Cryptocurrency....the future...are you in?

TwistofFate

• 4 weeks later...

I’m not adding to some Russian oligarch’s gazillions. I have better charities in mind. 

I’d rather send money to St Jude Children’s Hospital. I trust that to make the world better. 

Edited by Augie

On 12/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, TwistofFate said:

Crypto is shaping up to be the future of finance.  What are you all holding and investing in?  Metapets is the hot mover right now.

Update on meta pets? Or did you dump it like everyone else seems to have done?

Is OTW now a pump and dump posting board like the old Yahoo stock boards? 

• Haha (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, TwistofFate said:

Crypto is shaping up to be the future of finance.  What are you all holding and investing in?  Metapets is the hot mover right now.

I do want to commend you on your timing here. This post coincided almost perfectly with the peak for Metapets. 

Now that it's lost 75% of its value in 6 weeks, you still long? 

On 12/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, TwistofFate said:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/01/cryptocurrency-scam-blockchain-bitcoin-economy-decentralization?fbclid=IwAR37NQkiA_syA5iQjFjAfIxIN7RRbVJi7IV-NNFgShsdscu02SqGYGZph_M

Cryptocurrency is a scam.

All of it, full stop — not just the latest pump-and-dump “shitcoin” schemes, in which fraudsters hype a little-known cryptocurrency before dumping it in unison, or “rug pulls,” in which a new cryptocurrency’s developers abandon the project and run off with investor funds. All cryptocurrency and the industry as a whole are built atop market manipulation without which they could not exist at scale.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfts-cryptocurrencies-and-web3-are-multilevel-marketing-schemes-for-a-new-generation-11645246824

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I always kind of thought maybe Bitcoin would make it because the idea of a global digital currency made a certain amount of sense to me, though as more and more people made their own it seemed less likely to succeed. But this just seems like they're fundamentally flawed/poorly designed, though I get the idea of mining leads people to assigning the value that they need for it to work.

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I always kind of thought maybe Bitcoin would make it because the idea of a global digital currency made a certain amount of sense to me, though as more and more people made their own it seemed less likely to succeed. But this just seems like they're fundamentally flawed/poorly designed, though I get the idea of mining leads people to assigning the value that they need for it to work.

Global digital currency 100% makes sense, but how people are investing/trying to make money is kind of independent of the idea of gov't supported currency?

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

During the last housing boom/bust, the regulators would send people to investigate. I remember an interview where one guy said something like “if they sent anybody in who actually understood what was happening, we had to hire them”. It was too complicated for almost anyone to decipher, but at least there WERE regulators. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Global digital currency 100% makes sense, but how people are investing/trying to make money is kind of independent of the idea of gov't supported currency?

As of now USA looks at crypto as property, not currency, and taxed as such. 

I've made 50k dollars since the beginning of this year in crypto.  I've cashed out none, and expect my gains to more than quadruple in the next several months. 

I'm mainly invested in blockchain technology at this point, with a few metaverse projects in my portfolio. 

It seems as though in the very near future the federal reserve will actually unveil their own digital dollar, which will be used as a stable coin with some amount of apy attached to it to make it attractive to hold. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:18 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Too funny.  Crypto is the future.  Much in those articles is inaccurate. Big banks and government hate crypto because they can't control it.  Countries and people can't be held hostage or raped and pillaged by big financiers.

The value of crypto is exactly what people deem it to be. 

Funny how those articles claim crypto has zero value, yet here we are on the daily walking around with paper in our pockets pretending it has value, or a plastic card we swipe in a machine and hit a couple buttons and digits move on a screen and we pretend it has value. 

Defi is an unstoppable force that gives people the power over money, not wealthy bankers who have rigged the game long ago.  They know it and they hate it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Too funny.  Crypto is the future.  Much in those articles is inaccurate. Big banks and government hate crypto because they can't control it.  Countries and people can't be held hostage or raped and pillaged by big financiers.

The value of crypto is exactly what people deem it to be. 

Funny how those articles claim crypto has zero value, yet here we are on the daily walking around with paper in our pockets pretending it has value, or a plastic card we swipe in a machine and hit a couple buttons and digits move on a screen and we pretend it has value. 

Defi is an unstoppable force that gives people the power over money, not wealthy bankers who have rigged the game long ago.  They know it and they hate it. 

