Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

9 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

For sure. His actions ever since the Burfict hit in playoffs

If you think that you don't know his history. He has been crazy ever since college. He was kicked off his first team.

Brown is just nuts. Getting hit in the head didn't help, I'm sure, but he is just a certifiably crappy person who has been selfish and self-destructive his entire life.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Vontae wasn't trying to draw attention to himself with it, the most he did was use the notoriety from it to do an ad later.

Very true.  Quote from ESPN article ...

"Most people, when I did what I did, they thought I was literally going insane or something," he says. "But I was actually fine. I was totally fine.

"And I'm totally fine today."

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27636876/nfl-veteran-vontae-davis-quit-nfl-midgame-here-happened-next

Edited by ChasBB
edit link

50 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I honestly don't think he has CTE. I just think he is a total ***** whackjob. He might go on a murderous rampage or become a serial rapist. Most of them guys don't have CTE. Most don't have the talent AB did, so they just started earlier. This guy is a total nut job and needs to be watched. Maybe Tommy will look over him. 

Interesting that you say that about Brady today. In the post game presser Tommy looks very concerned and wants us all to be compassionate and be sure he gets all the help he needs in this difficult time!  What BS!   Where was the concern last year when he was wrecking his career with the Raiders?  All you were concerned with then Tommy was recruiting him for your SB run!  Where was your concern Tommy when he was caught forging and selling forged vaccine cards just this past month!?   That’s a felony Tommy , but you were so concerned that you had him back on the team throwing passes to him. 

It’s this type of fake personality , fake caring , fake concern for a human being who was already in trouble but that didn’t stop you from wanting him on your team to help achieve your goals Tommy, and you continued to enable him. Just like giving money to a crack addict , throwing this guy money to catch footballs is still enabling mental pathology, yet where was this sad face concern before he embarrassed the whole organization today?   I don’t want to see Brady with his fake concern and putting on his sad face for the press when he was a main reason Brown was still seeing a football field !   Add this crap to the list of reasons I dislike Brady as a personality.  Don’t know who is worse , Brady or Rodgers with his extreme arrogance !  It’s funny.  Was watching John Finas YouTube podcast aboit last weeks victory and at the end Rodgers name came up and he was being compared to someone else whose name I don’t remember when Fina said “ Rodgers was several times less likable “!   If you watch John Fina , that says a lot because he almost never is critical about anyone  as a person.   I was surprised that Fina said that , but not surprised it was Rodgers who finally got to Fina!  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Interesting that you say that about Brady today. In the post game presser Tommy looks very concerned and wants us all to be compassionate and be sure he gets all the help he needs in this difficult time!  What BS!   Where was the concern last year when he was wrecking his career with the Raiders?  All you were concerned with then Tommy was recruiting him for your SB run!  Where was your concern Tommy when he was caught forging and selling forged vaccine cards just this past month!?   That’s a felony Tommy , but you were so concerned that you had him back on the team throwing passes to him. 

It’s this type of fake personality , fake caring , fake concern for a human being who was already in trouble but that didn’t stop you from wanting him on your team to help achieve your goals Tommy, and you continued to enable him. Just like giving money to a crack addict , throwing this guy money to catch footballs is still enabling mental pathology, yet where was this sad face concern before he embarrassed the whole organization today?   I don’t want to see Brady with his fake concern and putting on his sad face for the press when he was a main reason Brown was still seeing a football field !   Add this crap to the list of reasons I dislike Brady as a personality.  Don’t know who is worse , Brady or Rodgers with his extreme arrogance !  It’s funny.  Was watching John Finas YouTube podcast aboit last weeks victory and at the end Rodgers name came up and he was being compared to someone else whose name I don’t remember when Fina said “ Rodgers was several times less likable “!   If you watch John Fina , that says a lot because he almost never is critical about anyone  as a person.   I was surprised that Fina said that , but not surprised it was Rodgers who finally got to Fina!  

He recruited and begged BB and Kraft to bringing Antonio to NE. He went as far and letting him live in his home with his wife and kids. He then did it again in Tampa. Tom must know more than anyone else does. Something smells fishy.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He recruited and begged BB and Kraft to bringing Antonio to NE. He went as far and letting him live in his home with his wife and kids. He then did it again in Tampa. Tom must know more than anyone else does. Something smells fishy.

