Why so many tickets left?

out

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

This type of cold is rare to line up with a game....but will cause a lot of dome talk.   All we need is a gofundme to raise a billion and it can probably happen.

I believe the GoFundMe is called taxes, couldn't find the link though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

The dome talk is nonsense. Imagine them sticking a dome over Lambeau? It’s embarrassing. These south and dome teams come up to Buffalo and don’t know what hit them. It’s removing an unmatched advantage.

Except for these few facts.

Most players grew up playing in warm weather and or domes their entire lives. Especially in college. 

The bills practice in a heated field house when the weather turns

The Bills players Josh Allen, Thurman Thomas etc themselves admitted that they hate playing in this kind of weather just as much as the other team.

The home field weather advantage has always been a myth that the fans drove.

I love how fans say don't be a wimp, football is meant for the elements, yet they are not the ones putting their bodies through a beating for 3 hours.

Okay tough guy, go stand outside for an hour in sub zero temps, then im going to run you over a few times and see how long you last before giving up. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

“Sanity” is not to be found in the lexicon of Western New York warriors who seek gridiron immortality. An alleged defender of Snow Sparta who expects the glory and the sundry spoils of war, yet who is also unwilling to shed one’s own figurative blood (or frozen extremities, in this literal instance)?? Like…seriously, brah?! The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo have no use for such football freeloaders. This subtly hijacked pro-dome thread is an affront to their very EXISTENCE.

Pray tell, BillsFanInSB: are you a spiritual soldier of the winter? When the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo divinely whisper their commands to you as you await your lithium prescription renewal, do you not listen? Understand that I myself am but a simple warrior princess of the Queen City, a deeply traumatized child of The Drought Era, a scholar of Buffalo Bills history, and an acolyte of the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo. I am incapable of much discernment beyond the fact that I love my Bills and that my hatred of all things New England Patriots flows naturally through my bloodied veins like a beau fleuve into a great lake. For the life and death of me, I cannot perceive a situation where I would dare question attending the first full-house home playoff game in 25 years within the palatial confines of Highmark Stadium, no matter the temperature or wind speed or precipitation, IF in fact this is what the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo decree.

Oh, and decree they do! While the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo do not normally request much from the caretakers of their homeland, they do politely ask that the 1963 AFL Divisional playoff game and the 46-77-1 lifetime record against the Patriots (and 4-34 from 2001-2019, mind you…mostly due to their cheating) be avenged.

No no…scratch that…they DEMAND approximately 3 to 4 hours tomorrow night of unadulterated, unapologetic, poetically cathartic, and borderline erotic violence inflicted onto the invaders from the Eastern Lands who annoyingly pronounce “er” and “ar” with “ah.”

So drop the pie-in-the-sky dome drivel and go purchase a playoff ticket. Help the team win! Be loud and start talkin’ proud, talkin’ proud. Kick up your heels! Throw back your hands! Shout! Get dangerously drunk in the parking lot. Jump through a folding table. Smuggle a giant Billdo projectile past security. Physically assault a Patriots fan innocently seated nearby. Push back any concerns of extremity necrosis to the following afternoon. Break off your blackened toe and hurl it onto the field if the otherwise well-intentioned security folks managed to abscond your smuggled Billdo. In other words, BE A REAL FAN OF BUFFALO BILLS FOOTBALL because this ain’t no mother@*king jaunt to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and this sure as sh!t ain’t no sojourn in a Wegmans grocery store.

Oh…what’s that you say? You are now among the more seasoned Bills Mafia warriors with greater priorities beyond watching pro football in situ?? Ha! Sports and career, work and play, family and bachelorhood/cat lady status, life and death…artificial distinctions to the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo. False constructs from mortals who can only hopelessly endeavor to attain ethereal gridiron omniscience. Is a folding table not a structure over which to studiously peruse Buffalo Bills history books, as much as it can also be a landing spot for a fiery drunken dive at a tailgating lot? Is a King Kong-sized vibrating marital aid device not a dependable bookend for said Buffalo Bills history books, as much as it can also be a sophomorically hilarious projectile aimed at Coach Belichick’s stupid head tomorrow night?

FACTS: There can be no more honorable ending for a veteran Bills Mafia warrior than to freeze to death at a Bills game, with you and yours locked together in icy harmony. “Thank you so much for your football fan service,” might declare the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo, “but this brisk night of January 15, 2022 is appropriate time for your brisk retirement to eternity.” Hallmark Stadium: the idyllically frigid wintry Logan’s Run Carousel of Western NY. For the greater good of Snow Sparta! Praise be to the Pro Football Gods of Buffalo! Woohoo!!!

Sooooo…..um….yeah. Buy or buy not. The Pro Football Gods of Buffalo impatiently await your final decision on tomorrow’s playoff tickets. They do not need the particulars of your excuses. They do not care about your stance on vaccination policies. They do not seek a signed medical note explaining why you’re too physically disgraceful/old to be out in cold weather.

