Bowl if things worked out the way we all hope.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

How so? Are you saying the game will be less important if the Titans won?😕

Obviously bigger in the sense that a victory over Rat Face and Co. would mean a home AFC championship game. (But you know this.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without question, I would want another home game to travel to and it would be special for the fans that live there. But, it would be sweet to travel to Nashville and beat the over-rated Titans. Literally had them earlier if Josh didn't slip on the 1.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, eball said:

 

Yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of what they need to do.  That is a recipe for big plays by KC.  It's not what the Bills D is about.

 

Pittsburgh needed to take that philosophy because their D is nowhere near what it used to be.  And they paid dearly, despite getting a couple of turnovers and a defensive TD.

 

Agree to disagree but it you think dropping in coverage with the likes of Jackson and Wallace is going to stop Mahomes and the Chiefs from doing whatever they want that not sure what to tell you.

 

And speaking of Pittsburgh, we don't have anything close to a Watt or Hayward on our defensive line. Yes our rotational methodology has played better in recent weeks but it speaks volumes of how good Mahomes and KC's offense is in that they struggled early and turned the ball over several times yet still went on a 35-0 tear against the Steelers defense in  less than a quarter worth of game time.

 

In the back of mind I'm very concerned that they will do something similar to the Bills because that's exactly what happened in the AFCCG last year despite the Bills taking a 9-0 lead KC scored 3 consecutive TD's at will in the 2nd quarter and that was essentially the game.

 

But again, it goes back to Allen and this offense looking drastically different than they did last year in the AFCCG and scoring TD's pretty much every drive to keep pace and have a shot to keep the game close and steal it in the 4th quarter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...