I don’t know Tom , but I would say it speaks to his superficial evaluation of personal traits.  He had to know about the past reports but chose to ignore them and actually with his naïveté, put his own family at risk.  That’s a form of narcissism as Brady is basically acting like he can “ fix” Brown when professionals with years of training had already commented on the likelihood of Brown having personality disorder traits and actions compatible with possible sociopathy.  Great athletes like Brady don’t live in the type of real world that most of us do. They live very protected lives and are worshipped from college on as athletes , so of course their narcissism is fed and they believe they can do what countless others can’t.   Unfortunately, throwing a football does not transfer to diagnostic skills in psychiatry!  The only fishy thing is Tom being “ concerned” and caring so passionately  for him as “ we all love him deeply” !  

I don’t think Brady is covering anything up because I don’t believe he actually understands the depth of pathology Brown has exhibited and is capable of. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

I don’t know Tom , but I would say it speaks to his superficial evaluation of personal traits.  He had to know about the past reports but chose to ignore them and actually with his naïveté, put his own family at risk.  That’s a form of narcissism as Brady is basically acting like he can “ fix” Brown when professionals with years of training had already commented on the likelihood of Brown having personality disorder traits and actions compatible with possible sociopathy.  Great athletes like Brady don’t live in the type of real world that most of us do. They live very protected lives and are worshipped from college on as athletes , so of course their narcissism is fed and they believe they can do what countless others can’t.   Unfortunately, throwing a football does not transfer to diagnostic skills in psychiatry!  The only fishy thing is Tom being “ concerned” and caring so passionately  for him as “ we all love him deeply” !  

I don’t think Brady is covering anything up because I don’t believe he actually understands the depth of pathology Brown has exhibited and is capable of. 

As we all already know, Tom will do absolutely anything to win. His time is running out quickly.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I remember it was said Brady let Brown live at his home with he and his family for a month or 2. Think it was last season. That may have been an interesting time in that household..lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

How many teams and team mates has he bailed on with his selfish tantrums. He ain't the only game in town but he us the worst team mate

I recall that he got upset when his Steelers teammates voted Juju Smith-Shuster as team MVP and he disappeared.

Just now, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I wish he wouldn’t leave and stay and start pulling Dennis Rodman stuff we’re he gets so frustrated he starts taking off his shoes in the middle of games and yelling at his assistant coach’s before games start good stuff.  I guess Brown wants to be known as the worm. 

Maybe he will start to aggravate Brady and call him 60 times within 2 hrs on a regular basis and Brady gets frustrated and distracted to the point he plays like ***** while getting knocked out in 1st round

Good riddance to bad rubbish this guy is a flake & it was just a matter of time after this i would hope no one allows him back on a NFL team at any time any where !! 

Does any one know the reason of this or did he just lose it just because of who he really is ? They came back to win correct so what was his deal ? 

It won't be long and this guy will do something that will get him arrested and thrown in jail again he's just not wrapped to tight !! 

Edited by T master

Excusing this as crazy or nuts IMO is giving the guy a pass. What he is, is an absolute narcissist. The world revolves around him and it's not that he doesn't realize the consequences of his actions, it's that he genuinely doesn't care about them. The NFL has enabled him at every turn. His actions in LV were 100% about him getting his guaranteed money voided. Here, he was due $300,000 in bonuses and didn't think he was getting enough chances to earn them so he threw a fit while his team was down 14 points with a quarter and change left. This is why he doesn't pay his employees and treats people around him like dirt, because it makes him upset when they ask him not to be a deadbeat and he thinks that inconvenience of him being made to feel bad is worth more than money owed to people. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe he will start to aggravate Brady and call him 60 times within 2 hrs on a regular basis and Brady gets frustrated and distracted to the point he plays like ***** while getting knocked out in 1st round

No no you want him to act Dennis Rodman when Rodman played for the Spurs in 93-94 and that will cause Rodger to  Crying in interviews that he had to do something to Tampa bay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.