Kyle Brandt mid game tweets

Virgil

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Why is someone a lesser Bills fan because they don't like a particular media personality? That logic is utterly bizarre. 

For my part, those tweets are awesome. Spot on. He should do more tweeting and fewer lame hype segments.

I don't disagree with Kyle Brandt. I just don't find him in the least bit funny. When he is being factual he's fine.

Yes and you need to post it in every thread that has his tweets in it... as if you really need to let everyone know you don't like him. 

Edited by TBBills

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yes and you need to post it in every thread that has his tweets in it... as if you really need to let everyone know you don't like him. 

Not at all. I only replied in this thread 'cos I saw another of your passive aggressive digs. Or else I'd have happily let it slide.

I can't understand why you think you are the divine authority on what other people should enjoy / find funny in order to support their fanhood? And if it was "you must enjoy the team winning" that would be one thing... but you decide our fanhood should be determined by whether we find media personalities funny. It's odd in the extreme.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not at all. I only replied in this thread 'cos I saw another of your passive aggressive digs. Or else I'd have happily let it slide.

I can't understand why you think you are the divine authority on what other people should enjoy / find funny in order to support their fanhood? And if it was "you must enjoy the team winning" that would be one thing... but you decide our fanhood should be determined by whether we find media personalities funny. It's odd in the extreme.

Yea yea sure

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

In fairness, BB did very well to get as far as he did with what he has at QB.

But you aren't gonna be more than "1 and done" with a guy like Jones as Bills fans know all too well.

He's another Tyrod or so many other guys floating around this league and you just can't win with guys like that when you play a team with a REAL QB.

For once we are on the right side of the equation!

Couldn’t agree more. As Bills fans we are experts on mediocre QB play. Pats fans are still adjusting to it. They hold onto the few good throws Jones makes and think he will get to a place where those will be the throws he always makes. We lived in denial for 20 years. I hope the Pats get that same experience, they are off to a good start with Cam and now Jones. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No Jay is with me in the small minority that does not find Kyle funny. However, the tweets are pretty cool from my perspective. 

Funny has very little to do it. 

He’s an entertainer who is bringing even more National attention to the Bills 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Funny has very little to do it. 

He’s an entertainer who is bringing even more National attention to the Bills 

Except to some of us he isn't very entertaining. It isn't personal. When he is serious I think he talks sense. But the comedy stuff is cringeworthy.

I don’t know I wouldn’t call myself a Gil fan But I laugh at a lot of stuff

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No Jay is with me in the small minority that does not find Kyle funny. However, the tweets are pretty cool from my perspective. 

I laugh at a lot of stuff I love the top gun references but I also love cobra Kai which is similar in humor

10 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Cmon Virg

WOW that guy who ever he is needs to be banned as a Bills fan how can you not dig Kyle ?

He has been a Bills fan and billeives like we all do & for him (Kyle) to fly to a game in OP to see & be with the Bills Mafia shows just how much he digs the Bills & what they are doing !

I think that person is a dolt .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

The only time they went out and got an elite WR was for Randy Moss, who looked done with the Raiders and the Pats got him cheap because of it.  I think BillyB has followed Bill Parcells view that WRs aren’t worth spending big on because they only make a few plays a game.  He prefers grabbing from the discount bin to get the likes of Bourne, Myers and Algholor.  They did spend a 1st round pick on N’Keal Harry but he’s been pretty much a bust so far.

Billy B never spent big on free agency until last off-season. He also didn't go to the discount bin for Bourne and Algholor. Algholor was signed to a deal giving him 13 million a season and Bourne was given just over 7 million a season. Granted Algholor was a bust and Bourne turned out good (so mixed results) but the point is that the Pats have been acting out of character this past off-season and I think that Billy B is going to try and take advantage of having a QB on a rookie deal. The Pats will have about 40-50 million in cap space going into the off-season with 45ish players on the roster. They can likely resign JC Jackson and one or two of their other veteran players while still having enough money left over for rookies/emergencies and for a significant acquisition. 

That's enough to go "big game hunting" either via trade or via free agency. Looking at the 2022 free agency class and I am seeing a some quality WR's on the market. Devante Adams leads the class but I think he follows Rodgers but after Adams there are still some very good WR's on the market. Godwin, Mike Williams, Allen Robinson and Odell (although I don't think Odell wants to play with such a young QB nor does he fit with the culture/team) not sure where else they can go via trade but I could see the Pats trying to go after Godwin/Williams/Robinson to give Mac Jones some more fire power on the outside. 

Looking at the Pats I think they go the route of using the draft to sure up the foundation of the defense and adding an injection of talent at WR via free agency to try and make another run with Jones on his rookie deal. Will it work? I don't think so but if they have any hope of competing that's what they need to do.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Except to some of us he isn't very entertaining. It isn't personal. When he is serious I think he talks sense. But the comedy stuff is cringeworthy.

Absolutely agree.  Obviously, I am in the minority here, but the Angry Run stuff was good for about half a year but now it's just a schtick an extremely tired schtick at that.   Just because he says nice things about the Bills doesn't mean everyone has to think he is entertaining.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Yea yea sure

You just hate it when media people say mean words about Buffalo and take it personal. So now this unfunny Bears fan is saying fun words about the team you cheer for you’re all jacked up and feel special.

it’s ok man. We can all feel different things and say different words.

3 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Absolutely agree.  Obviously, I am in the minority here, but the Angry Run stuff was good for about half a year but now it's just a schtick an extremely tired schtick at that.   Just because he says nice things about the Bills doesn't mean everyone has to think he is entertaining.

Just be careful because we have sensitive people here who need to defend Bears fan Brandt.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No.  He hates Kyle 

look at the thread I linked 

I actually don’t hate Kyle. When he’s being normal he’s fine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

I guess I am in the neutral category. I like him, but I do think some of his stuff isn't funny. I like hearing him come on One Bills Live each week. When he is just talking football and not acting crazy, I like him a lot more.

But I also don't think it is odd or bad that a lot of Bills fans like everything he does. It makes sense.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I actually don’t hate Kyle. When he’s being normal he’s fine. 

I have nothing against him showing angry runs - that's fun. It's the bit where he pretends he's about to have a heart attack every week that I find extremely cringeworthy and clearly fake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

I have nothing against him showing angry runs - that's fun. It's the bit where he pretends he's about to have a heart attack every week that I find extremely cringeworthy and clearly fake.

I gave you thumbs up because @TBBillsgave a thumbs down. Cause he hates his life.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.