Bears request permission to interview Frazier

Process

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’d 100% trade Frazier for two third round picks. 

Third round draft picks don't often become difference-making players.

Frazier has been a difference making coach.  It's hard to know how much was him - and how much was McD - but the two of them transformed a mediocre defense into the best defense in the league.   One of the reasons free agents now want to come here is Frazier.  

Forget the draft picks, I want Leslie.  

But if he does get a HC gig, I wish him well.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

If a minority coach is hired away to become a head coach elsewhere, the team from which he is hired gets the picks.

Just a minority coach? Seems very unfair to possible minority coaches as teams might not want to take the 2 draft picks hit by hiring a minority. Seems very unfair frankly..   

8 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Just a minority coach? Seems very unfair to possible minority coaches as teams might not want to take the 2 draft picks hit by hiring a minority. Seems very unfair frankly..   

I don’t think the picks come from the team that signs him.  I believe they are comp picks at the end of the round.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

According to the majority here, Daboll craps the bed most weeks... 

Daboll is awesome. I just thought there was some weird rule about it. Maybe, interviews?

Either way, it does seem annoying teams are allowed to do this while another team is still playing. 

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Majority no?  Just a vocal group who have personal experience crapping the bed.  Some have naturally dyed yellow pants too.

Do you read the game thread? Not much love for him there... have rarely seen a bigger case where someone gets 1 percent of the credit when they win and 99 percent of the blame when they lose...

8 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I love what Leslie Frazier has done for our defense, and I'm sure he's an outstanding coach

But any team that hires him isn't exactly firing up their fanbase and with a young QB needing to be developed, it's hard to see the Bears, or many other teams choosing him as head coach

Fanbases don't win games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.