Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, BernieBill said:

Blame the refs for McDermott weakly kicking a 21-yd FG ... blame the refs for the Bills scoring 3 first half points ... blame the refs for McDermott punting w/ 2 mins to go in the 3rd quarter ... c'mon man.

It was far from a perfect game by the Bills, but no team ever has a perfect game. You shouldn't have to worry about beating both the other team and the refs. Even with all those mistakes, we. still would have won fairly easily on equal playing ground.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Diggs looks hurt or something. Barely any YAC and two weeks in a row where he isn’t breaking on the ball. I know that won’t be popular but I would have went with three other guys there on the 3rd and two. 

Also on the long incomplete pass where Diggs was held I think he scores a TD if instead of complaining and throwing his hands up he just tracks the ball.  Allen threw it within a couple of feet and Diggs seemed surprised it was that close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bakin said:

Another highlight of Tremaine whoafully lagging behind, his dreads dragging him to the ground. I really like the kid…maybe he’s out of position…but he’s the biggest liability on the field from what I can see. 

He’s very slow. It’s not his assignment to stop the run and apparently it’s not his assignment to play the pass either. I see a below average skill set physically and mentally.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I think you go for the FG and the tie every time in that situation.   Now... the play calls that led up to that 4th and 2, I think were highly debatable.  IMO, we should have taken advantage of Josh’s legs down there   

This game was a gut check, unfortunately, and the team needed to lay it all on the line.  The first half was an abortion, and I'm being kind.  The second half was neat, and I wondered why the first half wasn't like that.  You play the game to win, and I would have a LOT more respect for the decision making and level of play in this game had they fallen short after a few ballsy moves rather than what was actually produced.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He has yet to win a close game with the ball in his hand this season

He needs to finish one….just one 

He had that chance in 4 of the 5 games....  @Ten,  @Jags,   NE and @Tampa.     Our play calling once inside the red zone has been a Joke and we choked in all those games when inside the red zone

3 minutes ago, Groin said:

A game has two halves though.  Don't rest your fate in the hands of known terrible officiating.  And having written that, I remember many people saying "let them play" over various PI calls over the years.

In a league of parity its blatant what happened...the refs made sure the red hot 2nd half bills would not succeed....100% blatant....and no one can expect to beat brady and the bucs plus the refs in Tampa 😂

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The DB was looking at the ball. Handfighting there is not going to draw a flag.

Handfighting lol... he's pulling off his jersey. Get some glasses... or actually maybe you should seek employment as a ref?? Someone get Gene an application.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

When will fans ever learn that refs sucking is part of the game? If after a loss, you want to blame the refs, it generally means you didn't kick the other teams' ass. Fix the ass kicking part and you don't have to worry about the refs.

This inconsistent officiating is not going away you know...

What you're saying is true, but it's not exactly easy to go on the road and "kick the defending super bowl champions ass".

I am Saying the bills lost cause the refs.

But a lot of NFL games go down to the wire and it's hard to overcome a lot of "50/50" calls that seemingly all go against you, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

It’s not that you just say what you have to say and move on. It’s that you continue to post the same material like a nagging wife or gf. It’s exhausting. 

saying he needs to be fired after going to the afc championship is just…. Low iq stuff. 

I will keep thumbs downing because I don’t agree. So how about you just ignore my thumbing down.   Yeah?

sounds good. Good talk 

You replied to my post and you continue to reply. This is a message board and guess what quite a few posters and the Bills postgame show are criticizing McD. I don’t have a quarter of the posts on here but yet you find time to criticize mine.  It’s not low iq stuff because you disagree. The team is soft and not performing. I see what I see and it’s only a matter of time. Btw, I could care less about your thumbs downs so ignore my posts and carry on.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Also on the long incomplete pass where Diggs was held I think he scores a TD if instead of complaining and throwing his hands up he just tracks the ball.  Allen threw it within a couple of feet and Diggs seemed surprised it was that close.

That's exactly right, thank you ... Diggs is bitching at refs instead of finishing the play.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I thought so too in the moment but the replay showed the ball was thrown pretty far wide of where Diggs was

Just now, Billever76 said:

In a league of parity its blatant what happened...the refs made sure the red hot 2nd half bills would not succeed....100% blatant....and no one can expect to beat brady and the bucs plus the refs in Tampa 😂

Problem is the refs let them play when it came to tampa on diggs and davis...yet called the PI on Bills even when it was on evans 😂

Just now, Billever76 said:

Correct, and that's why you don't take the first half off.  Understand the dynamic, play good football.  It's insane that 2021 is kinda like that basketball that will bounce, but you know that it's under inflated -- and you can't find the pump and needle.

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The DB was looking at the ball. Handfighting there is not going to draw a flag.

It’s handfighting when you’re clearly grabbing a handful of another player’s jersey and you can see his shoulder pads? 

Give me a break, Gene. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.