Well that is slowly changing they are starting to now find way of controlling it. They will learn it will actually be easier to do. Most of the crypto wealth is held by the wealthy already.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I’m curious as hell. I would LOVE some way to get a glimpse of the average net worth and age of the people getting into crypto. Are they all in their 20’s and 30’s? Do any have a net worth of a million? $5 Mil or more? North of that? 

We are 60-ish, and my wife’s younger sister is a successful professional. She got in cheap, but still has less than $10k as of last check. It’s not 1% of her net worth. How deeply are you invested in this?

What percentage of your net worth is crypto, and how old are you?

I’d start a poll if I could.  

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I have to admit, I’m curious as hell. I would LOVE some way to get a glimpse of the average net worth and age of the people getting into crypto. Are they all in their 20’s and 30’s? Do any have a net worth of a million? $5 Mil or more? North of that? 

We are 60-ish, and my wife’s younger sister is a successful professional. She got in cheap, but still has less than $10k as of last check. It’s not 1% of her net worth. How deeply are you invested in this?

I  bought my first crypto 18 months ago, when I was 70. I spent $725 on XRP. My wife flipped out when I bought it ("you bought something you can't see!"). I had discovered that XRP was going to be the basic currency of the new banking system (QFS), so it seemed a wise investment to me. She would never listen to my rationale for buying it. 

Eleven months ago, I started on Lobstr, buying XLM (Stellar Lumens) and swapping them for other tokens. As it turns out, the Stellar Network will be the new stock market. While I never trusted the NYSE and Wall Street mob, I have invested in hundreds of stocks through Lobstr. You can currently buy millions (or billions) of tokens for companies and commodities around the world. I'm wheelin' and dealin'! It's a lot of fun.

My net worth is pretty low, about $100K, I guess. My wife filed for divorce because of my crypto among other things, and we split a chunk of money from selling a house. I invested most of it, so I am set for the future. I expect to have millions of dollars by the end of the year. I had never expected to be rich, but then I happened into XRP and then XLM. I have about 40-45% of my net worth in crypto, and a similar % in precious metals too. I am just waiting for the big event to cash in some of it, keep most of it long-term.

I have 8 nieces/nephews, mostly educated, working in tech jobs, but none seem to do any crypto. Nobody else I know does crypto either.

<<My net worth is pretty low, about $100K, I guess.    . . .   I expect to have millions of dollars by the end of the year.>>

Does this sound reasonable to you?  I'm just some random poster on the internet, but if there is anyone in your life whose judgment you respect, you might want to ask them the same question.

I hope the "big event" isn't the resurrection of JFK in Dallas:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qwb3/jfk-qanon-dallas-cult-growing

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ICanSleepWhenI&#x27;mDead said:

<<My net worth is pretty low, about $100K, I guess.    . . .   I expect to have millions of dollars by the end of the year.>>

Does this sound reasonable to you?  I'm just some random poster on the internet, but if there is anyone in your life whose judgment you respect, you might want to ask them the same question.

I found that…….noteworthy (for lack of a better word) as well. 

12 hours ago, Augie said:

We should grab a beer on the beltline next week and discuss.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:33 AM, ICanSleepWhenI&#x27;mDead said:

If you know there is a new financial system (QFS) coming, and it will be backed by precious metals, then you may want to buy some of the crypto coins which will be used in that system. In late 2020, I found out about those things.

Between the XRP, XLM, and silver, I expect to be very wealthy, probably in this calendar year.

Does it sound reasonable, you ask? Not normally, but then these are historic times we will soon be living through. If you are prepared for what is coming, you can cash in big-time. Most people have no clue what is coming.

3 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

If you know there is a new financial system (QFS) coming, and it will be backed by precious metals, then you may want to buy some of the crypto coins which will be used in that system. In late 2020, I found out about those things.

Between the XRP, XLM, and silver, I expect to be very wealthy, probably in this calendar year.

Does it sound reasonable, you ask? Not normally, but then these are historic times we will soon be living through. If you are prepared for what is coming, you can cash in big-time. Most people have no clue what is coming.

what color lambo u buying?

