CDC changes isolation period...NFL now adopts (Bills related for Gabe Davis)

Hebert19

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not football relevant, except to note that part of the protocol change was that clubs were to distribute home antigen tests to players for the use of friends and families.  Whether they actually use them before get-togethers or just stack them up in a cabinet, again 🤷‍♂️ but I'd bet my last dime they aren't masking.

If they are labeled NFL on it likely signing and selling to fans.  Money first.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well yeah Bease is going to have more catches since he's the starter and McK isn't on the field hardly at all when Bease is playing besides KR.. You can't get a lot of catches/stats when not playing. But yes obviously we can use both, I meant wanting to see more opportunities for McK.

I always reserve the right to be wrong, but the scheme may be to tone McKenzie down for the last 2 regular season games & then increase his role in the playoffs.  This may help from a strategic point to take advantage of defenses trying to scheme against him in the playoffs 

18 minutes ago, Golden said:

I always reserve the right to be wrong, but the scheme may be to tone McKenzie down for the last 2 regular season games & then increase his role in the playoffs.  This may help from a strategic point to take advantage of defenses trying to scheme against him in the playoffs 

Lol, well we all are wrong sometimes, but I for sure think you are definitely not in the ball park here simply if looking at Daboll clearly hasn't used him hardly at all the whole season compared to last season. Many including myself have questioned why. He's just been KR for most part while doing pretty well other than that fumble and only got back on offense when Bease was out.

So highly doubt it's  anything about scheme last 2 games...however I do hope his opportunities increase from here on out and into playoffs. He certainly earned it

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

20 minutes ago, Golden said:

You do know that this is the playoffs right now... the Bills cannot afford to lose a game.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

And Sanders have more catches than Davis. Who would you rather see play?

Davis. But Sanders who started off strong has faded. In contrast Beasley has been very consistent across the season.  And as great as McKenzie was Sunday, Beasley has been playing at a top 3 slot WR level for nearly three straight seasons:

2019:  67 - 778 - 6 TD

2020:  82 - 967 - 4 TD

2021:  76 - 640 - 1 TD

That's great production.

And I would like to see Beasley and McKenzie on the field at the same time.  There are some innovative formations you can run out of with these two together.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Davis. But Sanders who started off strong has faded. In contrast Beasley has been very consistent across the season.  And as great as McKenzie was Sunday, Beasley has been playing at a top 3 slot WR level for nearly three straight seasons:

2019:  67 - 778 - 6 TD

2020:  82 - 967 - 4 TD

2021:  76 - 640 - 1 TD

That's great production.

And I would like to see Beasley and McKenzie on the field at the same time.  There are some innovative formations you can run out of with these two together.

McKenzie has over 1/6 of his yards in one game...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

McKenzie has over 1/6 of his yards in one game...

I'm not saying McKenzie wasn't great on Sunday - he was.  And I think McKenzie needs to be integrated more fully into the Bills offense.  But Beasley has been consistently productive over the last THREE seasons.  Sorry, but I see a real value in consistency. 

I may be wrong here but I get a sense that there's an anti-Beasley bias coming through in some of this.  One great game by McKenzie doesn't mean we should toss Beasley to the curb.  And given that most of McKenzie's catches were at the boundary of the field while Beasley thrives between the hash marks it seems like we could employ both guys in the passing game at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.