The Bickering Bills

Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Marv had to manage the super egos of that team , that team would have imploded without him, that makes him a HOFer just for that.

So, if Marv never went to four consecutive SBs, he still would be in the HOF because he could manage super egos? Somehow I doubt that. 

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, if Marv never went to four consecutive SBs, he still would be in the HOF because he could manage super egos? Somehow I doubt that. 

He went to 4 consecutive Superbowls because he got those divas to work together. McDermott strategy is to have no divas

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

😳 Landry was a great coach.  

BB did it 19 straight years.  That one season weighs more than 3x the championships?  6-2.  

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree.  

Tom Landry doesn't need an asterisk or two next to his record.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, MPL said:

It is more common than not that a team that loses the conference championship regresses and finishes with a worse record the following season, or is bounced from the playoffs in an earlier round. I know there have been some exceptions to this in the AFC over the past decade, but what we're experiencing right now isn't uncommon. 

We didn't add any pieces and ran it back with 21 of 22 starters from last year. Teams had the whole offseason to study our offense. We haven't adjusted or adapted quick enough. 

That said, they've got a franchise QB who is one of the best in the league and one of the best WRs in the league. They should be able to retool the roster this offseason and come back better next year. 

Well said. Pressure is on Beane.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He went to 4 consecutive Superbowls because he got those divas to work together. McDermott strategy is to have no divas

I won't belabor the point except to say that every coach in the HOF was good at managing super sized egos. Like I said earlier, it's a prerequisite for the job. 

15 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

I totally agree with this. I still secretly believe the Bills are going to win the Super Bowl too. Just need them to get together and one win in tough circumstances might be enough to do it.

I always secretly believe they will win the Super Bowl.  Even during the drought years.  Hopefully this team pulls it together and delivers.  This year many teams could win it as no clear dominant team.  Fingers crossed that this team is due, not doomed.  We will get a good read tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

This team is getting pushed around, and is not playing with a killer spirit.  They fought hard in 19 and 20.  Even in 18, it seemed they had a belief in their coaching and each other.

The Jags game pissed me off as they just were apathetic losing that game.  It just seems as if they think they are better than they are this season.  I’d love for them to prove me wrong by winning today.  You can hate Brady, but he’s a winner.  He demands precision from his players and himself.  I love Josh, and believe he will grow into a perennial winner, and these losses are not his fault.

I don’t understand the comparison about the Bickering Bills.  These are the yawning Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:22 PM, nucci said:

they regressed because they hated each other...nothing to do with teams figuring them out

nucci, my good fellow… you are spot on per usual! Now if Josh comes out and is like “The guy should’ve been blocked, I don’t know what the hell Dion was thinking there!” then we’ll have something!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Agree with all this but if we get back to being aggressive this year we can make a run this year

I believe we can . They have the talent on the roster i just think they have to think outside the box with the running game on possibly the defense .

I have believed since before they chose Moss that they needed a bigger bruiser type RB say in the 230 lb range the year they took Moss was 2020 and we got AJ Epenesa which was a good pick but he hasn't been that guy in our defense and there were some what seemed to be really good backs in that draft .

On defense i would like to see the Bills try a more typical 4/3 D i think just having 2 LBers may be adding to opponents being able to run on them & i hope going forward that they will utilize the 2 bigger backs they have on the roster in Gilliam at 244 lbs & Williams at 215 lbs to add some punch to the back field .

If it's broke fix it then continue to the play offs ...

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This team is getting pushed around, and is not playing with a killer spirit.  They fought hard in 19 and 20.  Even in 18, it seemed they had a belief in their coaching and each other.

The Jags game pissed me off as they just were apathetic losing that game.  It just seems as if they think they are better than they are this season.  I’d love for them to prove me wrong by winning today.  You can hate Brady, but he’s a winner.  He demands precision from his players and himself.  I love Josh, and believe he will grow into a perennial winner, and these losses are not his fault.

I don’t understand the comparison about the Bickering Bills.  These are the yawning Bills.

Agree, we obviously have much better talent in 2021 than the drought years, but the attitude is closer to Jauron than the bickering Bills. 

8 hours ago, Hawaii50 said:

I always secretly believe they will win the Super Bowl.  Even during the drought years.  Hopefully this team pulls it together and delivers.  This year many teams could win it as no clear dominant team.  Fingers crossed that this team is due, not doomed.  We will get a good read tomorrow.

My condolences on a lifetime of disappointments 

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

I agree Marv is overrated as a HC, but I fully understand why he’s in the HOF. He made history in the game and did something no HC had done before and hasn’t done since. That’s hard for HOF voters to ignore. 

I'm not sure he's overrated in today's day and age. He's very rarely high in the list of greatest HC's of all time.

Kelly as well. They both found equilibrium now 30 years removed from their reigns.  Great NFL player/coach, etched in the annals of NFL history and worthy HoFers. But not more than that.

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

Every team in the AFC has a bad loss, so does this mean every team has “unity” or “bickering” issues? 

This team has more than one bad loss. You can sit with your friends around the campfire and sing kumbiya all ya want. If you don’t see more than minor issues with this team then you haven’t been paying attention.

7 minutes ago, Beerball said:

This team has more than one bad loss. You can sit with your friends around the campfire and sing kumbiya all ya want. If you don’t see more than minor issues with this team then you haven’t been paying attention.

Oh I realize these aren’t minor issues but it seems like some people on here (yourself included) look at this team as a team incapable of winning and are surprised they have 7 wins. The reality is it’s probably somewhere between where I think they are and where you think they are 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.