most underrated move by Beane during his time here

dave mcbride

How about Cole Beasley? At the time NE was also interested and still had Brady too. He really helped Josh year as being an incredibly reliable target that made a ton of big catches and virtually never dropped anything. Following year (2020) they were an unstoppable connection that was praised as much. Additionally if he goes to NE maybe he is the piece that keeps Brady there as he has a solid target again.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:17 PM, Doc said:

I'm assuming you're being facetious.

Good question.  We're going on year 4 now. 

No, I’m not kidding, rolling with Peterman and Allen is/was one of the worst cases of roster management one could make.  Tyrod wasn’t the answer, but he was/is a fringe starter and they went into the season with zero starting reps at the most crucial position in the game.  Even McCarron had next to nothing, that was stupid. 

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

No, I’m not kidding, rolling with Peterman and Allen is/was one of the worst cases of roster management one could make.  Tyrod wasn’t the answer, but he was/is a fringe starter and they went into the season with zero starting reps at the most crucial position in the game.  Even McCarron had next to nothing, that was stupid. 

Eh, they were offered a 3rd round pick for a guy they no longer wanted.  And ultimately it worked out fine.  If Josh had turned out like Mayfield or Darnold, I could see the criticism. 

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His second round work has been consistent with every other Bills GM..........the only time they seem to nail round 2 is when they don't have a pick in round 1.........which I think is because they get carried away drafting for need when it's much too early to start doing that.

Well, one huge miss was when we drafted Roscoe Parrish in round 2. He was our first pick that year and he looked as if he weighed 160 pounds. We traded away our first round pick in the previous year in order to draft Losman. I remember reading that one day Parrish left his house, saw snow, and went running back inside, horrified. I don't remember which rocket scientist was our GM at the time. 

Young Bills Fans just don't know how much we suffered lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Drafting Dawkins and solidifying the Left side for years to come.

Dawkins was drafted in 2017, i.e. 2 drafts before Beane arrived.

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think Spencer Brown in the 3rd has the potential to be a franchise LT, or at least a/the top RT, w/ his athleticism. Might have gotten a guy who when looking back people would have taken top 3-5. 

I'm not sure he's LT material.  He'll be a terrific RT though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Dawkins was drafted in 2017, i.e. 2 drafts before Beane arrived.

I'm not sure he's LT material.  He'll be a terrific RT though.

I said LT mostly based off his RAS being the best since they started tracking it in the 1980s. Can’t remember how well he fared when he played LT earlier this season. 

May be a moot point if Dawkins continues his general level of play he has shown during his NFL career. 

26 minutes ago, wjag said:

Dumping Watson and Dareus

Very early in the rebuild plan, they obviously identified a whole bunch of people they thought were dead weight, and got rid of them all at once.  Yes, that included Sammy Watkins and Marcell Dareus.  

And boy did folks here HATE IT at the time!  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.