5 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

You talk about the "big event" and "what is coming" in pretty vague terms.  Why be vague about it?  I'd appreciate it if you would explain exactly what you think the "big event" will be that is "coming."  Educate me about what you've learned about the forthcoming quantum financial system ("QFS").  Doing that would help your own investments, right?  The more people who see the light and invest in the same way you have, the more demand there will be for what you already own, which should make your own investments more valuable and accelerate your path to wealth.

So how about it?  Don't just leave me clueless about what's coming - - please explain to me specifically what's coming.

Thanks.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:25 PM, Augie said:

People have been selling commodities for centuries, but now we've evolved into selling... nothing; like e-comic books, sports cards, and NFTs.

In the future, will these digital collections be worth money? or will they just disappear?

I think the reason that 20-30yr olds are jumping on this faster is because they are the first generation to grow up in a digital world where they pay for MUT cards and e-books. Society has taught them that imaginary objects have value.

44 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I find a lot of stories about people saying they have a lot of money in Crypto...

...and horror stories of finding out they can't turn it back into dollars.

...is this like when someone says they have $1 million dollars worth of beanie babies?

That's my worry too.  Sure I can buy crypto, but when I want to sell it, how can I get my money out?  

53 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I find a lot of stories about people saying they have a lot of money in Crypto...

...and horror stories of finding out they can't turn it back into dollars.

...is this like when someone says they have $1 million dollars worth of beanie babies?

No the people with the beanie babies actually have a plush animal.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, ICanSleepWhenI&#x27;mDead said:

You talk about the "big event" and "what is coming" in pretty vague terms.  Why be vague about it?  I'd appreciate it if you would explain exactly what you think the "big event" will be that is "coming."  Educate me about what you've learned about the forthcoming quantum financial system ("QFS").  Doing that would help your own investments, right?  The more people who see the light and invest in the same way you have, the more demand there will be for what you already own, which should make your own investments more valuable and accelerate your path to wealth.

So how about it?  Don't just leave me clueless about what's coming - - please explain to me specifically what's coming.

Thanks.

When I explain what is coming, people generally say I'm a conspiracy theorist and ignore what I say.

What is coming is a complete shutdown of the internet, phone systems and media. For 10 days or so, the Emergency Broadcast System will be the only thing on TV. Among other things, the TV will show video confessions by famous people who have committed crimes against humanity.

Would you like to see confessions by the real 9/11 perpetrators? Tune in and see. You will recognize them.

During this period, the QFS will be implemented as well. There will be new currency, backed by gold, silver, etc. If you visit your bank, ask the teller if they have seen the new rainbow currency.  When QFS kicks in, gold and silver will increase greatly in value. The QFS digital currencies (XRP, XLM, and others) will increase greatly as well.

It is expected that BTC and ETH and most other cryptos will drop to zero. If your crypto is not ISO 20022 compliant, it is "out of here".

The rainbow currency may take up to a year to switch over completely.

New rainbow currency.JPG

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

When I explain what is coming, people generally say I'm a conspiracy theorist and ignore what I say.

What is coming is a complete shutdown of the internet, phone systems and media. For 10 days or so, the Emergency Broadcast System will be the only thing on TV. Among other things, the TV will show video confessions by famous people who have committed crimes against humanity.

Would you like to see confessions by the real 9/11 perpetrators? Tune in and see. You will recognize them.

During this period, the QFS will be implemented as well. There will be new currency, backed by gold, silver, etc. If you visit your bank, ask the teller if they have seen the new rainbow currency.  When QFS kicks in, gold and silver will increase greatly in value. The QFS digital currencies (XRP, XLM, and others) will increase greatly as well.

It is expected that BTC and ETH and most other cryptos will drop to zero. If your crypto is not ISO 20022 compliant, it is "out of here".

New rainbow currency.JPG

So, the internet gets shutdown in the scenario that you propose.  Without the internet, crypto is really nothing.

Help me understand how this upcoming "storm" will put you in a better position.

And, with this, this thread really deserves a spot in PPP.  Just sayin'.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

New rainbow currency.JPG

…..and you got this scenario where, exactly? 

Did it come to you in a dream? Where you at a secretive high level business meeting to which the rest of us where not invited? Or, was it on the internet somewhere? Because if it was, it must be true!

As for a ‘69 Chevelle, that would be very cool. My first car was a Chevette, which was MUCH less cool. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.