Kyle Brandt mid game tweets

Virgil

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Uh, no. 

The very first NE SB winning team was loaded with mid priced free agents.  Not a lot of big names but he singed lots of veterans to that team.  

The Pats always went hunting in the middle of free agency for the most part. But this off-season they went crazy on larger contracts like I haven't seen them do before. The Pats signed 4 players on contracts that average over 10 million aav and signed Trent Brown to a one year deal at 11 million. On top of that they signed another 4 players to contracts above 6 million aav for multiple seasons. 

I think Billy B realized that he likely was going to have a rookie QB for the next several seasons and thus will have a lot of flexibility to bring on a bunch of mercenaries. While I don't think they can or will do another big time spending spree I wouldn't be shocked to see them trying to add a dynamic WR piece to help Mac and then draft up the defense to get younger and try and take another run with Jones this season hoping a year and a better WR1 will help. I don't foresee this plan working in terms of making deep playoff runs. But I do think the Pats should be a competitive 10ish win team with Mac Jones and a solid offensive supporting cast and a good defense and ST attack. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/16/2022 at 12:09 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Josh is head and shoulders above Jones, I won’t argue that. If Jones had played better the Pats could have hung around for a little while instead of getting runoff the field by halftime.

Maybe a hot take but I thought mac played pretty well.  Pats dropped a couple wide open catches and he threw a nice ball that Hyde made a ridiculous play on.  Made a few nice plays with his legs too and threw a couple clutch dimes on 3rd and 4th down 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

47 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe a hot take but I thought mac played pretty well.  Pats dropped a couple wide open catches and he threw a nice ball that Hyde made a ridiculous play on.  Made a few nice plays with his legs too and threw a couple clutch dimes on 3rd and 4th down 

I agree the drops hurt him, but still, before they got down 33-3, he was 11-18, 116 yards, two picks, with a passer rating of 40.3. In garbage time, after getting down 33-3, against a second string defense, he was 13-20, 116 yards, 2 TDs, and a 113 rating. 

In no way was he responsible for his team’s worst defensive game in league history, but he was never close to being part of the solution, either. He’s a good young QB who displays a high aptitude for the game, but I just can’t agree he played all that well on Saturday. But man, I’ve never seen a QB get so many accolades for an intercepted ball and a decent scramble to keep a drive alive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just heard Kyle's take on the Cowboys from his One Bills Live appearance today.  If you haven't heard it already, it's fantastic and so on-point.  Basically points out that since the 90's they've never even been to a conference title game which I hadn't realized.  And all the shine and fluff around them is all crap, to paraphrase.  Love Kyle Brandt.  For someone who makes a living having to talk nice about all 32 teams to some degree or another, he really seems to be a Bills fan.  He's pretty passionate about our team.  Was even at the game Saturday wearing a Tasker jersey but had "MIGHT BE CHILLY" on the back.  Just awesome.

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I agree. It all seems a bit fake to me.

He was actually pretty chill and down to earth.  Very humble.  You could tell that he was genuinely taking in the moment all night.  His wife was chill too.  I was on the field with them and watched the game in the box with him/Bills alum.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I agree the drops hurt him, but still, before they got down 33-3, he was 11-18, 116 yards, two picks, with a passer rating of 40.3. In garbage time, after getting down 33-3, against a second string defense, he was 13-20, 116 yards, 2 TDs, and a 113 rating. 

In no way was he responsible for his team’s worst defensive game in league history, but he was never close to being part of the solution, either. He’s a good young QB who displays a high aptitude for the game, but I just can’t agree he played all that well on Saturday. But man, I’ve never seen a QB get so many accolades for an intercepted ball and a decent scramble to keep a drive alive. 

Yep can’t argue there lol I guess a better way to rephrase my post would be ‘I thought he’d be worse’

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Well Duh 

he was an actor on a Soap Opera 

bobby-singer-idjits.gif

I grew up on that soap opera! Jokes aside I think it's great we have national media dudes who love our team, it will help younger people outside of buffalo become bills fans, I'm from Oregon and have no connection to buffalo, but I started loving them because of Chris Berman always talking about the bills circling the wagon when I was little and now I've followed the team for over 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.