12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Games on Josh. So many broken bad plays where Josh got it done (throws back across the field for example).  Daboll has to be better…..but kick ass game overall and we beat the Pats. 

Josh deserves most of the credit but Daboll's game plan was solid. He used the running game effectively, lots of motion, misdirection plays, short underneath passes, Josh under center more, etc...I don't get the Daboll hate in this game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I think back to that iconic huge Thanksgiving victory in Dallas that convinced me he was the One.......today was amazing too.  How fortunate are we to be discussing such lofty topics eh Logic?  HA :-)))))

I feel like that Dallas game gets maybe more credit than it deserves for being like the first big national spotlight where he played really well. This game the stakes it had and just the fact that there were maybe a couple bad plays from him but they might of just been miscommunications in a very hostile environment just feels better. Maybe the Seatle game tops it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

This may be a controversial opinion, but...

Given the stakes of today's game, the surrounding roster circumstances, and the opponent...I thought today was Allen's best game as a pro.

He seemed to make the correct decision on almost every play.

When the Pats dropped defenders deep, he checked it down. When they finally squatted on the short stuff, he hit them medium and deep. When his protection held up, he stayed in the pocket. When it broke down, he ran for positive yards or rolled out and found an open receiver. He played within the structure of the offense and the gameplan. He took what the defense gave him ALL. GAME. LONG.

Yes, he had two passes that could and maybe should have been picked. Other than those two passes, he had just about a perfect game. The Pats defenders even said in the post-game pressers that he just beat whatever they were throwing at him all game long.

Mind you: This was against the number one defense in the league, arguably the best defensive mind and head coach of all time, in their house, for the division. Zero punts. 33 points. Domination.

Best game as a pro. I'm sticking with it.

Yep. I said that after the game as well.

100 percent agree with you!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Josh deserves most of the credit but Daboll's game plan was solid. He used the running game effectively, lots of motion, misdirection plays, short underneath passes, Josh under center more, etc...I don't get the Daboll hate in this game. 

I agree with this. I don’t hate Daboll but he needs to do better. Josh shouldn’t be holding on to the ball that long, improvising plays, etc.  Daboll is def an above average play caller with a kick as QB and WR’s (and maybe average to  below average O-Line).  

Suffering Bills fans want to see a 45-0 score. Maybe need to adjust my shades. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think Josh might of been a little more annoyed by that Pro Bowl snub than he's let on.

It’s probably more the Patriots talking crap all day and Belichick has talked down Allen in the past. They don’t respect him and he finally vented out loud. Good for him.  F the entire Pats nation, players and Bill Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I feel like that Dallas game gets maybe more credit than it deserves for being like the first big national spotlight where he played really well. This game the stakes it had and just the fact that there were maybe a couple bad plays from him but they might of just been miscommunications in a very hostile environment just feels better. Maybe the Seatle game tops it?

yeah Im not being completely objective,..the thanksgiving game at the time was just so danged satisfying/exciting/thrilling for me in my memory lore it rises to the top for me personally

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly the only other game I can think where he basically pulled a "fine, I'll do it myself" was the playoffs against the colts last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.