Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

We have the luxury of slow motion replay. The ref does not. So he either didn't see that, or the NFL is rigged. The latter being conspiracy garbage IMO.

It’s good to be able to overcome refs during games but if you don’t think they had an affect on today’s game not sure what to tell you. Calls tend to even out but not tonight - they were way out of wack. 

Just now, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Did you not see they were mugging him stop saying crazy maybe you would like Zay Jones back

By your rationale, and that of the "blame the refs" crowd, the Bills could not have won this game given referee incompetence.  Ok then.  I think better coaching decisions and better play by the players at crucial moments was more important to the outcome than "the refs."

Just now, Groin said:

It was definitely PI/holding (will look again later when I'm less pissed), but again, you can't rely on terrible officiating to be consistent.  You need to win handily, so when ***** like this hits the fan, you'll still win a ballgame.

This went far beyond consistent vs inconsistent…they were consistently calling PIs for one team only. You need to beat the defending super bowl champions on the road by more than enough to overcome a half dozen blown pi/non pi  calls is just ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Josh was so GD close to scoring on that play down the sidelines. I mean...Look at how close it was. And he turns it up and dives to the pylon...that's how close this was...

Felt like the end of the Tenn game where he's a couple inches short on that 3rd Down scramble...The Bills quite literally lost both games by inches...

I still think it was possible he didn't step out.  The one angle they showed from the side was terrible - the only way to know for sure is to look down the line and unfortunately they didn't have that shot edit: or at least didn't show it

DANGDANGDANG - another play of inches that would have been the difference - another unbelievable effort/gut play by Josh that will just be forgotten

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Groin said:

It was definitely PI/holding (will look again later when I'm less pissed), but again, you can't rely on terrible officiating to be consistent.  You need to win handily, so when ***** like this hits the fan, you'll still win a ballgame.

I’m not disputing that portion of it.

@Gene1973 just did a complete 180 on his interpretation of what happened and is pretending like he’s some savant. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

In retrospect the Bills kept a lot of guys they should have moved on from this past off season...

It's always best to be a year early than a year late...

The Bills went 13-3 last year;  they were not going to make a whole lot of changes to the roster.  Continuity is important in football

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

The WR was playing the odds. Just like when the Chiefs DB's were mauling Bills WR's last season. They got away with it enough times.

So you're simultaneously arguing that the officiating wasn't a problem but also that the Bucs and Chiefs use them to their advantage.

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I have seen a lot of games get ruined at the end. Only way to make sure that can't happen is to be up multiple scores.

And now you're simultaneously arguing that the officiating didn't affect the outcome but also that we need to score extra points to beat them.

Are you on drugs?

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

In retrospect the Bills kept a lot of guys they should have moved on from this past off season...

It's always best to be a year early than a year late...

Cap wise I dont know who they bring in thats better.  Sure if we knew Spencer Brown would be a guy, Williams and Felciano is redundant.  Thats complete revisionist history.  

Just now, Gene1973 said:

We have the luxury of slow motion replay. The ref does not. So he either didn't see that, or the NFL is rigged. The latter being conspiracy garbage IMO.

I de bunked the whole "conspiracy theory" thing last week and why those that always revert back to that term are simply brainwashed and have little to no understanding as to how much conspiracies actually happen, and how many people and businesses have been found guilty of it.

The NFL has also said in a legal document that they are entertainment.

After watching this type of game, once again...I know what side I come down on.

Believe what you wish, though. Most like you are unwilling to challenge your own belief system due to cognitive dissonance. 

Just now, BernieBill said:

By your rationale, and that of the "blame the refs" crowd, the Bills could not have won this game given referee incompetence.  Ok then.  I think better coaching decisions and better play by the players at crucial moments was more important to the outcome than "the refs."

The refs cost us you don’t see that? No call at end of regulation the blatant rip diggs jersey off hold earlier. The no call in OT then to call Wallace when evens is doing pi! Common man

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This went far beyond consistent vs inconsistent…they were consistently calling PIs for one team only. You need to beat the defending super bowl champions on the road by more than enough to overcome a half dozen blown pi/non pi  calls is just ridiculous. 

True, but to do so, our team also needed to show up in the first half.  So you have the variable of officiating in the mix, and has been proven time and time again in the modern NFL, you cannot rely on consistent officiating.  You've got to win ballgames, or you're *****.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Just watched Quinn turn the corner and drop Rogers.  When was the last time a Bill's DE just beat his man, turned the corner and dropped the QB.

It’s been 3 years or so, it’s terrible if we don’t blitz the QB has all day. Think how great poyer and hide could be if they had a QB rushing a play because of pressure. Both our lines are so bad 

Just now, Groin said:

True, but to do so, our team also needed to show up in the first half.  So you have the variable of officiating in the mix, and has been proven time and time again in the modern NFL, you cannot rely on consistent officiating.  You've got to win ballgames, or you're *****.

But many drives in the first half are different if the calls are correct

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.