Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets all at home. No excuses the Bills should win all three games. If they can't beat these teams in a must win situation then they were never really as good as we thought. The game at NE could be for the division and that will be a tough one to win but the Bills can do it if they play to their potential. Winning out is a definitely doable and most likely probable if they beat NE.

I think we can all agree this year’s Bills are not as good as we thought. However there are no dominant teams in the AFC and the playoffs really will be a new season. The Bills could play a nearly perfect game in Foxboro but will not get a single call at any critical moment in that game regardless. Book it now: the Bills will not win @ New England in 2 weeks. They will either go 3-1 or 2-2 but will not run the table to finish this season. 

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, Allen probably has to cut and manoever more in the so-called pocket than he does just running.

If Allen plays he will be moving, not going to coral him, not a shot and if he sees and opening for a quick run they need  he will take it even if he is told not to.

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Book it now: the Bills will not win @ New England in 2 weeks. They will either go 3-1 or 2-2 but will not run the table to finish this season. 

I think we win that game, assuming normal cold winter weather, but nothing weird.

Also assuming Josh Allen plays full game and is pretty much fully healthy.

42 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think we can all agree this year’s Bills are not as good as we thought. However there are no dominant teams in the AFC and the playoffs really will be a new season. The Bills could play a nearly perfect game in Foxboro but will not get a single call at any critical moment in that game regardless. Book it now: the Bills will not win @ New England in 2 weeks. They will either go 3-1 or 2-2 but will not run the table to finish this season. 

I can’t disagree with this.  Wish I could.  3-1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Agree, while Allen had a rough go that particular game imo Daboll is to blame just as much if not more than Allen. Also with injuries to the OL played a big part too, but that's where the OC has to make adjustments and put Allen in a better position to make plays along with better play calling in general.

I'm honestly at the point where I'm looking forward to the day Daboll is gone.

Same.  Didn’t think I’d be saying this.  I’ve been a backer of Daboll and up til last week, I thought that he’d be back next year (because no one is going to hire him as a HC).  

I left the bar at the end of the first half of the TB game.  It was the National game, I figured I watch the rest @ home because I wasn’t in the mood to talk with anyone after watching how disgusting our offense was.  Furious about the fact that we didn’t call one run (and stunned that some people think that not one play is actually a good idea).  It was then, that I was over Daboll.  He was much better in the 2nd half but a lot of that is just because JA is a bad m************r.  Josh deserves better and would benefit from a good run game.  I just don’t think Daboll has the capability of doing that unless we have an elite OL.  And building an elite OL might take longer than Daboll has as our OC.

• Like (+1) 5

I wouldn't mind seeing Mitch play a lights out game against Carolina. Go in there and just obliterate them. Then when teams are dying to get a QB next year, the Bills have some good leverage to sell him to the highest bidder. Allen can rest and get some time with the coaches with a game plan the following week. Now is not a good time to risk him injuring himself further with that sprain. I can see why many are ok with playing Josh. Just seems like a bit of a panicky way of looking at it. Mitch can get the job done against this team anyway. The Bills are still in relatively good shape. They can survive a week without Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I can’t disagree with this.  Wish I could.  3-1

We could beat NE. Probably would have beaten them if it weren't for the crazy weather. I don't want that to sound like an excuse because NE had to play in it as well. Its directed more at Beane for building a roster that is more suited to play in a dome than the elements. In that game didn't the Bills get inside the red zone 6 or 7 times where NE only got into the red zone twice. The Bills were moving the ball up and down the field but just couldn't finish. Give 100% credit to the Pats D for stepping up when they had to. I do think the Pats 220 yards or whatever it was rushing was a little misleading. For starters they ran the ball 60 or 70 times while only throwing it 3 times. If you take away that one long run then its really not as impressive as the media made it out to be. They also had their fair share of 3 and outs and the Bills had won the time or possession battle from them. So the whole they ran the ball down our throats isn't really true. Again give them credit they won the game fair and square. I just don't think the Bills should be afraid of them and if they play their game they have an excellent chance to win.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same.  Didn’t think I’d be saying this.  I’ve been a backer of Daboll and up til last week, I thought that he’d be back next year (because no one is going to hire him as a HC).  

