most underrated move by Beane during his time here

dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I gotta go with flipping Cordy Glenn and the #22 pick for Cincy's #12 pick before the 2018 draft. That was highway robbery and the single most important reason they were able to get Allen.

That’s gonna be tough to top…you’ve set the bar high lol I don’t think cordy has even played in years 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I gotta go with flipping Cordy Glenn and the #22 pick for Cincy's #12 pick before the 2018 draft. That was highway robbery and the single most important reason they were able to get Allen.

Tyrod Taylor for a 3rd.

But that is basically Glenn for a high 2nd round pick, low 1st. Tough to beat indeed.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tyrod Taylor for a 3rd.

But that is basically Glenn for a high 2nd round pick, low 1st. Tough to beat indeed.

Not bad for second place…we still could’ve used Tyrod though as peterman was absolute dogsh*t and it led to us forcing our rookie qb into action on a terrible roster earlier than planned.  I feel like cordy was completely expendable when we traded him.

• Like (+1) 1

Who gets credit for Poyer?  Hyde was a great signing but he was a known quantity. They signed on the same day.  Poyer was an afterthought for some. I watched a lot of OSU football due to my in-laws and was always impressed with the kid.  Now he’s him. 

Yes, i realize Beane was hired 2 months after Poyer was signed. But what a great signing. 4 years 13M

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ll go with a topical one.

How about NOT giving Shaq Lawson or Jordan Phillips huge deals after they had good seasons for the Bills?

Shaq got a huge contract, then did nothing. Same with Phillips. Beane saw that coming when a lot of posters on this site were calling for his head for not re-signing those two.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Not bad for second place…we still could’ve used Tyrod though as peterman was absolute dogsh*t and it led to us forcing our rookie qb into action on a terrible roster earlier than planned.  I feel like cordy was completely expendable when we traded him.

True but that pick was used as ammo to move up and get Edmunds after already securing Josh, so the long term gains outweigh the short term pains

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree, you don't really ever hear this spoken about much.  

I will add one more to it that involves this as well...Beane trading up to get Allen while possesing 2 first round picks and not having to give up the 2nd first rounder.  

I never imagined we would get up to 7 in that draft and still have a 2nd first round pick still that year.  

Honorable mention:  Same draft year...getting the first pick in the 3rd round for Tyrod Taylor from Cleveland.  Blew my mind someone gave us such a premium pick for a guy everyone knew we were likely going to cut.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

oh my. 

an invite for a lot of flack

I wish I could visit the alternate universe where we have someone other than edmunds starting at mlb in mcdermotts scheme lol it’s a darned near impossible position to play…he asks so much of his linebackers so that he has more options to disguise coverages with dbs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.