Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo.  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mindset. Are you worried?

• Hell No! The Bills own the East!!!
    • Belicheat & Jones should be feared

There is a higher chance we don't play the Patriots then we do

Also the thread title is embarrassing

Yes I am worried about a much less talented team with a rookie noodle arm QB coming to Buffalo and beating us in the playoffs

Not as worried as I was about the Ravens last year, but still scary!

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

There should be some more options. I don't fear the Patriots and I feel the BIlls are the better team. However, they have played pretty good football this year, particularly on the defensive side. I think it would be a tough game.

there could be more options. [edit] much better options 

the basic point I wanted to see was whether people were confident or not. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

honestly, 'afraid' of any playoff team.  They are all really good and capable of winning any game.

I answered 'not afraid' because I think the Patriots are a better match-up than a number of teams in the AFC playoff picture.  id want to face them over the Colts, Chiefs, Bengals, and Titans.  

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Yes I am worried about a much less talented team with a rookie noodle arm QB coming to Buffalo and beating us in the playoffs

last i saw we had over a 50% chance of playing them. but that was before sunday. if things stay chalk with the top 3 seeds its most likely us and NE in the 4/5 game.... i didnt vote, but its the playoffs and with the inconsistent nature of this team i suppose i'm worried. Although i think we probably would have swept them if not for an anomalous weather event.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there could be more options. [edit] much better options 

the basic point I wanted to see was whether people were confident or not. 

Got it. Put me down for confident. Not just for that game, but for any game they play, regardless of opponent or location. I think this team will be ready come playoff time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I think we need to collectively rewire our thinking with the "come to Buffalo" thing. We casually insert that as if it is another advantage for the Bills, while the reality is that the perceived adversity serves as a rallying point for the visitors and playing at home seems to hamstring the Bills.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

But why? I'm not trying to be contentious, but I truly don't see anything about being at home that benefits this Bills team.

We have one of the best & most raucous crowds in the NFL.  When it comes to a playoff game, that really helps - especially the defense.

Facing a rookie QB like Jones, in possibly his 1st playoff game?  I'd bet that he'd rather be in New England than Buffalo. That crowd will fire up the D, and likely rattle him.

Homefield is still a thing. It's why teams in every sport try so hard to get it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

last i saw we had over a 50% chance of playing them. but that was before sunday. if things stay chalk with the top 3 seeds its most likely us and NE in the 4/5 game.... i didnt vote, but its the playoffs and with the inconsistent nature of this team i suppose i'm worried. Although i think we probably would have swept them if not for an anomalous weather event.

34 percent chance of playing NE

35 percent chance of playing IND

20 percent  chance of playing LV

10 percent chance of playing LAC

all per Yards Per Pass spreadsheet on twitter 

I'm going to be worried no matter who this team faces in the playoffs because of the inconsistency with coaching, Allen, etc.

And speaking of Allen, if he plays like he did yesterday there's very little chance we are advancing past the first playoff game regardless of the opponent. But Belichik and the Pats would definitely feast off 3 INT's and are a much better team than the Falcons obviously.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.