I left the bar at the end of the first half of the TB game.  It was the National game, I figured I watch the rest @ home because I wasn’t in the mood to talk with anyone after watching how disgusting our offense was.  Furious about the fact that we didn’t call one run (and stunned that some people think that not one play is actually a good idea).  It was then, that I was over Daboll.  He was much better in the 2nd half but a lot of that is just because JA is a bad m************r.  Josh deserves better and would benefit from a good run game.  I just don’t think Daboll has the capability of doing that unless we have an elite OL.  And building an elite OL might take longer than Daboll has as our OC.

I feel ya....also with the rate this dude is going I'm worried Allen is seriously in more than your average danger for a serious type injury....This offense has enough talent that I don't believe would take a step back just because Daboll is gone

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We could beat NE. Probably would have beaten them if it weren't for the crazy weather. I don't want that to sound like an excuse because NE had to play in it as well. Its directed more at Beane for building a roster that is more suited to play in a dome than the elements. In that game didn't the Bills get inside the red zone 6 or 7 times where NE only got into the red zone twice. The Bills were moving the ball up and down the field but just couldn't finish. Give 100% credit to the Pats D for stepping up when they had to. I do think the Pats 220 yards or whatever it was rushing was a little misleading. For starters they ran the ball 60 or 70 times while only throwing it 3 times. If you take away that one long run then its really not as impressive as the media made it out to be. They also had their fair share of 3 and outs and the Bills had won the time or possession battle from them. So the whole they ran the ball down our throats isn't really true. Again give them credit they won the game fair and square. I just don't think the Bills should be afraid of them and if they play their game they have an excellent chance to win.

Spot on.

but the pats will probably get the calls in the crucial moments 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The NFL likes the Bills / Josh storyline just enough to allow us 3-1 and hopefully we get in at 10-7. The Bills in the playoffs is still somewhat a revenue generator for the shield. But you're right there's no way in hell we'll get any calls in Foxboro.  I guarantee it.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Mitch play a lights out game against Carolina. Go in there and just obliterate them. Then when teams are dying to get a QB next year, the Bills have some good leverage to sell him to the highest bidder. Allen can rest and get some time with the coaches with a game plan the following week. Now is not a good time to risk him injuring himself further with that sprain. I can see why many are ok with playing Josh. Just seems like a bit of a panicky way of looking at it. Mitch can get the job done against this team anyway. The Bills are still in relatively good shape. They can survive a week without Josh.

He is on a 1 year deal.  Buffalo gains nothing but a possible comp pick.  

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The NFL likes the Bills / Josh storyline just enough to allow us 3-1 and hopefully we get in at 10-7. The Bills in the playoffs is still somewhat a revenue generator for the shield. But you're right there's no way in hell we'll get any calls in Foxboro.  I guarantee it.

Score enough the refs dont matter.  Weather permitting, Buffalo wins imo.  Im still not impressed or scared of New England.  In New England or anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

The problem is that the Bills with Mitch instead of Allen are not that much better than even a team like Carolina.  

Our offense is one dimensional and depends on Allen to function.  Our defense, while good, is prone to give up big plays.  Our return game is nothing much either.  On top of that we consistently take more penalties and we have been losing the turnover ratio each week of this current slump.  Further, we have not one a one score game yet this year.  

We could beat Carolina with Mitch but we will need much  better contributions from players not named Allen.  Doubtful we obliterate them, even with Allen.  

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we win that game, assuming normal cold winter weather, but nothing weird.

Also assuming Josh Allen plays full game and is pretty much fully healthy.

I still have no clue what’s going to happen…weather definitely hurt the pats too I’m sure they would’ve preferred not running the ball every play and giving us ample chances to win the game on offense late lol seems like a tossup type game that’s gonna come down to the turnover battle.  It would be wonderful if Matt Breida doesn’t fumble the ball in scoring range to open the game this time lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.