Thursday Night Football Game Thread : Week 15 Kansas City Chiefs at LA Chargers

HomeTeam

44 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

“If I were starting a franchise today, I’d pick Justin Herbert to be my QB.”  I hear this all the time. Anyone care to elaborate why people view Herbert so much more favorably to Josh Allen? Herbert is a fine player, but I don’t get it. 

He basically is Josh Allen...the only QB who does everything as well as him even in the looks department!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Their line got blasted in a few games to end the season though….including the Colts and Chiefs playoff games…. And we couldn’t run for ***** all year last year either. The line was a weakness last year, it’s worse this year, they did nothing. 

They got lucky that Brown was ready to play so quick as a 3rd round developmental freak at RT.  

So, they technically didn’t do “nothing”, although we all saw the IOL have issues and somehow that wasn’t a concern for them.   

They paid Williams starting RT money, so I don’t think we can credit them with the foresight of Brown being ready and Williams kicking inside. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

He basically is Josh Allen...the only QB who does everything as well as him even in the looks department!

I agree they are similar, but you never hear Josh’s named mentioned when people say that about Herbert. It’s like he doesn’t exist or do the same types of thing Herbert does.  It’s wild. So you think it is an age thing? 23 (Herbert) vs. 25 (Allen)? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Success said:

At this point, all of these games are about the playoffs.  Gotta root for KC here, though I like Herbert & the Chargers infinitely more.

I've hardly seen the Chargers - but I've heard that Herbert is looking pretty good these days.

Great Thurs. night game.

I live here in San Diego. I can tell you Herbert is as good or better than Allen. He is special. I don't think the Bills would beat the Chargers if they ever meet. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

I agree they are similar, but you never hear Josh’s named mentioned when people say that about Herbert. It’s like he doesn’t exist or do the same types of thing Herbert does.  It’s wild. So you think it is an age thing? 23 (Herbert) vs. 25 (Allen)? 

Absolutely

• Thank you (+1) 1

It is a market size thing

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Justin Herbert is Josh Allen, but with the benefit of Austin Ekeler and Los Angeles. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

i think people like Herbert more because he just looks smoother back in the pocket. Just that long smooth delivery. It is great to watch. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I live here in San Diego. I can tell you Herbert is as good or better than Allen. He is special. I don't think the Bills would beat the Chargers if they ever meet. 

So is Allen.  And Herbert plays in LA.  You may not have noticed, but the Chargers moved out of San Diego a few years back.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Herbert has had some dud games this year, as has Allen.  For whatever reason Herbert gets a pass.  I will say this, Herbert is smart when he runs.  He doesn’t invite or absorb as much contact as Allen does.  He slides often or goes out of bounds.  And because of that he will probably stay healthier in his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Their line got blasted in a few games to end the season though….including the Colts and Chiefs playoff games…. And we couldn’t run for ***** all year last year either. The line was a weakness last year, it’s worse this year, they did nothing. 

Agreed.  We did add Spencer brown.

You’re acting as if the pass rush wasn’t a weakness. It was….so stop saying that we didn’t address our weaknesses.  
Our pass rush isn’t bad.  It is improved. 

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i think people like Herbert more because he just looks smoother back in the pocket. Just that long smooth delivery. It is great to watch. 

Interesting take. I was also thinking Herbert looks a little smoother/more settled working underneath in the games that I’ve seen. Josh has gotten better with it, but can still come in hot with it from time to time. There’s no QB I trust more on a third and long than Josh though. Everything is in play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.