Bills fans complaining about coaching...

Dopey

Much more to it than that too. We had a D that played some ridiculously good games. That helped the offense a ton. If the D was middle of the road the offensive stats would have been impacted by that and fallen. This offense did not play well for large stretches of games. They were very inconsistent. They get it right for the playoffs then this team is hard to beat. 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

They score in bunches.

Fans would rather it be a bit more… consistent.

What does this mean? Should we score 7 points each quarter? The goal is to score more than your opponent. Who cares if it comes in bunches or not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

According to Pro Football Reference, we've scored the 3rd most points of ANY team in the league!! 3rd guys, 3rd!

What the hell are any of you complaining about?!? What more do you want?!?

While I'm at it, we're #1 in points against and won back to back AFCE CHAMPS!

IMO,  any complainer(you know who you are) is a dumb@$$!; Again, JMO.

Phew, that felt good!

Biggest thing to remember is most fans only analyze their own team. They aren't really comparing all the coaches and players in the league. 

Bills coaches have flaws, but how are they compared to the league? That's how I try to analyze. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

According to Pro Football Reference, we've scored the 3rd most points of ANY team in the league!! 3rd guys, 3rd!

What the hell are any of you complaining about?!? What more do you want?!?

While I'm at it, we're #1 in points against and won back to back AFCE CHAMPS!

IMO,  any complainer(you know who you are) is a dumb@$$!; Again, JMO.

Phew, that felt good!

They have scored more points than any other AFC team and allowed fewer points than any other AFC team.  A season is an emotional roller coaster, so I understand fan frustration.  The Bills are a well coached team though.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure this was such a great post you had to spin it off into it's own thread. But I'll reply with the same thing I did in the other thread...

Consistency.

Just because the total points scored is high, it doesnt say anything about the pace or deviation of how those points were put up.

This offense seems so feast or famine. We are either rolling, or putting on a clown show, no in between. A big part of that is bad game plans and play-calling and not allowing our O to play to its strengths or develop a rhythm.

Yay! We hung 40 and 43 on the likes of Houston and Washington, but couldnt muster 1 FG per Quarter to beat the Jags.

Great season, not taking that away. But there is always room for improvement. Especially when talking about the difference between a Playoff team and a Super Bowl Championship team.

• Like (+1) 1

Millennium Stockholm Syndrome victim believes the Goal is making the Playoffs! 🙄

NOOOOO... it is getting the #1 Seed, to get a bye, and play only 2 at Home games, before going to and winning the SB!

FUBARing the Steelers, Colts, and Cheatriots- AT HOME, let alone that impossibly embarrassing L at Jax, finished that off!

who you gonna call?

THOSE GAME PLANNING AND DECISION MAKING THROUGHOUT!

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The tolls come out in the game day thread as soon as there's a hint of frustration. 

And there's a lot of them.

Tolls huh?

And then the trolls come out in threads like this saying "I told you so" with all the rah-rah kool-aid krap.

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Non stop whining as we roll into the playoffs again. What a bunch of…

The general atmosphere at this forum is utterly toxic.  Makes you wonder who your typical Bills fan is!  

I know lots of Bills fans who straight up won't interact here b/c it makes them feel dirty.

• Agree 1

I mean, the first mistake here is taking anything said in the gameday thread seriously, or as a representation of "Bills Fans".

Emotions are high during the game. Passing statements made in frustration that you'd say to your buddy and then both move on, don't translate as well into forum posts. We've all bitched about stuff during games only to be proven wrong the next play and act like "I've always liked that guy!". It's part of the fun of gameday.

The gameday threads close immediately for a reason. Leave them behind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The general atmosphere at this forum is utterly toxic.  Makes you wonder who your typical Bills fan is!  

I know lots of Bills fans who straight up won't interact here b/c it makes them feel dirty.

no you don't.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Tolls huh?

And then the trolls come out in threads like this saying "I told you so" with all the rah-rah kool-aid krap.

God forbid people act like "fans" of a team and city they purport to love.

Better to retain skepticism and exude disdain, am I right?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I really hope the Bills make a sound decision regarding the punting game. Better believe that Belichick sees this as a weakness and will scheme some type of opportunity to exploit it

Like having K Neal Harry return punts for the first time all season in the windiest game in a decade?  Gave Mckenzie another shot.  I think Stevenson is better at fielding the kick.  If a punt returner isnt going to catch it in the air give me Hyde deep.  

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Like having K Neal Harry return punts for the first time all season in the windiest game in a decade?  Gave Mckenzie another shot.  I think Stevenson is better at fielding the kick.  If a punt returner isnt going to catch it in the air give me Hyde deep.  

It should be Hyde back for all kicks now that we are in the playoffs. He has the best hands and the best decision making. I dont care about the other guys' speed. Can't have costly mistakes on STs in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It should be Hyde back for all kicks now that we are in the playoffs. He has the best hands and the best decision making. I dont care about the other guys' speed. Can't have costly mistakes on STs in the playoffs.

I've been supporting McKenzie since his initial benching.  But at this point, I have to agree with you.  Kid's got the yips and now is not the time to let him play through it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

My problem with coaching yesterday was them continuing to prance Matt Haack out there to punt. I’d rather them prance Stevenson out there and having Josh throw up a deep 50/50 type pass. Probably had better results 😎

Leave Josh out there and have him pooch punt it. Could not have been worse than Haack yesterday.

Just now, Gugny said:

I've been supporting McKenzie since his initial benching.  But at this point, I have to agree with you.  Kid's got the yips and now is not the time to let him play through it.

Even Hyde said in the postgame that the wind was as bad as the first NE game, and the ball moves a lot while in the air, and he was not about to catch it on the fly. He even said "I was not about that life today" to use the parlance of our times.

Which to me, directly illustrates the better decision making and situational awareness he brings over McKenzie and Stevenson. Both of which feel the need to catch it and make a return in order to "prove themselves". Clouds their decision making, when the best play is to let it bounce and make sure no other Bills touch it.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.