Matt Milano is our best linebacker.

FireChans

Let me start by saying that Edmunds is fine. He's a good player. But Milano is an animal.  Sometimes he overpursues and gets washed out of run plays. He isn't perfect. However, Matty has FOURTEEN TFL's this season. One Four. 14! That's huge. He is a beast.

To put it in perspective:

14 TFL's is good for 7th in the NFL among all positions. But more importantly, he is #1 in TFL's for defenders that line up without their hand in the dirt. Here are the players above him:

Nick Bosa, Parsons, TJ Watt, Quinn, Donald, Garrett.

So besides Quinn, those are all perennial DPOY candidates.  Put it another way, in 52 starts Milano has 44 TFL's. Edmunds in 59 starts has 29.  Even more stark, Edmunds has a total of 10 TFL's in the last two seasons combined.

Milano is the straw that stirs the drink in this front 7. I think you could argue he is the consistent best in the unit.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Let me start by saying that Edmunds is fine. He's a good player. But Milano is an animal.  Sometimes he overpursues and gets washed out of run plays. He isn't perfect. However, Matty has FOURTEEN TFL's this season. One Four. 14! That's huge. He is a beast.

To put it in perspective:

14 TFL's is good for 7th in the NFL among all positions. But more importantly, he is #1 in TFL's for defenders that line up without their hand in the dirt. Here are the players above him:

Nick Bosa, Parsons, TJ Watt, Quinn, Donald, Garrett.

So besides Quinn, those are all perennial DPOY candidates.  Put it another way, in 52 starts Milano has 44 TFL's. Edmunds in 59 starts has 29.  Even more stark, Edmunds has a total of 10 TFL's in the last two seasons combined.

Milano is the straw that stirs the drink in this front 7. I think you could argue he is the consistent best in the unit.

should make this a poll- who’s better Milano or Edmunds?  That would sift out the crap. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Milano and Edmunds are both very good. That's really the bottom line. 

They have different roles. Both fill their roles really well.

But there are some weirdos who have consistently filled these boards with their consistent needs to scapegoat a few specific Bills again and again. One of those is Edmunds. There's not much to admire about this group, but if you admire persistence in wildly ridiculous causes, you'll find a lot to admire with them. One example is finding many many creative ways to introduce new threads with the underlying theme being "I hate Tremaine and can't stop myself from saying it again and again."

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree Matt is our best but i would like to see the Bills use Edmunds in another LB position maybe opposite of Millano i think his skill set could be better utilized & then find a really good MLB .

As big as Edmunds is you would think he would be a beast but he just hasn't lived up to his draft status & every time i notice him he's just a little to late or getting pushed out of the place where he could make a tackle and they get extra yards but Millano even being smaller is usually in a better position to make the tackle.

It could be because he has better instinct's it should be interesting to see what Beane does when it comes time to resign Edmunds but seeing as he's paid Matt we know exactly what he thinks about him !!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.