Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

He had that chance in 4 of the 5 games....  @Ten,  @Jags,   NE and @Tampa.     Our play calling once inside the red zone has been a Joke and we choked in all those games when inside the red zone

The punt fake ............. we're down 3 scores like TB didn't think we might try a punt fake there.  Why wouldn't you just try to get 2 yards with your actual offense instead of some gimmick play that the defense probably easily sniffs out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

He’s very slow. It’s not his assignment to stop the run and apparently it’s not his assignment to play the pass either. I see a below average skill set physically and mentally.

Edmunds is the posterchild for a mental midget when it comes to the game of football.

FACT

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

These 3 young guys so far are disappointing. We're definitely saying goodbye to players like Hughes, Addison,  Star and Butler. I'm starting to think we may never surround Josh with any good trench players. Especially with how many times Beane has whiffed in these 2 areas.  We're lucky Josh didn't get destroyed today (besides his sprained ankle).

I think a big part of their problems is that they hardly see the field. Oliver was the same way and he’s finally starting to look the part. We’re hanging onto guys that aren’t producing in the meantime but are getting the nod because of experience 

Just now, Iverwig said:

You replied to my post and you continue to reply. This is a message board and guess what quite a few posters and the Bills postgame show are criticizing McD. I don’t have a quarter of the posts on here but yet you find time to criticize mine.  It’s not low iq stuff because you disagree. The team is soft and not performing. I see what I see and it’s only a matter of time. Btw, I could care less about your thumbs downs so ignore my posts and carry on.

Haha ok big guy

good talk. Keep on doing your thing. 

you know. I hope you get what you wish for and the bills fire McD and we get another 25 years of not winning anything…. Good luck on that 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

The DB was looking at the ball. Handfighting there is not going to draw a flag.

You are absolutely right. If The DB doesnt look its PI, However, Why is the NFL's new interpretation of appropriate pass defense seem to be you can smother a receiver and have you hands all over him as long as you are looking at the ball. In years past its PI all day long.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

The punt fake ............. we're down 3 scores like TB didn't think we might try a punt fake there.  Why wouldn't you just try to get 2 yards with your actual offense instead of some gimmick play that the defense probably easily sniffs out.

Yes, that play and the 21-yd FG ... time and time again, McDermott just ain't makin' the right calls at the most crucial moments.  

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

We have DE's who can't get to the QB and DT's who can't plug up the middle and stop the run (or get to the QB).  Everything that happens behind them starts with that.  If we actually got to the QB with our front 4 we wouldn't have so long and get burnt on passing routes that take 4 or 5 seconds to get open.  If we had even one player on the DL who beat his man on a regular basis everything else would be much easier.

This is so true, no one beats there man on 1/1 , sometimes you have to be able to drop 7 and still get Pressure, but we all no that nothing we can do till next year. P.S Addison and huges better be gone, I’m so tired of coach keeping old washed up players because he respects them. 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Wait so now it’s not handfighting? You admit he was tugging his jersey but the ref didn’t see it. 

You’re such a dumb, ignorant ***** that changes what you say constantly… because you’re a dumb, ignorant *****. 

It was definitely PI/holding (will look again later when I'm less pissed), but again, you can't rely on terrible officiating to be consistent.  You need to win handily, so when ***** like this hits the fan, you'll still win a ballgame.

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

This is so true, no one beats there man on 1/1 , sometimes you have to be able to drop 7 and still get Pressure, but we all no that nothing we can do till next year. P.S Addison and huges better be gone, I’m so tired of coach keeping old washed up players because he respects them. 

In retrospect the Bills kept a lot of guys they should have moved on from this past off season...

It's always best to be a year early than a year late...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Coaching.  In a tight game, coaching can make a difference between winning and losing.

Coaching is right, but remember that a game has two halves, and I think that we all saw the first half.  In a league of parity, you need to play a full game and assume nothing until the game is over.  The Pats, a team that I deeply despise, understand this.  When will my favorite team understand this?

Edited by Groin

Even though it was a loss im optimistic that this game might spark the team.  Second half was the first time they looked like a team since KC.  Got some dumpster fires and Ne.  Loss was tough but the that fight to get it in overtime was huge imo.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.