But do remember that Buffalo pro football immortality is on the line! You shall have plenty of time later to stay warm during the cremation process that your dear family members have planned for your corporeal remnants. And yes, I am bathing in a tub filled with ice cubes as I condescendingly type this. Such is the proper way for a true soldato of Bills Mafia to purify one’s body and mentally prepare for the treacherous NFL playoff road ahead. Go Bills!!! Is it Saturday night yet??!!

Summary for the TLDR ADHD crowd, in meme form:

CKA-68.jpg

Apparently the Ultimate Warrior is alive and well after all...

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm still recovering from the dome=no more tailgating comment from Steve Tasker yesterday

You can tell the Pegulas want to move away from tailgating anyway. More family friendly zones where they can sell you food and drinks instead of the lots. Their original questionnaire was pretty heavy on this idea. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You can tell the Pegulas want to move away from tailgating anyway. More family friendly zones where they can sell you food and drinks instead of the lots. Their original questionnaire was pretty heavy on this idea. 

They tried this with the Sabres too when they first took over, and it killed the atmosphere in the arena. And then the being bad happened and it made matters worse.

Sporting events with all due respect are not family friendly events.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Except for these few facts.

Most players grew up playing in warm weather and or domes their entire lives. Especially in college. 

The bills practice in a heated field house when the weather turns

The Bills players Josh Allen, Thurman Thomas etc themselves admitted that they hate playing in this kind of weather just as much as the other team.

The home field weather advantage has always been a myth that the fans drove.

I love how fans say don't be a wimp, football is meant for the elements, yet they are not the ones putting their bodies through a beating for 3 hours.

Okay tough guy, go stand outside for an hour in sub zero temps, then im going to run you over a few times and see how long you last before giving up. 

Especially now that Josh has said he has circulation issues on top of his existing difficulties with holding the ball.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Many Bills fans probably don't know the Bills had trouble selling out home playoff games in the 90s. 

there were 80K seats back then and most were sold out or very close. Some just didn't make the blackout deadline but still sold out

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I just hope Patriot fans don't show up in force. But I'll tell ya... I will NEVER go to a game this cold! Aside from TV being just generally better viewing in my opinion, living in Hawaii has wildly thinned out my blood.

Sometimes the annual early October home game I try to make is too cold!

Boston media loves mocking Bills Mafia for cheap tickets but it's not like there's a bunch of Pats fans making the trip. There are often thousands of Pats fans when they play in Buffalo. I'd be curious to see how many of their fans will be there Saturday. Not many, I bet.  I guess that's the silver lining. On one side more less-well-off Bills fans will get the chance to attend a playoff game, on the other there will be few if any opposing fans in our house.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

No. Absolutely not lol. Tickets are moving. There were over 5,000 on Stubhub two days ago. This morning there are 2,800. It will be pretty much full. 

Prices are actually trending up. They bottomed out at $29 yesterday. Now back up to $40. People are buying. The stadium will look full. There might be a few pockets of unsold seats. Hopefully it will be 100% BillsMafia. #NoPatsFans

• Like (+1) 1

I guess it doesn't matter, the NFL can write their own ticket so far as TV ratings but....how did our game get made the Saturday night game? Is two east coast teams that have already played twice an interesting match up for the rest of the country??? (I have a similar argument for the Monday night game)

I feel like we should have been Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Raiders/Bengals, 49ers/Cowboys, and Steelers/Chiefs all strike me as more interesting games to the workaday fan, and better for primetime.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am honestly over the age of 50.

Everything aches.

Everything is too loud for me.

I am always cold without my shawl, even in August.

And I always seem to be waiting for my soup.

I don't need the age shaming or cancel culture that IS the early 21st century machinations.  

I have my rights, too!

...now why the hell is the window open?!

And stay off my yard!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

personally Not having a dome is just dumb...   first you have an explosive office that can be limited by weather how much better would Josh's stats be if he had nice weather for all 8 home games, 2nd like others have mentioned use of said facility year round...   Third sorry but not a freaking chance I'm going to a game this cold...   58 years of dealing with cold and I'm over it.  I'll be screaming a cheering from my home theater though. :)  

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am neutral, I go when its cold, I go when its hot.

But the number of fans staying at home is surprising to me..

I am an anti-domer and I wouldn't be caught dead at a game with temps below the 40s.

43 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Boston media loves mocking Bills Mafia for cheap tickets but it's not like there's a bunch of Pats fans making the trip. There are often thousands of Pats fans when they play in Buffalo. I'd be curious to see how many of their fans will be there Saturday. Not many, I bet.  I guess that's the silver lining. On one side more less-well-off Bills fans will get the chance to attend a playoff game, on the other there will be few if any opposing fans in our house.

even the MNF game week 13, there were a lot less Pats fans at the Ralph than there were in the Brady years.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.