Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo.  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mindset. Are you worried?

• Hell No! The Bills own the East!!!
    • Belicheat & Jones should be feared

If the Bills do play the Pats in the first round conspiracy theorists are going to be on edge because obviously if the league truly wants a Pats/Bucs SB matchup then our season obviously ends in a few weeks and we'll be one and done.

But for more practical purposes I'd rather not face Belichik in the playoffs given his resume and the Pats always seem to play better in Buffalo as evidenced this year and even last year when they could have easily won if not for the Newton fumble in the closing minutes of the game.

• Eyeroll 1

It could either go amazingly or disastrously for me. 

But that's the matchup I want the most. It will be the most entertaining 3 hours of football possible short of a Buccaneers SB matchup.

Bring it Beli.

I want what Browns fans had last year

Edited by FormerlyPT5P

Buffalo will know what they play for before kick off

Bengals W, Chiefs Win they will be 4

one lose they are 3

both lose they are 2

Patriots know if colts W/L so if they were to lose they’d not be 7.  They might be more motivated to play Cincinnati/ Tennessee over KC/BUF

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

34 percent chance of playing NE

35 percent chance of playing IND

20 percent  chance of playing LV

10 percent chance of playing LAC

all per Yards Per Pass spreadsheet on twitter 

This is weird.  I think it is a function of the early line being Cleveland is favored by 3 over Cincy (as reported by Yahoo as BetMGM as source).  They say in the write up that they believe Cincy will be resting some starters.  The CBS article with early odds from Caesars, has Clev as 3 pt favorites as well with the same underlying reason. 

Just doesn't make sense to me.  The win for Cincy means something, seeding.

9 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

This is weird.  I think it is a function of the early line being Cleveland is favored by 3 over Cincy (as reported by Yahoo as BetMGM as source).  They say in the write up that they believe Cincy will be resting some starters.  The CBS article with early odds from Caesars, has Clev as 3 pt favorites as well with the same underlying reason. 

Just doesn't make sense to me.  The win for Cincy means something, seeding.

I guess the question is...how much does Cincy value seeding vs health? 

20 hours ago, Success said:

It would be harder to beat them in the AFCCG, where BB has so much experience.

Bring 'em on early.  If we play them at home and the winds aren't crazy, we should beat them. 

Patriots even with Brady were pretty mediocre in road playoff games

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Unless of course there is weather in Buffalo… lol

I’m still going back and forth on this one 😂 I guess we’ll know after the third matchup lol I don’t think the pats coaches trusted mac to throw the ball in that wind which is a huge advantage for buffalo.  For whatever reason the bills didn’t give josh a chance to throw much until late and he was pretty successful even into the wind.  Bills have also made some blocking scheme changes and are running pretty effectively lately 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I guess the question is...how much does Cincy value seeding vs health? 

Yes, and when I think about it more, it makes more sense.  Not only healthy but lose and probably play NE or win and play Indy. I think most people would rather play NE than Indy.  Also in that scenario after beating NE they would most likely head to Tenn instead of KC.

The downside would be if they had to meet the 3 seed (probably the Bills) in the AFCCG it would be in Buffalo.

I think I would rest the players.  But there is still a good chance that a hungry second string can take down the pathetic Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Patriots even with Brady were pretty mediocre in road playoff games

I’m still going back and forth on this one 😂 I guess we’ll know after the third matchup lol I don’t think the pats coaches trusted mac to throw the ball in that wind which is a huge advantage for buffalo.  For whatever reason the bills didn’t give josh a chance to throw much until late and he was pretty successful even into the wind.  Bills have also made some blocking scheme changes and are running pretty effectively lately 

I have no clue how Jones will be in the playoffs, home or away, but so far he has been a better road warrior than at home.. 6-1.  I would not expect the same game plan twice even with wind.. I’d expect a lot more screens and punting on the Bills to over persue (not saying they will but that’s what they will count on) I know this will sound bad, but I’m not worried about Buffalo running. 1. None of your runners are scary 2. I don’t think your OC will have the patience stay with it even if it was working. (Besides Allen’s arm is the Bills bread and butter)

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Unless of course there is weather in Buffalo… lol

It’s still the best matchup.  We’d prefer to play the worst QB in the playoffs.  

Frazier and McD will be better equipped.  This time around AJ Klein wont have Covid and we can play a 4-3.  We played nickel 43% of the tornado game because Klein’s backup (Dodson) was horrendous.    

meanwhile macs arm (or lack thereof) will be on full display.  

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s still the best matchup.  We’d prefer to play the worst QB in the playoffs.  

Frazier and McD will be better equipped.  This time around AJ Klein wont have Covid and we can play a 4-3.  We played nickel 43% of the tornado game because Klein’s backup (Dodson) was horrendous.    

meanwhile macs arm (or lack thereof) will be on full display.  

I’d say Wentz is the worst QB in the playoffs.  

I would also say BB and McDaniels be better prepaired.. no more useless Harry out there who you could have someone from the stands to cover.. also this time the D will be told to hold onto any balls thrown into their hands.. lol point being both games could have gone either way.. BOTH fan bases should feel confident.. 

13 hours ago, major said:

Raiders/Colts/Bengals worry me. Patriots/titans/chiefs don’t. 

I think TN with everyone back is a nasty team.  They have beaten a lot of good teams without their starters and now they are getting  bye and Henry, AJ Brown and Julio Jones back.  There OL just played their first game together all year against Miami and destroyed Miami.  Their run defense is nasty and as Brian Baldinger keeps pointing out they have the best DL in football.  Cincy and KC have bad OL.  KC has no run game.  Patriots got lucky to face TN when they had no WR or Henry and TN still put 270 yards on the ground on them and turned it over.  

Everyone disrespects this team.  Go look at their record against elite talent.  No one is better then they are.  At home they will be a real tough out unless COVID catches their studs.  

Edited by Bruce Smith

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I have no clue how Jones will be in the playoffs, home or away, but so far he has been a better road warrior than at home.. 6-1.  I would not expect the same game plan twice even with wind.. I’d expect a lot more screens and punting on the Bills to over persue (not saying they will but that’s what they will count on) I know this will sound bad, but I’m not worried about Buffalo running. 1. None of your runners are scary 2. I don’t think your OC will have the patience stay with it even if it was working. (Besides Allen’s arm is the Bills bread and butter)

I meant weather specifically not really home vs road.  seemed like the pats got spooked after the first drive in the rematch and went back to a gameplan that was very similar to the wind game and they more or less stuck with it despite it really limiting their chances of getting back into the game.  Tons of extra linemen in and misdirection type runs.  I really don’t know what team people are seeing that say the bills can’t run the football lol they are 6th in the league in rushing yards per game and singletary is 12th in the league in ypc. 

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’d say Wentz is the worst QB in the playoffs.  

I would also say BB and McDaniels be better prepaired.. no more useless Harry out there who you could have someone from the stands to cover.. also this time the D will be told to hold onto any balls thrown into their hands.. lol point being both games could have gone either way.. BOTH fan bases should feel confident.. 

I don’t mean to say this will happen again but I don’t think the second matchup could’ve gone either way respectfully.  Pats were honestly very lucky to not lose that game by 30+…I’ve never seen a team leave so many easy points on the field and still win comfortably like the bills did that game. Couple that with the pats being 5/5 when it mattered on 4th down.   Couple bad calls both ways but bills had that ridiculous ineligible man downfield penalty negate 7 points then Zach moss tackled himself on the goal line costing us 7 points then two wide open dropped tds.  Felt pretty similar to the wind game in that we just didn’t execute as well as we could but the bills were so firmly in control of that game that it didn’t much matter.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.