1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I may be in the minority but I want to face the Colts again.

No.  You're pry in the majority with the "revenging an embarrassing loss" mindset you think the Bills and their fans would have going in.  However, it's still a bad match up and pry would be a toss up.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  You're pry in the majority with the "revenging an embarrassing loss" mindset you think the Bills and their fans would have going in.  However, it's still a bad match up and pry would be a toss up.

I don’t care what mindset “the fans” have.  I do think avenging that ass-kicking would be a strong motivational factor for the team.

OT but didn’t want to create a thread on it.

How annoying is Rachel Bonnetta (host of NFL Gameday View on NFLN)?  I remember when she got the gig on the NHLN a few years back, I’d always think “shhheeeeeh, this chick is doing way to much and trying way to hard to be funny.  

NFLN had her fill in for Kaye Adams for a few days, she had a a funny segments (dressing up as and pretending to be Kyle Brandt doing angry runs comes to mind).  She flashed a little bit of talent and figured she would be Kaye’s potential replacement when she inevitably gets a job elsewhere. Ever since that segment, she’s done nothing but try too hard and fail (every time I’ve seen her).  If she gets the job, I hope she improves

anyone else find her annoying?

4 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t care what mindset “the fans” have.  I do think avenging that ass-kicking would be a strong motivational factor for the team.

And I’ll be honest, facing Belichick a 3rd time is not something I want.  Sure, we are home and we are better but when you play the Pats* you also play the officials, especially in the playoffs - no team gets more help from officials than the Pats*.  

On 12/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, eball said:

The Falcons have only scored 278 points this season...to put that in perspective, the Jets have scored 276.  Only six teams have scored fewer.  They've also given up 400 points, more than all but four teams.

I'm really bored with the "the Bills lost to the Jags, I'm not taking anything for granted" takes.  This is not a game in early November; it's one of two left, at home, to clinch the division.  Buffalo isn't looking past anyone and I fully expect an ass kicking.

You were sayin?

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The playoff machine on 538 says we make the playoffs as long as we beat the Jets even if we lose to the Falcons?  Is that accurate or did I click the wrong button?

I wouldn’t count the Jets an auto win seeing how they are doing against TB today.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Between them and the Dolphins I'll take playing the Jets.

Although the Phins looked worse today against the Titans. I would agree. Both Pats and Bills heading to the playoffs.. 

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Doesn’t really matter now.

Just matters for division. 

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unfortunately they won't be playing Mike White, Zach Wilson, Brissett, Tua, Heinicke, Siemian, or Mills in the SB.  

That is just for a playoff spot not the division championship and a home playoff game

Love how it is used as a slight that the defense shuts down the QBs they should. They also limit the QB's they should as well, but at a certain point you just need your offense to outscore your opponent. I dont think these is a single defense this year that has shut down every elite QB.

This was a good win.  I was so nervous this week for this game because people don’t remember the Falcons always gave us fits and I think before Shawn McDermott arrived we always lost to the Falcons.  They eliminated us in Toronto when Ej Manuel tried to make a come back but Stevie Johnson fumbled the ball.  So they eliminated us once now we returned the favor.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Although the Phins looked worse today against the Titans. I would agree. Both Pats and Bills heading to the playoffs.. 

Just matters for division. 

We play better on the road so maybe we should just rest our starters.

11 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Love how it is used as a slight that the defense shuts down the QBs they should. They also limit the QB's they should as well, but at a certain point you just need your offense to outscore your opponent. I dont think these is a single defense this year that has shut down every elite QB.

Of course not. But the QBs I listed are amongst the worst in the league and most aren't even starters on their teams.  Every team plays bad QBs during the season but this is an exceptionally terrible group. 

All I'm saying is this defense is not an elite #1 unit. The stats don't tell the entire story. The stop after Allen's 3rd interception was one of the best of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Of course not. But the QBs I listed are amongst the worst in the league and most aren't even starters on their teams.  Every team plays bad QBs during the season but this is an exceptionally terrible group. 

All I'm saying is this defense is not an elite #1 unit. The stats don't tell the entire story. The stop after Allen's 3rd interception was one of the best of the season. 

I disagree. I'd say they are elite, may not be true #1 due to the run defense gaps, but they are one of the best groups in the league. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

They shouldn’t. But Any given Sunday and well they are playing pretty well. Just saying the Bills O comes out poorly like they did today against AtlantA they can lose.

Yeah but the Bills are not going to lose to the Jets. I know you want to hope for that any given Sunday stuff so the Pats can win the division but its not going to happen.  Feel free to come back and quote me if it does and I'll eat my crow.

58 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah but the Bills are not going to lose to the Jets. I know you want to hope for that any given Sunday stuff so the Pats can win the division but its not going to happen.  Feel free to come back and quote me if it does and I'll eat my crow.

Lol I’m just wanting a Pats win and worry about the Bills after that.. lol

29 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m sayin’ Josh played like a rookie and we still won by 14. 

I know it wasn't pretty at times, but he displayed the leadership of a 10 year vet in the second half and made everybody around him better today.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I know it wasn't pretty at times, but he displayed the leadership of a 10 year vet in the second half and made everybody around him better today.

Tongue in cheek, man. You know I love the kid. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.