2022 RB Draft class looks pretty good

78thealltimegreat

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hate for us to burn a 1st or 2nd round draft choice on a RB!

I can't Billieve we blew it with not one but two third round picks (at RB). Boy, the wheels sure are falling off. With little cap room next season even though, Hughes, Addison, Star, Sanders and others have finished their time in Buffalo. It is crazy sounding thinking about the cap. What ever happened to getting good backs undrafted? 
I mean, I'm glad we have nine picks for the draft but I thought we'd have around forty mill to spend next season. Our team seems weak, small and devoid of Blue-chippers other than Allen (with White hurt).

You need five or six Blue Chippers to win a SB, we're about half way there,btops. I don't see how how we're going to get three more looking back at Beane's offseasons to date. 
Things look snafu again. Same as it ever was.

And another thing! Do we just suck all along the front seven or does McD's defense make everyone look bad?

It really is hard to tell. I wonder what McD would do with a Bruce Smith?

"C'mon Bruce, just walk the OT slowly back into the QB, bea team player...."

Is it too late to get Wade Phillips back?

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.........

I'm depressed.

At least!

Well, there's a catch....

Yes, theSabreswill also suck next season.

However!

They will be fun to watch as our many kids about to be Sabres make the team next season.

We should have four lines of good to very good players. Just very young.

It will make for some really exciting moments next season and who knows?

They might surprise.

We will have young and very young impressive talent on all four lines. Throughout the defense and in goal.

i reccomend watching next season.

• Vomit 1

There are only 2 ways to get an impact RB in the draft.

1) Draft one in Rounds 1-2 (preferably 2)

2) Draft one later & get extremely lucky

We already have a pair of 3rd Round RBs, and it's clear they're not impact players. Lucking out with a Kamara or Kareem Hunt in the 3rd is rare. Sure there's success stories, but the vast majority of 3rd round & later RBs are JAGs. Who's to say the third time would be a charm if we dive back the to 3rd round well? Can we afford to waste another year of Josh's prime with a weak run game?

Edited by 947

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

McCaffrey would...trade!

I’d throw up.  

I’m surprised I got so much hate about the DB comment.  Don’t people realize that Tre won’t be back until late October at best?  

Wallace is a UFA.  We are on track to have Johnson and Jackson as our only two starting DB’s

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry my good friend, not even close. We desperately need blockers and receivers.

Ha!  I was just typing about this. 

I also disagree on receivers.  I’m very comfortable with Gabe and Diggs on the outside.  Now, If they are worried about Beasley in the slot, I understand.  But I don’t see a slow guy going early nor is that replaced in the draft.  

I’m not dismissing the need for blockers.  I just don’t know that we will go there with a 1st pick.  I hate to say it, but I see it going DB or DT with our first two picks, then G.  

Edited by Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’m not dismissing the need for blockers.  I just don’t know that we will go there with a 1st pick.  I hate to say it, but I see it going DB or DT with our first two picks, then G.  

Eliminate the guard and toss in a running back (with the DB and DT) and you will have what does resemble the Bills recipe for being a losing franchise.

I wouldn't be upset if they went O line in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

You fix the the line and your franchise QB stays healthy and the running game gets better.

JMHO

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’d throw up.  

I’m surprised I got so much hate about the DB comment.  Don’t people realize that Tre won’t be back until late October at best?  

Wallace is a UFA.  We are on track to have Johnson and Jackson as our only two starting DB’s

Ha!  I was just typing about this. 

I also disagree on receivers.  I’m very comfortable with Gabe and Diggs on the outside.  Now, If they are worried about Beasley in the slot, I understand.  But I don’t see a slow guy going early nor is that replaced in the draft.  

The Bills have Macleod on the PS and Jackson looks ok and there is also Cam Lewis.

Levi isn't getting big money anywhere and knows he fits the scheme so he should be back at a value price

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

From the little I've read and watched on this year's RBs I really like Charbonnet. Sounds like he can power through defenders, has breakaway speed and good vision, and can pass protect well. Reminds me of Henry/Taylor/Mixon. I'd gladly spend a low 1st on a player like that although I recognize that is not a popular opinion.

*Had to edit my original post*

Of all the RBs near the top of this class, Spiller and Charbonnet are the only game changers I see.

Our current RBs aren't good enough, I don't care how much people like "Motor".

Edited by Chicken Boo

16 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Obviously if Zack Moss turns it around would be the best news but should he keep getting benched…

With KJ Walker declaring for the draft there’s like 5 top 2ish round kinda prospects 

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Isiah Spiller (no relation to CJ) Texas A&M

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

The Bills could actually get a nice Guard prospect cause it is deep at Guard in the first

Comeback with RB to get at least Moss

replaced and immediately upgrade the depth at two positions 

Zach Moss just isn’t good.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Watching more clips, Bryce Hall looks like a baaaaaad mane!!!!

Breece Hall!! He’s, to me, Thurman like

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s my guy in the draft man 6’1 225 catches the ball…blocks well…oh and runs as sub 4’5 40

I don’t think he’s announced he was coming out yet

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

*Had to edit my original post*

Of all the RBs near the top of this class, Spiller and Charbonnet are the only game changers I see.

Our current RBs aren't good enough, I don't care how much people like "Motor".

You are correct without Josh’s 531 rushing yards only the Texans have a worse rushing attack in the Nfl this is unsustainable 

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Breece Hall!! He’s, to me, Thurman like

I don’t think he’s announced he was coming out yet

Oh I think he will his draft stock is only going to marginally get higher if he came back and to see a guy with this kinda production with Josh in the same backfield 

90A9A4CA-5921-4110-A245-5AA7551A5041.jpeg

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.